New trailer for Ashes Afterglow released

For some time now a follow up to 2018's Ashes 2063, a Doom post apocalypse themed total conversion, has been in development by its original developer; Vostyok, with the help from other noteworthy Doom modder ReformedJoe whose previous credits on Ashes include the expansion Dead Man Walking.
Retromuffin34 who has assisted with making textures.
WolfseyeRio who did the voice of Athena, the AI of the first episode.
XLightningStormL, who worked on the new radiation script. RamonDexter, who did the journal code. Snarboo, who has assisted with the code for the motorcycle.

And of course new tracks by Primeval, who also did the music for Ashes 2063's expansion.

Last year, Vostyok and his team gave fans of Ashes 2063 a quick taste of Ashes Afterglow when he made a demo available to the public containing the first four maps which link can be found at the end of this article.

Today Vostyok released a trailer to give a glimpse of what players are to expect when they return to the wasteland when Ashes Afterglow is released in the following months.

Are you ready to get back into the wasteland, Scavenger?

For updates on the project check: https://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=69612

Link demo: http://www.mediafire.com/file/adtkm6alr3iyd1m/AfterglowDemo1.zip/file

Surprised that there wasn't been a apocalyptic mad max 90's style shooter until now. You would think there would of been one already. The genre and setting is perfect for this type of shooter.

I have yet to play the first one. Do you have a link for that?

Hey there,

Here are the links to Ashes 2063 and its expansion Dead Man Walking

Go here for Ashes 2063 and here for Dead Man Walking
Just scroll to the end of the first post and click on the spoiler roll out menu under Downloads.

Do note that there will be a remaster for Episode 1 with some fixes, and I think also one for Dead Man Walking.

I played the demo back then. Was pretty good. Didn't know the full thing was released already. Downloaded it yesterday, will probably play some today.

By the way, there is also a Wolfenstein Doom mod (Blade of Agony or something), which is also pretty good.

By the way, there is also a Wolfenstein Doom mod (Blade of Agony or something), which is also pretty good.

It is very impressive, but because of the way GZdoom works and the loads of assets that are in Blade of Agony, it does not run well on a lot of machines, especially older ones.
I will need a new PC in order to actually be able to play it past a certain point, which is kind of ridiculous as my computer was able to handle games that are technically more complex.

Still, I felt it was more of a follow up to Return to Castle Wolfenstein, and Wolfenstein 2009 that Wolfenstein The New Order, Old Blood, and The New Colossus was.

Thanks! Do you have a link to more information on the remastering?

Not yet, there has not been any news on it.
I believe there will be some fixes and perhaps some new material.

Finished the first Ashes. Ended a bit too fast, imo. Got me by surprise a lot.

Started the Dead Man Walking thing now, though not sure about that one yet. Kinda struggling a lot with it and have to keep save&load. Feels a bit like I have to learn the maps to make it through.

Finished the first Ashes. Ended a bit too fast, imo. Got me by surprise a lot.

Oh, can you tell me what parts surprised you?

Perhaps because Episode 1 was the first project for the designer it was a bit short.
I know that Episode 2 will be longer.

Started the Dead Man Walking thing now, though not sure about that one yet. Kinda struggling a lot with it and have to keep save&load. Feels a bit like I have to learn the maps to make it through.

Yeah...
Don't mean to criticize ReformedJoe but DMW did not feel as strongly designed as Episode 1.

Gorgeous environments. I still need to finish 2063, but Ashes might be my favorite post-apoc setting in a long while.

T
Tell him if he puts a good NMA reference into the mod we will shill it fervently even if people whine about it.

5nhVDEj.png

Back