NMA Let's Play: Wasteland

Brother None

This ghoul has seen it all
Orderite
With Kickstarter and Paypal finalized, and inXile having moved on from pledges to accepting pre-orders, Wasteland 2 is well and truly on the way.

What better time to help familiarize people with Wasteland, or to dig up memories for those of us who did play it. With that in mind, NMA has launched an ongoing Let's Play of the original Wasteland, by our very own Tagaziel, who has already done a nifty job presenting the first' games backstory in video and text form.

We are currently recruiting rangers for the Let's Play, so log in and sign up.

I finally got around to putting up my Apple II replay/recollection/commentary site a couple days ago (I started the replay back in 2008!) After I'd got another post up I was going to post something here...

http://applevault.com/wasteland

I haven't put up any new replay videos (trying to decide whether to use youtube or what) but you can see one of them linked at the top of my "Wasteland Documentation Archive" site.

http://applevault.com/software/wasteland

I still might be interested in the NMA one though...

I just got around making a party (thanks to Per's guide)
Now I need to find the time to play :)

It is a bit sad, that apparently not a lot people are interested in a Wasteland Let's Play. I'll guess it should be done on the inXile Wasteland 2 Forum instead, where more people are passing by.

well even you have to admit that at some point a game becomes "old".

How many watched Casablanca or Citizen Cane here? compared to how many just "know" about it one way or another because they have read about the plot? Even though both are seen as "classics" of their genre. Even today.

I have to admit by my self that I am more interested in the general "story" of wasteland then playing it really. Its a bit "to old" for my taste. Yeah yeah. I am a tard and all that

Naw. Just joking. I am just saying. I started with Fallout and even that was rather "late" already as the game was out for years before I started playing it. I have grown up with games like Diablo and Baldurs gate to say that. Fallout is a "bit" older then those though not by much. Wasteland was simply before my time. And I doubt I would try such a game today. Hence why I hope that Wasteland 2 will be at least on the level of Fallout when it comes to the visuals.

Crni Vuk said:
How many watched Casablanca or Citizen Cane here? compared to how many just "know" about it one way or another because they have read about the plot? Even though both are seen as "classics" of their genre. Even today.

Both are extremely watchable to this day.

Crni Vuk said:
I have to admit by my self that I am more interested in the general "story" of wasteland then playing it really.

So, uh, you want to read a Let's Play? That's what this article series is about.

I'm a bit surprised at the lack of Ranger volunteers.

Well, you know how it is when people post here to say something like, "I like Fallout 3 a lot, do you think I should give Fallouts 1-2 a try?" and everyone responds, <s>"Go hang yourself in a pit n00b"</s> "Absolutely, it may take a little time getting used to the perspective and interface, but if you get past that you'll love it", and then later the newcomers are all "Wow I'm so glad I gave this a chance"? That's how it should be for you and Wasteland.

Brother None said:
I'm a bit surprised at the lack of Ranger volunteers.
I'm confused; how do you "volunteer" a Ranger? o_0

Also, I have never played Wasteland and I am extremely interested in seeing a good Let's Play of it, so let's make this happen.

I would have been extremly interested if i havn't already watched an excellent let's play (that i enjoyed a lot, it was awesome IMO).
So I'm less curious now but i will follow this one too.

So how would one go about acquiring a legal copy of Wasteland? All I see are used copies sold "as is" on eBay for $50. I do want to give the game another shot but not THAT badly.

maximaz said:
So how would one go about acquiring a legal copy of Wasteland?

Legal? Not a chance. The copies on eBay are it.

inXile is working at re-releasing it through the likes of GOG, though.

Viliny said:
i found it as abandonware after 2 minutes of googling...

Those sites say they're legal but I hear otherwise. I don't think most of those games are really "abandonware" in the sense that you can freely download them for free. It's not so much the legality that bothers me but the idea of pirating a good game.

inXile is working at re-releasing it through the likes of GOG, though.

That is good news. Perhaps they could freshen it up a bit, like remove that horrible beeping noise.

I'll join this if I have time tomorrow. Still not played Wasteland. Or any of the Ultima games for that matter.

1000th post! :hatersgonnahate:

Back