NMA's Skype Nighr Fallout discussion ideas.

One day left... Anyone want to try some test set-ups later tonight, say 11:00 p.m. or so? We can get the technical stuff out of the way then.

Damn... what are they using?

Not sure. Skype and Google Hangouts are the ones most brought up so far, so either would be viable.

One day left... Anyone want to try some test set-ups later tonight, say 11:00 p.m. or so? We can get the technical stuff out of the way then.

I bet 11:00 pm sounds great... depending on what time-zone you're talking about. :P

I'm using CST (Central Standard Time). Anything earlier, and I'm risking being late/unavailable. Friday though is my off-day, so any afternoon/evening/night hours go.

Damn... can we do this again so I can partake later?

Question first though: The time we've got set for this is 6 p.m. EST tomorrow. Will you be able to make that?

What timezone? I live in Australia. And yes... but what are we using? Text or voice?

It's EST, which would be 5:00 p.m. to me, and for you, if you're using Aus. Central Daylight Time, 9:30 a.m. (If we could move the time to 8:30 p.m. so you'd be on from 12:00 p.m. and after, that would likely work better for your timezone and hours.)

Since TGVD hasn't posted anything new as of yet, let's assume voice is the main communication method. I've tried copy-pasting text out of Skype and while it's rather easy, it's time consuming, and text blocks usually turn non-hardcore readers away.

Damn... can we do this again so I can partake later?

Question first though: The time we've got set for this is 6 p.m. EST tomorrow. Will you be able to make that?

What timezone? I live in Australia. And yes... but what are we using? Text or voice?

It's EST, which would be 5:00 p.m. to me, and for you, if you're using Aus. Central Daylight Time, 9:30 a.m. (If we could move the time to 8:30 p.m. so you'd be on from 12:00 p.m. and after, that would likely work better for your timezone and hours.)

Since TGVD hasn't posted anything new as of yet, let's assume voice is the main communication method. I've tried copy-pasting text out of Skype and while it's rather easy, it's time consuming, and text blocks usually turn non-hardcore readers away.

Hmm fair enough. Might be able to do it.

Oh fuck when are the tests going to be going on? I'll be willing to give my email or something so I can be informed when you're doing that. Finally got a new headset. :)

Oh fuck when are the tests going to be going on? I'll be willing to give my email or something so I can be informed when you're doing that. Finally got a new headset. :)

I can start one up on Google Hangouts right now if you want. Just need to get my password back from Skype since I've not used it since 2011, and download Audacity to assist in recording, just in case Google hiccups too much.

I can start one up on Google Hangouts right now if you want. Just need to get my password back from Skype since I've not used it since 2011, and download Audacity to assist in recording, just in case Google hiccups too much.

I want to wait until we can get everyone that plans on being in the first one together to see if everything is good to go. Have you guys ever done this before(the podcast or what ever you call it)?

I want to wait until we can get everyone that plans on being in the first one together to see if everything is good to go. Have you guys ever done this before(the podcast or what ever you call it)?

A few times, yes. (I did one for GatherYourParty.com around the time that GTA V was released.) The hardest part is getting recordings from everyone involved, though Google Hangouts may be the best option there.

A few times, yes. (I did one for GatherYourParty.com around the time that GTA V was released.) The hardest part is getting recordings from everyone involved, though Google Hangouts may be the best option there.

I don't mean to sound dense but could you elaborate on the recording everyone part? Who all is included in this so far?

I don't mean to sound dense but could you elaborate on the recording everyone part? Who all is included in this so far?

When we were doing the GTA V podcast, each of us needed Audacity running and recording, and afterwards one of our guys compiled the files into the main podcast for posting on YouTube. Google Hangouts cuts out that need, if the streams I've seen with Sargon and many others are an indication.

And yep, still in.

Back