NMA's Skype Nighr Fallout discussion ideas.

Just for your information it is hard to get this community to get together and do things. So many people are on different time zones, the member count is low (REGISTER GUESTS!!!!), and I wager a lot of people are simply too shy to have a chat. There are other complications as well so this might be hard to get off the ground. That being said, I'll see if I can talk to a few of the Old Guard into participating.

yay, If you're interested yourself than sign up, dawg.

I'll be happy to do it if it's just communicating by text or written word...I don't really have a good microphone.

I agree.

If it helps, I've done these a few times and know what tools we'll need to get a recording. Headphones are a must to prevent echoing; Audacity can record directly from a user's mic, and I believe from an audio source like Google Hangouts, which also does recording to YouTube. May not be the best idea for a first run, but it would help to make sure everything is set up before the big show.

I agree.

If it helps, I've done these a few times and know what tools we'll need to get a recording. Headphones are a must to prevent echoing; Audacity can record directly from a user's mic, and I believe from an audio source like Google Hangouts, which also does recording to YouTube. May not be the best idea for a first run, but it would help to make sure everything is set up before the big show.

Well, If anyone is worried, I'll have some background footage of the game. Or i'll convert the media into .mp3 format to listen to and post it on the forums.

@Dr Fallout Get in here then you pleb.

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree.

Well, If anyone is worried, I'll have some background footage of the game. Or i'll convert the media into .mp3 format to listen to and post it on the forums.

I don't have... how can I say this... a skype account. What I don't use it!

I'd love to, but limitations...

I agree.

Skype accounts are free, although we could use Google Hangouts instead.

I agree.

Yeah, Google Hangouts, TeamSpeak. I got a lots of ways to communicate.

World of warcraft raid chat... what?

I agree.

Yeah, Google Hangouts, TeamSpeak. I got a lots of ways to communicate.

World of warcraft raid chat... what?

No... no... and no...

Come on DrFallout, if you are going to shot down all the options they are giving you at least bring up an alternative.

Come on DrFallout, if you are going to shot down all the options they are giving you at least bring up an alternative.

I know, I know... I don't like it either.

Let me see... something free... I might be able to do google hangouts, have to see bout that.

Does that mean you and Walpknut are doing this too? I just don't like listening to playback of my voice, just the way I am but i'll do it anyway if that's how we're doing it. :P

Does that mean you and Walpknut are doing this too? I just don't like listening to playback of my voice, just the way I am but i'll do it anyway if that's how we're doing it. :P

I sure want to, but I might not be able to do voice.
You don't have a mic?

No. I don't have skype.
Skype is free? I thought as I have a Skype account myself. TeamSpeak is as well.

I sure want to, but I might not be able to do voice.
You don't have a mic?

No. I don't have skype.
Skype is free? I thought as I have a Skype account myself. TeamSpeak is as well.

I still don't use them, can't be bothered.

One day left... Anyone want to try some test set-ups later tonight, say 11:00 p.m. or so? We can get the technical stuff out of the way then.

Back