No Man's Sky is a huge (marketing) success

I doubt anyone that reads your posts actually pre-ordered a copy.

No shit sherlock, who do you think you're talking to??
Another game down the drain.
I had high hopes for No Man's Sky.
Apparently, I'm talking to you. There was ZERO reason to have any sort of high hopes for this game and this kind of blindness among gaming consumers is a major reason why we keep getting lazy dumbed down shite like No Man's Sky and Fallout 4 being sold for $60 and $100 and selling millions of copies, making lazy developers rich.

Did you forget you were hyping this game up? - http://www.nma-fallout.com/threads/theres-a-lot-to-be-excited-about-right-now.205735/

I'm willing to bet most people who pre-ordered can't even name another game this developer made. The company has zero pedigree for making a game like No Man's Sky, but that doesn't matter because gamers are so desperate they will get excited over a 2 minute video of some idiotic looking procedurally generated dinosaur on a procedurally generated planet with a color filter.

The marketing team behind No Man's Sky deserves a medal for sure - they sold a game that didn't even exist and that nobody knew anything about. This game costs $60.

Last edited:
God, you suck at even being an elitist. Go back to reddit.
This is like the third thread in a row you've randomly and ineffectively tried to "call me out" in. Is there some argument I've had with you you're still fanny flustered over or something cause you be honest I don't remember you at all. Anyway I suggest you take it up with me in a PM or something and quit trying to derail multiple thread.

This is like the third thread in a row you've randomly and ineffectively tried to "call me out" in. Is there some argument I've had with you you're still fanny flustered over or something cause you be honest I don't remember you at all. Anyway I suggest you take it up with me in a PM or something and quit trying to derail multiple thread.

I was about to post the link and everything, to the thread (vatted by now) where you go on a flip-tables level rant against some noob for being a noob, which drowned the thread in what 20 pages of total derailment, followed by "lol"

but I then started to doubt if you'd "get it"

I was about to post the link and everything, to the thread (vatted by now) where you go on a flip-tables level rant against some noob for being a noob, which drowned the thread in what 20 pages of total derailment, followed by "lol"

Damn.

Well even though you're so shite at it I'm flattered that I'm important enough for you to waste so much time and energy on.

Apparently, I'm talking to you. There was ZERO reason to have any sort of high hopes for this game and this kind of blindness among gaming consumers is a major reason why we keep getting lazy dumbed down shite like No Man's Sky and Fallout 4 being sold for $60 and $100 and selling millions of copies, making lazy developers rich.

Did you forget you were hyping this game up? - http://www.nma-fallout.com/threads/theres-a-lot-to-be-excited-about-right-now.205735/

I'm willing to bet most people who pre-ordered can't even name another game this developer made. The company has zero pedigree for making a game like No Man's Sky, but that doesn't matter because gamers are so desperate they will get excited over a 2 minute video of some idiotic looking procedurally generated dinosaur on a procedurally generated planet with a color filter.

The marketing team behind No Man's Sky deserves a medal for sure - they sold a game that didn't even exist and that nobody knew anything about. This game costs $60.

"How dare you be optimistic for an interesting-looking game! I am obviously superior because I hate all video games!!"

Take it easy jeez

Will you two schmucks shut the fuck up? Seriously, I kinda don't want this thread vatted. It was a good discussion until you schmucks showed up and started arguing.

"How dare you be optimistic for an interesting-looking game! I am obviously superior because I hate all video games!!"

Take it easy jeez
LOL there's a difference between being optimistic and blindly buying into whatever marketing BS hype the marketing department has put out to generate pre-order sales.

I'm optimistic about games that are generally developed by people who have developed similar games in the past, or have history of making good games, and have actual gameplay to show rather than pretty screensavers with color filters.

LOL there's a difference between being optimistic and blindly buying into whatever marketing BS hype the marketing department has put out to generate pre-order sales.

I'm optimistic about games that are generally developed by people who have developed similar games in the past, or have history of making good games, and have actual gameplay to show rather than pretty screensavers with color filters.

Thank you.

Take it easy jeez
Most games are shit since the games market is filled with things like popamole, walking simulators, minecraft-like clones(like No Man's Sky). Decline all around with a few gems here and there. Besides I knew this game would suck and the developer was full of Molyneux-level bullshit since the first trailer. :monocle:

Last edited:
Most games are shit since the games market is filled with things like popamole, walking simulators, minecraft-like clones(like No Man's Sky). Decline all around with a few gems here and there. Besides I knew this game would suck and the developer was full of Molyneux-level bullshit since the first trailer. :monocle:

Congratulations, you're superior. :clap:

A pretender to Todd's throne?

I don't know I think he's giving Todd a run for his money, think about it, some pretty unknown developer that has only made a couple of games according to their Wikipedia now makes this Indy game with a small group of people parading around as a AAA title. They lie about its features, bork the PC version, lie about people at the last second about multiplayer, lied about creating their own engine, have surprisingly less content then that turd Fallout 4, and yet they're making tons of cash without being forced to take the heat unlike Todd and co. They really haven't done much if any damage control either from what I'm seeing, their fanboys are defending this procedural generated game and the lack of intelligent life or variation by saying "Well all I wanted to do was explore".

https://www.reddit.com/r/NoMansSkyT..._mans_sky_uses_modified_unity_not_home_built/
Uses a modified version of Unity apparently, hmm no wonder why it ran like shit on people's computers.

No Man's Sky is such a ridiculous grab money game. People are really stupid for gobbling up anything game companies say these days. What sells is hype now.
I went to GOG.com and Steam reviews and they are awful. The game doesn't even work for many people who bought it :scratch:.

Steam:
58% of 38,160 reviews are positive
http://store.steampowered.com/app/275850/
https://www.gog.com/forum/general/lets_share_our_no_mans_sky_adventures_8c95e/page1
https://www.gog.com/forum/general/lets_share_our_no_mans_sky_adventures_8c95e/page1
Also it appears someone already hacked the game files and it's checking them out. You know what?
PS: Big surprise, no mentions of Multiplayer could be found so far in any of the files or folders.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1263009
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1263009
When will people learn not to buy a product just from hype? We all know no game will ever be as awesome as they make it out to be (even actual awesome games are not as awesome as they make them out to be).
To be honest the people who bought it are only laying on the bed they made :aiee:.
Maybe a few more "Fallout 4", "Mighty No 9", "No Man's Sky", etc and people will finally learn. :shrug:

Back