No more VATS

And the tradeoff to Melee characters could be badass finishing moves like Skyrim. Decapitation with a shish-ka-bob please?

I would like more variety to unarmed moves, just like in FO2, bring back the Kicks, make new ones, maybe throw headbutts into the Mix, give them a trade off, maybe Headbutting a Helmeted enemy would cause you light damage, maybe risk crippling yourself etc.

I agree, Unarmed and Melee does not benefit from vats. They should also add Combat Styles for Unarmed. Punches, Kicks, Headbutts, Knees, Elbows and Grapples.

With Melee, they should make a few combos that have unique effects, for example blowing out somebodies knees with a super sledge and the bringing it down on their head!

I really never used VATS but to be honest if they cut it all together it make the agility stat useless as it stands. In the new games people only tend to pump agility to meet the requirements for certain perks or role playing purposes. Besides governing AP what does it do? Modify Sneak, Guns, reload/draw speed. That basically amounts to fuck all in practice. They really need to rework how they implement the SPECIAL system on the whole now that I think about it.

Also kind of off-topic but it always throws me off a bit now that agility is much less important when originally agility and intelligence were hands down the stats you wanted as high as possible as early as possible.

Can Bethesda make a change that drastic? The consensus (obviously, not among y'all) wouldn't dig that. It'd be nice to see an example of "bullet time" in Fallout.

person said:
Can Bethesda make a change that drastic? The consensus (obviously, not among y'all) wouldn't dig that. It'd be nice to see an example of "bullet time" in Fallout.
I don't mean to bash anyone but most people who buy video games these days don't particularly care about game mechanics on the level we're talking about. If they were to nix VATS and replace it with something else I seriously doubt it would hurt their sales.

Back