NPC Armor

Discussion in 'Fallout General Modding' started by fallout ranger, Aug 30, 2007.

1. Brydżkiper

Brydżkiper First time out of the vault

Jul 9, 2008
    Haha it sounds plain english to me;) Definetly comprehensible. Anyway, do I need to download whole 2.34 or there is NPC armor file already extracted somewhere and ready for download? :) + the control scripts for party members

2. MIB88

MIB88 So Old I'm Losing Radiation Signs
    Modder

Feb 22, 2005
    I'm glad it makes sense. And, yes, you would need to download the whole thing. I do not have a location for only those art files and those NPC scripts.

3. Brydżkiper

Jul 9, 2008
    I've encountered error near the end of the mod download :evil:

Went to kitchen for some stuff when I returned the download was aborted:P :crazy:

Gonna try it again, this time usin deafult windows sucky.

I was thinking to take the NPC modification files only. Is it remarked in any way? Remember the name of that data?

D'ya think those NPC changes will make me play the game from the beginning??

4. MIB88

Modder

Feb 22, 2005
    Of course, I have no idea what happened to your download. As for the scripts you'll want to replace, they are ecdogmet.int, dcvic.int, vccasdy.int, and kcsulik.int. Replacing those files won't hurt your game. They are just like the ones in 2.33, except that a few numbers are different to account for the new armor art.

5. deathkitty

deathkitty First time out of the vault

Jul 25, 2008
    this would be really cool i was surprised that nothing happened when i put a leather jacket on sulic etc, i actually removed and put on I thought it was bugged!

in the first game it did, but then again all the characters looked very generic

6. Brydżkiper

Jul 9, 2008
    Holy shit!

I copied the files u named MIB88 + dcvicgrd.int. ( thought might be useful)

Loaded the save in Redding, every member of my team was wearing Metal Armor. Hmm save loaded, no visual changes.
    So I ordered each of them to remove the armor their wearing and put them back on again.

Quess what happend? NPCs disappeard from the map!!! :((( Only Klint remained

WTF?!

7. MIB88

Modder

Feb 22, 2005
    You didn't add the art folder like I said to!

8. Brydżkiper

Jul 9, 2008
    You mean whole art folder??

9. MIB88

Modder

Feb 22, 2005
    Unless you happen to know what the new art files are (i.e. the diferences between the art folder of 2.33 and art folder of 2.34), then add the WHOLE art folder.

10. Hyrulian

Hyrulian First time out of the vault

Jul 29, 2008

Another cool thing would be if you could have the characters normal text/voice but, if they are in power armour, have the power armour talking head from the power armour guy in Gecko power plant video uplink.

I'm not sure if there is a generic un-advanced power armour talking head but definitely for advanced

but yeah, if a mod to show characters' armour like this comes out it will be awesome because well, who doesn't want a little army?

Power armour obviously would be the easiest for someone to do cos you wouldnt have to change the looks of the character no new art, but it would be cool also to see Lenny and such in different armours too, not just make them default character models but actually looking like they are wearing armour on their usual look

it would be cool if a game mod let you find power armour that mutants had converted too for Marcus, or a Skynet suggests finding some parts so he can build his own little power armour over itself after it observes how good they are :)

11. Brydżkiper

Jul 9, 2008
    hey MIB88 i tried what u said and its working!!

I`m still in Redding, so far so good. No crashes or anythin. Vic is lovely with that pregnancy belly;D I can even smell Sulik's feet from here;)

Huge thanks!

12. Jotisz

Jotisz Mildly Dipped

Aug 28, 2007
    Well I don't think that photoshop would be the best for this well at las in case of Skynet a new 3d model would sound a bit better or easier...

About the changeable talking heads I'm not sure if its possible though its a nice idea

13. Josan12

Josan12 Vault Senior Citizen

Oct 15, 2007
    Ok, i'm resurecting this thread with a start on Myron combat:

Comments, criticism welcome.

14. Prosper

Prosper Where'd That 6th Toe Come From?

Aug 25, 2007
    1 Question: How do you make stuff like that?

1 Answer: I like them, but the torso should move just a little maybe.

15. Wolfehunter

Wolfehunter First time out of the vault

Jun 30, 2008
    Is it possible to have miron get these shakes when hes high?

Everytime hes in battle he takes some kind of meds.

It would be funny to see these odd twitches here and there...

Just wondering if it can be done. :D

16. Dude101

Dude101 Vault Fossil
    Modder

Aug 3, 2005
    Not bad, I think Myron is paler than that though. He does look a little stiff, but I would rather you set your self achievable goals and finish him.

17. Jotisz

Jotisz Mildly Dipped

Aug 28, 2007
    Nice job

18. taag

taag Still Mildly Glowing

Aug 30, 2008
    Lose the helmet, I say.
    If you ever wore a military helmet, you would know that scratching it would be stupid because you don't feel a thing. Other than that, good job

19. MIB88

Modder

Feb 22, 2005
    Or, maybe just remove the frames where his hands are on top of the helmet... stop just before it gets there and maybe hold it. It would look like a mock salute... just the kind of thing the smart-ass Myron would do.

20. BarbedBubble

BarbedBubble First time out of the vault

Sep 19, 2008
    It does look neat. It almost looks like vic when he does it. I would take his helmet away as well.