NW European Heatwave '06

I know. We just had a heat wave end over here (upper 90's). Parts of Los Angeles hit 119 degrees (48 Celsius) :shock:

Now I know why the people in the middle east are so pissed off all the time.

Don't you people have air conditioners in Europe? I set the mechanism for 64 degree Fahrenheit (17.77...degrees Centigrade) and I be downright cold even though it's over 100 outside.

Oh, I'm glad to hear that I'm not the only fuck who has to deal with these extreme temperatures. The weather is killing me. And there's no airco in my office building, all we get is a free bottle of water. Sheesh. Talk about medieval situations. Luckily for me, I've still got two reefers stashed away here. I'll be smoking one of those this afternoon, I tend to get cooler as long as I'm mellow.

Air condition is nice... if you have private nuclear reactor. Even here in Australia they prefer roof mounted fans. Cheaper. But a little bit less efficient.

Anyway... stop whining! Imagine how the vault dweller must have felt!

Lord 342 said:
Don't you people have air conditioners in Europe? I set the mechanism for 64 degree Fahrenheit (17.77...degrees Centigrade) and I be downright cold even though it's over 100 outside.
No, we don't have air-condition. Most of us prefer not to spend tons of money on something we'd use for only a small part of the year.
Remember that these are not normal temperatures here.

Vox said:
Air condition is nice... if you have private nuclear reactor. Even here in Australia they prefer roof mounted fans. Cheaper. But a little bit less efficient.

Anyway... stop whining! Imagine how the vault dweller must have felt!

Damn those roof mounted fans, they don't do anything. I mean air co is great, especially at my work, where there are about 1 gazzilion computers on 24/7, not to mention different servers and shite... Even now, the middle of winter, it can reach 30 degrees without the air con on...

Sunpowered aircon rulez actually! U beat the heat with its own weapons!

Sun was hit for 1457 hit points!

DirtyDreamDesigner said:
I love it when it's hot, at least 32°C. I wish it could be like that the whole year round.

Agreed. It absolutely kicks arse when the temperature is like that, it's not too hot, but it ain't too cold...

Too bad here in Aus, we either get very cold or very hot temps, no "happy medium" here.

In Queensland the winters are like 20° C, cold nights.

Summers are 40°C with a humidity... man... you can SWIM around in the air!

Hah, Sydney is a little different in Summer, although the humidity can get quite high at times.

Too bad our winters (in places) can reach -5 degrees :P

Sander said:
Lord 342 said:
No, we don't have air-condition. Most of us prefer not to spend tons of money on something we'd use for only a small part of the year.
Remember that these are not normal temperatures here.
having an airco for the 1, max 2 months of warm weather is moronic at best.

northern & middle europe doesnt need it & southern europe has houses which are built to withstand heat anyway. hence they remain cool.

anyhow, i can see the use of a airco in a workingplace, but at home? i doubt i'd ever buy one even if it was cheapass. not to mention airconditioning systems polute heavily & use up a lot of energy. global warming & all, ya know. it's one of the things i can surely live without.

I can't stand it to be more than 25°C or I'm just boiling. I guess I'm used to cold climates.

Hidin' in my basement all day long sleeping is how I spend my summer. I only like to go out during night.

Here in Greece, where we usually get 35-40 degrees Celsius this time of year, so far it has to be the coolest Summer I can remember. At the moment it's about 29-30 degrees outside, and with a simple air fan in my room things are very pleasant.

It's been 40 degrees celsius for a few weeks here. If I want to do anything outside I have to do it before 9 am or I'm pretty much toasted. I hate this heat.

Maybe having a building Air Conditioner is silly in Europe, but why not spend what I'd assume is about 100 Euros or less (an average price over here) for a small window air conditioner so you can at least sleep in comfort?

Back