Old World Blues possibly coming in May?

WorstUsernameEver

But best title ever!
A user on the Bethesda forums reports that on the latest issue of the Playstation magazine is featured a preview on next month's "Qore", the online mag you can buy and download on PSN. The preview includes a teaser for Fallout: New Vegas' DLC "Old World Blues" with the subtitle mentioning "Are you the scientist or the guinea pig?".

As long as the information is correct, and considering the next "Qore" episode comes out on 3rd May, that would likely place the release date of the DLC sometimes next month.

It's unclear what this means about the DLC order at this point, and whether this means that Old World Blues will be the second DLC and not Honest Hearts as previously speculated.

Thanks The Vault.

How random. I wonder if Obsidian had its usual development cycle problems...

Regardless, we'll know soon enough if this is true. If it is coming next month an announcement can't be far away.

I'm surprised it's taken so long to get any info on the DLC. I thought they'd have a steady stream as they did with Fallout 3. Hopefully it'll be a busy summer.

I like it more if they work longer on it and then provide bigger DLCs.

Obsidian is probably a bit swamped. They're not that big, and have at least four consecutive projects of different sizes running.

I'm guessing the patch will be released at the same time as the DLC.

It'd be interesting to see what's going on with the development. Either it is Obsidian having the dev problems (still, Dead Money came out fast enough) or maybe the release plan is to have these upcoming DLCs released on a tighter schedule, and thus they have all been in production.

Either way, looking forward to seeing what they're gonna be like. I enjoyed Dead Money quite a bit.

Brother None said:
Obsidian is probably a bit swamped. They're not that big, and have at least four consecutive projects of different sizes running.

Not only that, but there's some evidence (mostly LinkedIn profiles and artists' websites) that pointed out to all the DLC being in the works pretty much simultaneously that has been posted on the Obsidian forums. Sounds a bit of a mess to me, but I'm no developer.

So we get to visit the Big Mt before New Canaan? nice, I think it makes mroe sense, it follows more on the hints given at teh end of Dead Money, Old World Blues will probably give hints about Graham and New Canaan. I hope it coumes out in May and not earlier, I will already be in vacations so I can play it without post procastination stress.

A propos New Vegas DLCs; Polish players can finally buy Dead Money on Steam. It was published more than 40 days after international release (even though it's not translated) but it still is quite an improvement because for Fallout 3 DLCs we had to wait until Game of the Year edition.

Can it be purchased for the 1C/Cenega edition now? Or just for the Bethesda edition via Steam?

This is one of the reasons I never buy 1C products - they blow both in localization and support.

Ausir said:
Can it be purchased for the 1C/Cenega edition now? Or just for the Bethesda edition via Steam?
I don't know. Cenega doesn't even inform about the release on their web page, so there's high chance it won't work with their version.

Looking forward to this one over Lonely Hearts. I liked how it was hinted in during Dead Money.

Hey, it's the third may in germany. When will be the release of that new Qore episode (in america? england?)?

What about that Lonesome Road promotional pic? And the fact that the trophies for Lonesome Road have been released on PS3? Doesn't make sense to me....

Seriously.

How fucking disorganized can these two companies possibly be? Honest Heart achievements on steam for the past week but we don't even have a goddamn trailer for it? What the shit?

TwinkieGorilla said:
How fucking disorganized can these two companies possibly be? Honest Heart achievements on steam for the past week but we don't even have a goddamn trailer for it? What the shit?

Don't forget it's been gold since early April.

Wonder if it'll still be buggy.

Back