Fallout 2 mod Olympus 2207 (english translation)

Sort of milestone here - one fully translated location.
That doesn't mean it's the only one translated; that means I finally understood how to separate dialogue files from different locations one from other, and can do proper in-game testing while translating.

Anyway, back to the topic: the Sunset Jackals are done and playable. There were lots of swearing (because they are raiders), a guy who shouts all the time (because he's raider AND an asshole), the guy who is literally able to piss on you while you lay in mud beaten up (because I don't even know) and other "fun" stuff. Spoilers, I suppose.

Aaaand the translation is past 50% of dialogues. Nice, huh?

upload_2021-2-13_15-59-50.png

By the way, the translation is prone to errors, so point them out if you see them.

Screenshots:

upload_2021-2-13_16-29-40.png

upload_2021-2-13_16-31-10.png

Last edited:
Gecko reporting.

upload_2021-3-5_23-25-21.png

I thought I could try something new, so I slapped together a little video about the progress. SORRY ABOUT THAT.

Last edited:
ESP2r_bUUAAcgTs.jpg

I feel kinda bad for the translation project hidden in Iron Tower Studio's Russian forum. I haven't checked it these days, but the last time I did I think they completely stopped progressing or just went MIA altogether.

Anyway, cheers, mate! Here's a salute to your endeavor
salute.gif
seems like @ramblelime will have to prepare yet another Fallout 2 TC mod video :drunk:

ESP2r_bUUAAcgTs.jpg

I feel kinda bad for the translation project hidden in Iron Tower Studio's Russian forum. I haven't checked it these days, but the last time I did I think they completely stopped progressing or just went MIA altogether.

Anyway, cheers, mate! Here's a salute to your endeavor
salute.gif

I will do my best! Thank you for your support!

I have no idea why this thread is not bumped when I post here.

Anyway, status report.

Go play Fallout Sonora, it's out.

Last edited:
Great job. You are almost faster than Google Translator :postviper:

Your thread is on the top just below all those sticky posts...

Hi Keyboard Gecko, you restore my lost faith in humanity! this looks awesome and glad you got in touch with the devs, if you need help with graphics I can provide some assistance :-) not good with Russian but "every little bit helps", can't wait for the release :-)

Hi Keyboard Gecko, you restore my lost faith in humanity! this looks awesome and glad you got in touch with the devs, if you need help with graphics I can provide some assistance :-) not good with Russian but "every little bit helps", can't wait for the release :-)
Thanks! I'm obsessed with finishing this stuff, so wait for the news :-)

Back