Fallout 2 mod Party Orders add-on and NPCs Loot Bodies mod

pelicano

It Wandered In From the Wastes
Modder
These are two mods for Fallout 2 which I've been working in the last weeks and now they should be more or less playable.

Party Orders add-on: Allows the use of hotkeys to give general orders to the party. It's a sfall mod which uses a global script as main file and one ini file. Some settings can be configured through this ini file. It does not work in combat mode, obviously. These are the orders currently implemented:

- Heal yourself (F): injured party members try to heal using first aid/doctor skill or stimpaks.

- (NPC)Loot dead bodies (G): This will make one party member to try and loot corpses around him/her and the PC.

- Holster weapons (H): Armed party members will put their weapons away.

- Regroup (R): Party members will regroup near the PC if they are away from him/her more than 3 tile hexes.

- Pick up items (T): The dude PC will pick up any item on the ground in a 3 hex radius. PC auto-loot option must be OFF (0 key).

- (NEW v1.0d) (PC)Loot bodies (T): The dude PC will loot automatically nearby corpses, just like the (G) order for NPCs. PC auto-loot option must be ON (0 key).

- (NEW v1.0d) Scatter (X): Party members close to the PC will run 4-6 hexes away.

Basically these options were the ones I found I needed the most or I wanted to try them out in a party. I've tried to make the mod as open and compatible as possible.

In the readme file can be found more details about how it works and its limitations/known issues.

Download Last version: Party Orders add-on v1.0d

Older versions:
v1.0c
v1.0b

NPCs Loot Bodies mod: A mod that makes NPCs (not party members) loot nearby bodies, if they happen to see some corpse to loot. It's a sfall mod consisting of two global scripts. Each of these scripts makes one NPC to loot bodies each time. With the two scripts, two NPCs will try to loot at the same time, as long as there are enough bodies to share, heh.

For more information about details, flaws, ... check out the readme file.

- NPCs Loot Bodies Download -

Both of them should be compatible with any mod out there but, honestly, I tested them only with killap's unofficial patch installed (and not a full walkthrough).

The source code is provided for both mods if anyone want to mess with them and implement/modify/destroy whatever.

They require sfall v2.0 or newer version to work. I don't think the NPCs Loot Bodies mod really require v2.0 to work or compile correctly but better be safe than sorry. Now sfall can be found under sourceforge.net, here.

Because they require sfall v2.0 I guess these mods only work for windows 2000/xp/vista/7 and the US version of Fallout 2 v1.02

Suggestions, ideas, bugs, issues, corrections, flaws, flames, ... are welcome.

Hi pelicano,

I like your mods. Especially NPCs Loot Bodies mod. I thing this one will add more realism into Fo2. Good job with Party Orders as well. I will test your mods in next few weeks :clap:

+PipManiaC+ said:
hey is this compatible with critter armor mod(lidk the exact name)?

What is this critter armor mod? I'd say it's most likely compatible as these mods don't really change anything, only add, but I can't be fully sure without knowing the mod involved.

Dude101 said:

Both mods should be compatible with the above mod. The only issue I can imagine is that, as I understand, the Critter Armor Addon creates a suit of armor out of dead critters that depends on the player skills and some other variables. The NPCs Loot Bodies mod would make nearby NPCs loot these newly created armors from those dead critters. It's not a big deal, in my opinion.

Dude101 said:
Also, if you get a chance can you add you mods to the wiki, and under mod compatibility of the RP:

http://falloutmods.wikia.com/wiki/F2RP_Technical_Info#Mod_Compatibility

I fear I'm not much into the wiki "thing" but if somebody wants to add them, I'll be very grateful.

Note: I forgot to mention that there is leftover code from testing purposes in the Party Orders Addon. If you press the "0" key (zero) from the keyboard, the PC will automatically pick up any nearby item found in the ground, if s/he is able.

Oh and Dude101 and JaW, thanks for the kind words.

No but it's not needed. When the combat starts NPCs involved already equip the best weapon in their inventories, according to their combat settings (I guess). It's best that way, and it looks as if this maneuver didn't cost them any action point in combat.

Can you make it possible to command (or actually, control) NPCs during combat? Change their combat settings (thus partly commanding them) during combat? At least make them heal?

If you are interested in controlling NPCs Timeslip made a pretty neat option for that in the last sfall versions.

I have no idea where the combat settings are stored for an NPC, how to access them or if it's even possible to change them through a script.

About healing in combat.. that might be a good idea. But NPCs wouldn't play any animation and it'd be a free action for them, i.e. no action points cost.

Made a quick update for the Party Orders add-on.

Now it's possible to order injuried party members to heal while in combat mode. Only one order per turn and they will only use super stimpaks (if heavily wounded) or regular stimpaks.

pelicano said:
Made a quick update for the Party Orders add-on.

Now it's possible to order injuried party members to heal while in combat mode. Only one order per turn and they will only use super stimpaks (if heavily wounded) or regular stimpaks.
good job, pelicano :clap:

wow this all sound amazing!

When Killaps mod is done I'm probably start another playtrough again. Hope these 2 mods will work together.

Another (very minor) update for Party Orders Add-on (v1.0b):

As per JaW's request now every text used is found in the ini file. Now a full translation of the add-on is possible.

Speaking of which, JaW made the translation of the previous version (1.0a) of the addon for the Czech Restoration Project, here, as probably czech fans know.

I'm sure the translation of the current version will be up in no time.

Thanks for the effort JaW!

Nice idea, I didn't read through the whole thread so I apologize if this has been said before, but I think it would be great if you could include:

1."GTFO" command, for situations when you find your way blocked by 3 party members and have to "push" every single one of them for gazillion hexes..

2. "Stay here" command, which would basically instruct all members to leave your party, useful for places like NCR. And maybe a command to get them all back again?

Just my 2c.
Cheers. :wink:

egamad said:
1."GTFO" command, for situations when you find your way blocked by 3 party members and have to "push" every single one of them for gazillion hexes..

I thought about this at first but I didn't know how to do it reliable enough. I can calculate hexes and the right direction away from the PC but I don't know if that hex is blocked or not. And more important, if the new distance "conflicts" with the follow distance set for the npc, this order wouldn't do anything as the npc will try to get into range as soon as he is too far away, cluttering everything again.

The solution I came up with was the Regroup order. You set the follow distance for the npcs to follow at medium/far distance so they have much room to wander, and when you need them for some reason (fight, speak, inventory management, ...) you use the regroup order.

The regroup order is not infallible but it's a better solution, in my opinion. I fear fallout pathfinding is not exactly brilliant and can cause weird situations.

2. "Stay here" command, which would basically instruct all members to leave your party, useful for places like NCR. And maybe a command to get them all back again?

The problem with leaving the party behind is that everytime you tell a party member to stay, a local variable is set in their own script. I cannot modify this local variable from the global script so, for the moment, is not possible. I asked Timeslip for that option here so maybe in the future this order can be implemented properly.

Mr.Wolna said:
this mods are compatible with RP (didn't i asked this tines ago? ^^ )

If this is a question, the answer would be Yes, both mods are compatible with the RP.

hm. it is not a promise, but maybe i will it translate it into German. first i must find time to test it, but it sounds really cool.

Mr.Wolna said:
hm. it is not a promise, but maybe i will it translate it into German. first i must find time to test it, but it sounds really cool.
It takes 10 minutes to translate it hehe :lol:

Back