Fallout 2 mod Party Orders add-on and NPCs Loot Bodies mod

Wanted to try this out for some time, but I got a question - does it work with savegames from RP 2.0d? I'd hate to have to start all over again.

great work pelicano, I really love the mod! as for more ideas...I probably have some impossible ones :P

Giving orders to the party to atack a critter whenever in combat or outside combat.

Inside combat:
I remember encountering a party super mutants with one carring a rocker lancher. I was hoping to kill him first but my party had other plans.
So What I would like to see is when it's your turn that you could select a critter to kill first so your party will focus on him.

Outside combat.
send in your party to trigger the atack(mode) instead of doing it yourself. Nice feature for the non-combat character to avoid active battles.

You think it's doable? I guess not, but I'm clueless on what is possible and what not. Anyways if possible would it somehow break the gameplay?

Fixing to add this to my install and give it a whirl, but...

Oracle said:
Inside combat:...
I love the idea; it solves a problem I've long had with Fallout 2. Can't comment about the possibility, though.
Oracle said:
Outside combat...
I kind of like the sound of that for a charismatic party leader-type character, and if it's possible it wouldn't really break the gameplay because party members aren't that powerful; a combat PC will always be more devastating than even the better party members.

I'll have more useful input tomorrow after I've actually checked out the mod. x_X

Edit: Lol, simultaneous post.

Is it true that by this option, your NPCs don't use up any action points to heal themselves? If yes, I don't think it's correct.

Outside of combat, healing with skill should be first priority. Nobody wants his NPCs wasting stimpaks. Well, at least I don't.

Can you expand this mode and include stuff such as choosing the target for your NPCs? And choosing their aimed attacks? Almost like controlling them.

Oracle said:
Inside combat:

Well, there is a sfall hook script to force NPCs to change targets. Never tried it before. I'll look at that but don't hold your breath. Certainly it would be a cool feature.

Oracle said:
Outside combat

I can't make your companions trigger combat because most (if not all) critters are scripted to react when the PC is seen.

Blackened said:
Is it true that by this option, your NPCs don't use up any action points to heal themselves? If yes, I don't think it's correct.

That's right. I can't do much about it, wish I could. At least it's only once per turn and nobody forces you to do it. Maybe I could make the PC use up 2 or 3 APs to give the healing command in combat? Not sure if that even can be done..

Blackened said:
Outside of combat, healing with skill should be first priority. Nobody wants his NPCs wasting stimpaks. Well, at least I don't.

To be honest, healing using skills is something I made up for NPCs. I don't really remember why I did it. It's kind of a cheat by itself, considering it's not in the game.

I've checked the script (didn't remember) and they use:

- A super stimpak if they are hurt by 60 hit points or more.
- If they have 75% of HP or less, they try to use the healing skills.
- At last, they use a stimpak, if every thing above is false.

These settings are debatable.

Hey, great job with these mods! There's some very useful functionality added by them. :ok:

While users can easily just download them from here, I might just make them an option in the RP installer.

pelicano said:
Oracle said:
Inside combat:

Well, there is a sfall hook script to force NPCs to change targets. Never tried it before. I'll look at that but don't hold your breath. Certainly it would be a cool feature.

Oracle said:
Outside combat

I can't make your companions trigger combat because most (if not all) critters are scripted to react when the PC is seen.

There same one scripted event from FO1 were some assasin tried to kill Killian darkwater. Could that be of any use prehaps? Also isn't it able to clone the reaction to the PC to your followers or something like that?
Well if you say it isn't possible, Ill trust ya :).

Congratz on making the first page. your work deserves it!

i love this mod as for a suggestion is there a way to make them all "wait"

even if its the regular "wait here till i come back" that would be sweet.

man i cant believe how much better these games are 11 years after. Playing it i feel like a kid again!

Glad you love it.

I fear I can't make them wait. That's a local variable change, which I don't have access to.

By the way, I'm (kind of) working on a targetting system. You flip through potential targets, mark one and then your companions will try to kill it in combat mode. Still WIP but I'm positive I won't run into stopping problems (hopefully).

this is a nice mod, forget to install it when I first started to play RP 2.1, and will add it, and glad it works with RP as well, would be nice if this was added to the RP installer if possible, a very good addition to a great game and RP :D

Good to know it works in RP 2.1. I do still plan on adding it to the extras section of the installer for the RP. While I don't plan on adding every single thing to the installer, these additions are quite good and actually make the game experience better.

this one is sure is useful, makes having NPC a whole lot better, especially asking them to pickup stuff and other very7 useful NPC commands, so yeah would be nice if it was added, :D

Wanted to let you guys know that there is a problem with issuing loot commands in New Reno (the Desperado). Basically, after about 5 seconds, the game will crash. This was with Fallout trilogy Fallout 2 and F2RP 2.o. e

Ugh, that's bad. Could you upload somewhere a savegame or two with the bug? Just before the crash. And what are exactly your RP installation options, etc... Have this happened to you only in that map and in that situation?

Not sure what could be the problem. Weird pathfinding? Illegal animation?

Back