PC Gamer on Fallout

Discussion in 'NMA News and Information' started by Brother None, May 9, 2007.

1. Briosafreak

Briosafreak Lived Through the Heat Death

Dec 18, 2003
    Re: FZ!

You've know them from Pittsburgh, I suppose? Many believed you, there are things that he says that I disagree, but I've done enough research on him to know he's O.K. . Still I won't show the pics of one of his hobbies because many would jump on the chance to have a laugh at his expense :wink: .

Caponi is cool, already bought DMZ following his advice, but just like Fred we're bound to have some strongly different views in the future. Yet they are O.K., don't worry.

A great number of people here doesn't take reviews very seriously though, don't be a noob :)

2. Sorrow

Sorrow So Old I'm Losing Radiation Signs

Feb 9, 2006
    I stopped believing game magazines after they started praising Baldur's Gate, the game that buried the great chance for RPG genre that was following the path of Fallout as a saviour of RPG genre.

3. Claw

Claw Where'd That 6th Toe Come From?

Jan 18, 2004
    Because they are teh profeshunals.

4. Harahvaiti

Harahvaiti It Wandered In From the Wastes

May 4, 2007
    bg is a decent game in my opinion, but has some negative aspects, like the linear and unoriginal story line, the limitation u decision making, char development, etc...
    i would say its just a game for younger audience...

5. Sorrow

Feb 9, 2006
    It had a nice atmosphere and some likable characters...
    And FR.

As for the negative aspects I would add lack of stat-checks in dialogs, infantile dialog options of the PC, manual that describes a lot things that aren't in game, depleted AD&D, etc.

Not a tragic game but not good enough to be treated as a saviour of RPG and a good example to follow.

I wouldn't call it a game for a younger audience - it's 15+ or something.

6. taxacaria

taxacaria It Wandered In From the Wastes

Dec 18, 2005
    I can't see what's wrong with that. I wonder what this guy has expected in an official forum without any basic game informations. We love you for showing us nothing, Bethesda?
    A game with no elves inside is an indicator for a Fallout game, I assume. Fortunately the hype chorus of certain game magazines uses to give Bethesda more than enough chances, ratings and rewards, so poor Bethesda isn't in need of additional chances given by some old fans. Trust can't be demanded, it is to earn. And here Bethesda has a deficit.

7. Ausir

Ausir Venerable Relic of the Wastes

Apr 20, 2003
    You call Forgotten Realms a *good* point?

8. nospaces

nospaces First time out of the vault

May 7, 2006
    pc accelerator was the only good gaming mag, and thats why they pulled the plug on it

9. Stag

Stag Guest

I've always liked PC Gamer. However, I read the US edition, and as far as I can tell, that guy is a Brit (as well as the possessor of a single digit IQ.)

10. Muff

Muff Water Chip? Been There, Done That

May 5, 2006
    Yep sorry forgot to say that it was the UK edition I don't know how much of a difference in the two there are.

11. Sorrow

Feb 9, 2006
    Yes. It's a pretty good generic fantasy world. Or rather would be if they would allow more mature content.

12. Turtlelove

Turtlelove First time out of the vault

Mar 4, 2007
    I just want to know the nature of Fallout 3's gameplay style.

RPG... or real time.

That's it, not much to ask, but again, those 25 days aren't coming any quicker.

13. AssassinEdge187

AssassinEdge187 First time out of the vault

Dec 10, 2003
    Oddly I have PC Gamer June 2007 and page 23 is "The Ultimate Starter guide" for Lords of the Rings online. I could not find anything about fallout in my mag ...

14. The Dutch Ghost

The Dutch Ghost Grouchy old man of NMA Moderator

Jan 11, 2004
    As said earlier, you probably have the US edition which is different from the UK one.