PC Systems Requirements

Discussion in 'NMA News and Information' started by Kilus, Oct 9, 2015.

1. Kilus

Kilus Not Australian Orderite

May 3, 2003
    Bethesda has released details about Fallout 4's release. Of note are the system requirements for PC:
    And language support.

https://bethesda.net/#en/events/gam...allout-4-important-release-info/2015/10/08/35

2. PossibleCabbage

PossibleCabbage Vault 22 Survivor

Jul 2, 2015
    I'm probably going to play this someday and I seriously need to update. Anybody have strong feelings on the i7 4790 vs. the FX-9590 and the GTX 780 vs. the R9 290X? It's been a long time since I've been up to date on parts, I just know that Intel is generally overpriced.

3. TorontoReign

TorontoReign Guest

Same. I won't be able to play this on PC it seems. Not really in a big rush to upgrade either since I just bought a PS4. Not that I'm in a big hurry to play it, but at some point I need to do a LP. Might need to make another PC upgrade thread.

4. generalissimofurioso

generalissimofurioso The Hole Time Orderite

Jun 17, 2007
    I have a 560Ti, might be the excuse to upgrade though.

One of us has to.

5. Mr Fish

Mr Fish Slippy sloppy, The

Sep 11, 2010
    I did the uh, system requirement lab test and the only one for recommended that I failed at was this one:

[TABLE="class: details-table"]
    <tbody style="cursor: auto;">[TR]
    [TD]Recommended: Intel Core i7 4790 3.6 GHz/AMD FX-9590 4.7 GHz or equivalent[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD="class: you-have-text"]You Have: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4460 CPU @ 3.20GHz[TABLE]
    <tbody style="cursor: auto;">[TR]
    [TD][/TD]
    [TD]Click here for the latest CPU drivers.[/TD]
    [/TR]
    </tbody>[/TABLE]
    [/TD]
    [/TR]
    </tbody>[/TABLE]

How much of an issue would this be for me if I were to run it at recommended? (I'm like a stereotypical blond girl when it comes to computers)

6. TorontoReign

TorontoReign Guest

If you run at recommended despite not meeting the requirements you can expect a lot of lag issues among other things.

7. Practicat

Practicat Where'd That 6th Toe Come From?

Aug 25, 2014
    The switch to required 64-bit OS, allowing for above 4GB memory usage, should massively benefit the size and detail of the environments. The 32 bit constraint of Gamebryo for FO3 and FONV undoubtedly limited the potential of conveying the setting. I'm actually proud of Bethesda for this. But I abhor their character system for the game more than I am proud.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2015
  8. raynor009

raynor009 Yeehaw!?!

Apr 29, 2012
    I upgraded yesterday from an amd A8 5600k APU cpu to an i7 4790k the difference is from sky to earth. Now about the Fallout 4's requirements. I think they are wayyyyy to high for how the game looks like. I mean look at Witcher 3 graphics you can't even compare the two. Looks like Bethe$da did a shoddy work on optimizations. I really wonder how it will run and look for people on consoles if the PC requirements are that high. I was really surprised when I saw them, I was expecting an i5 as CPU and maybe a GTX 750 or smth like that for recommended. This actually puts me off even more as I have to spend another 500$ on ram and new graphics card.

It's like with every game that comes out you need new hardware, like if the devs were going hand in hand with the hardware manufactures plotting to milk us for money.(conspiracy theory yo)

Last edited: Oct 9, 2015
  9. FearMonkey

FearMonkey Vault Senior Citizen

Oct 12, 2011
    I meet all the Recommended except for RAM. I also don't meet the Minimum for RAM. lol >_>

10. TransgenderVaultDeweller

TransgenderVaultDeweller "Fallout 4 adds to the lore"

Aug 14, 2015
    I didn't expect it to actually be this high. Though, I'm good. 4790k 4.4ghz and 970 keep the bad fps away. Unless you're playing dayz standalone in which you get fucked by Dean Hall.

11. raynor009

raynor009 Yeehaw!?!

Apr 29, 2012
    Actually I played some DayZ SA yesterday, I was in Berezino and I had about 35-40 fps constantly.

12. TransgenderVaultDeweller

Aug 14, 2015
    It dips quite frequently and Elektro is the worst offender.

13. raynor009

raynor009 Yeehaw!?!

Apr 29, 2012
    Yeah... I haven't gone to Elektro since I got the new CPU. I met with a friend and went straight to the NWAF. Anyway enough off-topic:wiggle:

14. Walpknut

Walpknut This ghoul has seen it all

Dec 30, 2010
    Meh, can run it without problem. Too bad I ain't buyin' it.

15. TransgenderVaultDeweller

Aug 14, 2015
    Shit ton of guest reading this. 30. Lol. Offtopic, But i just noticed it.

Anyways, Graphically speaking. My only complaints was this gore shot that made the chunks of meat have terrible texture. Though, I think the gameplay might be the same old shoot them up. Not really bad not really good. Just kind of bearable.

16. Chromevod

Chromevod Nope.

May 25, 2011
    Well, I'm set. I'd better be considering the money I dumped into this sucker.

17. MercenarySnake

MercenarySnake Kept you waiting huh?

Aug 22, 2015
    Well I can max it but i'm not buying it, I wonder why the high system requirements as I doubt the game will look that good especially after seeing how bland it looked in the trailers.

18. Serifan

Serifan Orderite Orderite

Aug 3, 2006
    Well fuck. Looks like I'm going to be upgrading sooner than I thought. I was going to hold out till next year for the new HBM Nvidia cards, couple of 970s will have to do.

19. AgentBJ09

AgentBJ09 Vault Dweller

Jul 9, 2015
    Let's see...

64 bit OS required? That's good, I guess, though we'll see if that change does anything to curb optimization and patch mods from being necessary.

CPU power...seems about right for that kind of game, and looks like I was close with my 6 GIGs of RAM guess.

30 GB of space? Whew. Much less than Titanfall, but still, hope less than 70% of that is for graphical assets.

Video card...an upgrade is looking very necessary now. (Currently using an AMD Radeon HD 6670.)

20. seriolover

seriolover First time out of the vault

Sep 30, 2015
    If there just would be a way to downgrade graphics that much that a directx 10 card could run it.... you know gameplay over graphics