PC Systems Requirements

Yeah.. I am calling bullshit on these. Assuming this will be like a modified Creation Engine, these specs are too high.

But still, my GPU is a tiny bit too weak for this. Either too high specs or not. I will be able to run it though. I mean, I did play Metro 2033R/LLR both at like 2.5 FPS just because it looked good. [the only issue was script lag.. the game isn't meant to run at a FPS that low. so sometimes, you'd fall through buildings and stuff. with my experience in a fully modded Skyrim, this isn't a big problem for F4]

Last edited:
That's because you can't, your eyes are only capable of really making a difference between images that are less than 30 frames per second really. It is a biological limitation.

That's nonsense, there is no know upper bound to the amount of frames per second the human eye can differentiate between (you can probably make 'blind tests' between 1000fps and 2000fps and people will still tell the difference). The difference between 30fps and 60fps is an extra 0,016 second in-between every frame that's enough for the eye to even move 15º while still accurately focusing on images (max human eye movement speed = 900º per sec). If you are used to 60 fps and you go watch a movie all movement feels weird and sped up until your eyes adapt back to that specific frame rate (it's the same impression you get when you are used to modern movies and you go watch a very old movie that was projected at 12fps).

No it isnt, maybe I was not accurate enough. A difference between 30 and 60 might be noticeable, I will not rule out that possibility, but anything higher than 60? Maybe if you're a trained jet pilot, it is said that they can spot 1/255th of a frame, but I am not sure if that can be so easily related to playing a video game or watching a movie.

What it comes down to is the refresh rate of your monitor and the scene in question, having 200 FPS on a 60 Hz Monitor will make absolutely zero difference. Don't forget! We are talking about averages here as well. What is equally important is a smoth flow, if you have many lags and micro-stuttering things change. But we are not talking about those.

There simply is a biological limitation at which point your mind simply can not tell the difference anymore in fluid images. For some higher, for some lower. But it is there. Technically speaking your eye can "see" a single photon, but that doesn't mean your nervous system will respond to it every time.

I hope that clears it up. Using "purely" FPS here is missleading. Always higher FPS has not to end up with better quality and can be just as missleading like to only use pixel-dimensions to determine the quality of a camera. I might not get everything correctly, I am not a pro. But all I am trying to say is, there are more factors than just FPS, as it is only a part of the equation.

Last edited:
will a m14x still be enough to play this on the utmost minimum settings?
It plays GTA V on lowest setting.

Intel core i7 -2720QM @ 2,20GHz
geforce gt 555m 3g
8gb RAM

Gonna replace my 360 for an Xbox One soon. Fuck faffing around with my PC again.

I would honestly recommend waiting to find out how restrictive Bethesda's modding policy is on consoles. Since your only source of mods on the PS4/Xbone will be Bethnet, they might not allow some of the mods you might want to use (such as ones that intend to fix some of Bethesda's worse design decisions.)

Gonna replace my 360 for an Xbox One soon. Fuck faffing around with my PC again.

I would honestly recommend waiting to find out how restrictive Bethesda's modding policy is on consoles. Since your only source of mods on the PS4/Xbone will be Bethnet, they might not allow some of the mods you might want to use (such as ones that intend to fix some of Bethesda's worse design decisions.)

Not too bothered about mods to be honest, even if it will fix Bethesda's flaws :3

Aren't you just...unplugging one card and slapping in a new one? Or even just slapping a new one into an empty slot? Never seemed hard, playing Legos with tech :P.

Yeah but the Xbox will last for a while and is cheap (compared to upgrading a card)

I've been meaning to upgrade to next-gen for a while anyway; for the longest time I was gonna get a PS4 but since the recent backwards compatibility announcement its a no-brainer for me to get the xbox.

I honestly cannot tell the difference between 30 fps and 60 fps.

Probably because I am the oldz.

What's the refreshrate of your monitor? Because if it's 30hz it makes sense that you can't tell any difference since it won't matter how many frames your PC can get, your monitor would only display 30fps. If it's 60hz, see if you can tell he difference from these links:

http://www.30vs60fps.com/

http://30vs60.com/

A difference between 30 and 60 might be noticeable, I will not rule out that possibility

Unless you have a 30hz monitor it is very noticeable:
http://www.30vs60fps.com/

http://30vs60.com/

but anything higher than 60? Maybe if you're a trained jet pilot, it is said that they can spot 1/255th of a frame, but I am not sure if that can be so easily related to playing a video game or watching a movie.

So 120hz and 144hz monitors can only be used by trained jet pilots? Competitive CSGO players are scammed, you should definitely tell them:
https://youtu.be/PgHx3eMBXjI

If they still don't have real dynamic lighting and shadows with a game that needs an i7 to run, I'm going to laugh really hard.

Not too bothered about mods to be honest, even if it will fix Bethesda's flaws :3

Aren't you just...unplugging one card and slapping in a new one? Or even just slapping a new one into an empty slot? Never seemed hard, playing Legos with tech :P.

Yeah but the Xbox will last for a while and is cheap (compared to upgrading a card)

I've been meaning to upgrade to next-gen for a while anyway; for the longest time I was gonna get a PS4 but since the recent backwards compatibility announcement its a no-brainer for me to get the xbox.

That sort of a misconception, Excluding the fact you can buy cheap cards are a a good bang for your buck, Let's say you buy a GTX 980. Sure, it will obviously be more expensive than either the 360 or One, But the thing is, Besides major performance difference and frame rate. You also will have more freedom and have a lot of good games that are on sale, That you would hardly ever even get on live or PSN. They canno't compete with, G2A,GOG, Or Steam.

TL;DR You pay more money in the longer term with a console, While you save more money in the longer term with PC

There is no reason why Crysis from 2008 has better graphics than Fallout 4, and can run on a rig that's a toaster compared to these bloated specs. 30gb of storage? 4gb GPU? I run Battlefield 4 on Ultra and I can barely get it to 1.5 use. Beth requires their fans to buy hundreds of dollars in upgrades on stuff that won't be obsolete for another half decade because they are shitty at programming. What a joke.

Was Crysis from 2008 an open world game? It's not my intention to defend Beth, but the kind of games they make usually works a bit different to let us say Crysis, at least the one I played. I mean the fact alone that the game has a fuck ton of NPCs and a ridiculous amount of items means that a lot of the power goes in to that. Just saying. Anyway, it is pretty obvious that F4 will be made for Consoles first and the PC later, so when you have a decent PC you should have no trouble to run F4 anyway. Consoles are usually behind the PC in hardware terms.

Was Crysis from 2008 an open world game? It's not my intention to defend Beth, but the kind of games they make usually works a bit different to let us say Crysis, at least the one I played. I mean the fact alone that the game has a fuck ton of NPCs and a ridiculous amount of items means that a lot of the power goes in to that. Just saying. Anyway, it is pretty obvious that F4 will be made for Consoles first and the PC later, so when you have a decent PC you should have no trouble to run F4 anyway. Consoles are usually behind the PC in hardware terms.

It was linear but had destructible environments but still some areas were pretty open and do look way better than Fallout 4. To be honest an ancient engine used since Morrowind can only do so much.

If having loading doors to access every single different area of your game still qualifies your game as "open world" then Resident Evil 1 & 2 were open world games too.

Bethesda can barely put ladders in a game, or enable you to enter any sort of underground without changing the map on you, so using Open World is stretching the crap out of the term for them.

There were some very large missions in Crysis, like the whole bit with the tanks around mid game, that had amazing fps, dense foliage and highly detailed environments and were just as effective at portraying a large game world as anything I've seen done in Gamebryo or it's variations since.
I can't recall ever hitting the invisible walls in that part of the game either.

It ran on my core 2 duo with a 1gb gtx 250, like a champ.

Hmm, yeah except that what Bethesda does is very different to Crysis or any similar game.

I am really NOT a pro on that stuff, just the bits and pieces I have read here and there. But as far as I know, Beth usually runs their game on cells, cells that you can visit again, towns, houses, areas etc.

And even if you step out of one cell, there is still stuff happening in the others you visited. NPC routes, items thrown around etc. The Cells do reset once in a while, but I takes a certain amount of time, I think like 30 in game days in Skyrim, but I am not sure. It means when you drop an item in a barrel or somewhere in the town, the item will dissapar after some time. I don't think Crysis or most other shooters developed their engine to keep track of 2000 NPCs and literaly thousands of objects that can be manipulated by the player. This really requires a lot of processing power, because after some time it adds up. Save game bload, crashes, memory issues and all sorts of weird issues are (sadly ...) rather common with Beth games after a while.

What ever if that helps the game to feel more alive now or not is a whole different question. I am just saying, a lot of the processing power goes in many different directions where I would say that Crysis has to spend a lot less of it's power to the AI and NPCs for the simple fact that it doesn't have to care about areas that the player will never visit again, as it is a very linear game, it has to use it's whole processing power to rendering one and only one area, which takes a lot less effort even if it is a relatively large area. Crysis also contains much less items and objects for the player to manipulate. And that makes the engine work in a different way. It is a big difference if you have one cell with lots of characters that the engine has to render only once, with it's textures, lightning etc, or if there are several cells that the engine has to keep track off, if NPCs move from one cell to the other.

A game like no clue Fallout 3 or Skyrim for that matter allows the player to pretty much visit any place at any time. That means the more stuff you do in the game, the more stress it can mean for the engine. Potentially thousands of changed objects and NPC routes. Just placing more NPCs in a game like Skyrim for example can really mess up the engine and cause the game to crash. Most engines are simply not there yet, but they might as well be one day! Who knows.

I am not saying Bethsesdas approach is the best one, hell I would even say their approach is as far as RPGs goes not really that great making their games rather hiking and cave simulators where I feel the interaction with NPCs should be more important than throwing forks and garden gnomes around. But for some reason there are thousands of people that love Bethesda games for exactly that reason because you can role play a character with compulsive hoarding disorder.

I am just saying that both Crysis and the games made by Beth are aiming for very different design goals.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm, yeah except that what Bethesda does is very different to Crysis or any similar game.

I am really NOT a pro on that stuff, just the bits and pieces I have read here and there. But as far as I know, Beth usually runs their game on cells, cells that you can visit again, towns, houses, areas etc.

And even if you step out of one cell, there is still stuff happening in the others you visited. NPC routes, items thrown around etc. The Cells do reset once in a while, but I takes a certain amount of time, I think like 30 in game days in Skyrim, but I am not sure. It means when you drop an item in a barrel or somewhere in the town, the item will dissapar after some time. I don't think Crysis or most other shooters developed their engine to keep track of 2000 NPCs and literaly thousands of objects that can be manipulated by the player. This really requires a lot of processing power, because after some time it adds up. Save game bload, crashes, memory issues and all sorts of weird issues are (sadly ...) rather common with Beth games after a while.

What ever if that helps the game to feel more alive now or not is a whole different question. I am just saying, a lot of the processing power goes in many different directions where I would say that Crysis has to spend a lot less of it's power to the AI and NPCs for the simple fact that it doesn't have to care about areas that the player will never visit again, as it is a very linear game, it has to use it's whole processing power to rendering one and only one area, which takes a lot less effort even if it is a relatively large area. Crysis also contains much less items and objects for the player to manipulate. And that makes the engine work in a different way. It is a big difference if you have one cell with lots of characters that the engine has to render only once, with it's textures, lightning etc, or if there are several cells that the engine has to keep track off, if NPCs move from one cell to the other.

A game like no clue Fallout 3 or Skyrim for that matter allows the player to pretty much visit any place at any time. That means the more stuff you do in the game, the more stress it can mean for the engine. Potentially thousands of changed objects and NPC routes. Just placing more NPCs in a game like Skyrim for example can really mess up the engine and cause the game to crash. Most engines are simply not there yet, but they might as well be one day! Who knows.

I am not saying Bethsesdas approach is the best one, hell I would even say their approach is as far as RPGs goes not really that great making their games rather hiking and cave simulators where I feel the interaction with NPCs should be more important than throwing forks and garden gnomes around. But for some reason there are thousands of people that love Bethesda games for exactly that reason because you can role play a character with compulsive hoarding disorder.

I am just saying that both Crysis and the games made by Beth are aiming for very different design goals.

Sure you can visit "different" areas but majority of caves and dungeons are cookie cutter layouts which have the same linear layout with minor differences besides the big towns or landmarks.
Same with the AI packages, the AI go from home to their destination then stand around in the same spot until it's told to go back home to bed until the next day with minor tweaks.
I apologize if I sound like i'm being hostile(I hope i'm not) and it may just be my opinion but it doesn't that great when the AI is too braindead to realize chasing a dragon in no armor and an iron dagger is something an old lady wouldn't do and the buildings are almost all the same with bland interiors.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back