• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

The_Proletarian

Sonny, I Watched the Vault Bein' Built!
Staff member
Admin
168svRW.png

Welcome to Fallout 22!

It's an event that will run during all of 2022 (and forever after) and where we play the Fallout games together in chronological order.
  1. Fallout: Nevada - Year 2120
  2. Fallout - Year 2161
  3. Fallout: Sonora - Year [It's a secret]
  4. Fallout: Resurrection - Year 2170
  5. Fallout: Tactics - 2197
  6. Fallout 2 - Year 2241
  7. Fallout: Yesterday (the latest build) - Year 2253
  8. Fallout: New Vegas - Year -2281
Feel free to join in at any time and let it be known by reporting in this thread.

Post your impressions here while playing. Give us some examples of gameplay, describe what you have played through. We will then try to summarize our impressions into joint reviews for each game.

It's encouraged to write as detailed about your impressions as you can. Use the questions from the questionnaire below. Take some screenshots while playing and post them here. Try to catch references and other fun things.

The Games

Fallout: Nevada
Installation instructions to be found here. That's also the place for bug reporting. If you get stuck look for answers here. And here's a post compilation of all we've learned about Fallout: Nevada yet, some good info there. NMA review of it here. Keep it in mind when you play. Do you agree with it?

Fallout
Fallout comes in different versions. Run either Fallout et tu or Fallout Fixt. Tell us of your choice and motivate it!

Fallout: Sonora
Installation instructions found here.

Fallout: Resurrection
NMA thread. Download here. Here's a little guide if you're stuck. And here's a compilation of everything learnt about Fallout: Resurrection so far, some good info there.

Fallout: Tactics
Play vanilla or with Redux and Equilibrium. There's also Xkcon that keeps the main quest but turns the rest of the game into an open world with more side-content.

Fallout 2
Play vanilla, UP or RPU. Tell us of your choice! It's highly recommended that you read the Vault Dweller's Memoirs before starting Fallout 2.

Fallout: Yesterday (the latest build)
Thread with installation instructions.

Fallout: New Vegas
Either play it vanilla, use Viva New Vegas or tell us about your preferred mods. Read the NMA review of New Vegas from 2010. Keep it in your mind while playing. What has been fixed by mods and what issues remain?

@Agent BJ09 wanted us to create lore based loading screens for F:NV. Now's our chance to help him. For more information go here.

Questionnaire
Please post your answers to the following questions while playing the games. Some questions are only relevant to specific games.

-Going into the game what are you looking forward to?
-After having completed it what did you think of the game?
-What would you improve?
-What's your thoughts on the main quest?
-If old, does the game still hold up in 2022?
-If not Fallout 1, does it add to Fallout lore in a good way?
-What's the game's strengths and weaknesses?
-What would you like to change in the game?
-What build did you use during your play-through?
-What's your weapon of choice?
-Describe your favourite quest and why you like it!
-What's your favourite location in the game?
-What ending did you strive for/get?
-If the game is on Steam then write a sentence that would catch the NMA perception of it and that we could use for our Steam curator.
-If the game is a total conversion mod: Could it be considered as part of the Fallout canon?
-Do you consider Fallout: Tactics to be canon?
-What do you think of the combat oriented approach in Fallout: Tactics compared to the other games?
-What do you think about how the combat is implemented in Fallout: Tactics?
-Is Fallout 2 a good sequel to Fallout?
-Is Fallout: New Vegas a good sequel to the previous games?
-Do you consider Fallout: New Vegas to be canon?

Last edited:
Welcome all!

We have 7-8 games to play this year whether you play Fallout: Sonora or not. You play at your own pace and you can join in at any time by reporting in this thread. We are happy to see you join whenever that may be. I will aim at completing one game every one and a half months. So I will give myself until mid February to complete Nevada for example. Then continue with Fallout 1 and so on.

Today we kick things off by playing Fallout: Nevada!

Fallout: Nevada
Installation instructions can be found here. Walk-through. That's also the place for bug reporting. NMA review of it here, do you agree with it?

Keep these questions below in mind while you play and answer them here as you move forward in the game.

-What's your thoughts on the main quest in Nevada?
-How would you improve it if you were to re-write?
-Does anything apart from the main quest need improvement?
-What's the game's strengths and weaknesses?
-What would you like to change in the game?
-What build did you use during your play-through?
-What's your weapon of choice?
-Describe your favourite quest and why you like it!
-What's your favourite location in the game?
-What ending did you get?
-Does it add to Fallout lore in a good way?
-Could it be considered as part of the Fallout canon?
-After having completed it what did you think of the game?

Last edited:
Guess I'll start!

I've only heard great things about Fallout: Nevada and I've always wanted to try it out. Having the setting be the early days of Vault City is quite compelling. I haven't heard anything good about the main quest however I still like to experience it and hopefully it will feel stimulating to think about how it could have been done differently. I guess I'm in for the side quests and the setting.

I actually like the minor improvements to the character generation where you can now choose your appearance. It was long since I created a character in Fallout but I went with a frail [small frame] and [gifted] blond woman with high charisma, perception and intelligence with speech, science and small guns as tagged skills. Do you get any pack mule companions in this? I may have to start over, but that's part of the fun.

The intro narrator has a good voice however I somehow wish it could be recorded with an American voice actor instead. There's also some things with the grammar that could be corrected like missing words.

There appears to be some translation issues still. I got a screen with Russian text when I left the Vault with my team.

Having played the nu-Fallouts, the ATOM games and other recent RPGs I'm used to relevant stats and skills being in brackets during dialogue. Like [intelligence]. It feels very fresh to not have that in Fallout: Nevada. Now you just to read the lines and choose what to say without gaming it to much. If you have the skill in brackets the focus leads wrong.

I think I will play without HD since that's what you are used to from back in the days. I want my sprites up close! Can you play with a low resolution but still have wide screen?

Last edited:
Having played the nu-Fallouts, the ATOM games and other recent RPGs I'm used to relevant stats and skills being in brackets during dialogue. Like [intelligence]. It feels very fresh to not have that in Fallout: Nevada. Now you just to read the lines and choose what to say without gaming it to much. If you have the skill in brackets the focus leads wrong.

Nevada is actually unique in that regard, as you can later choose a perk that allows you to see requirements for every dialogue option. Another "meta" perk allows you to play after the ending.

Nevada is actually unique in that regard, as you can later choose a perk that allows you to see requirements for every dialogue option. Another "meta" perk allows you to play after the ending.
Ok cool! Good to know. I would never bother with a perk like that though.

Thanks! That's good enough. Can you switch the leader belt for something else?
If you mean the image that's used to fill the bottom side-bar, then yes.

You go to the main menu's "Settings", pick "Screen Settings" and can click on the "Change Side-Bar Art" image to change it:

sM06j10.jpg

I have too low Agility to become a stripper in Reno... Have anyone else begun playing yet?

Nevada has a really slow start. I haven't managed to complete any quests yet, I'm just walking around talking to everyone and accumulating more of them. But I think it must start to unravel itself soon. It's probably a good idea to start out as a somewhat capable gunman because my build who is all talk hasn't managed to achieve a thing, yet.

e: Melee is probably a good choice since ammo is scarce and you start with a lousy gun.

Last edited:
Was just about to reinstall Fallout 2 to boot up Fallout Nevada (which I've never played before and was pretty excited to try)...

...Before realizing that because my PC laptop had crapped out a few months ago I'm now using a macbook and can't install Fallout 2.

Any workarounds?

Oh no! Maybe ask here? I hope you find a solution!

---------------

I have begun to save scumming combat. It sucks but it's the only way to get somewhere with my char. I was pretty close at starting again from the beginning but I'm hoping this build will be ok once I've got a few levels.

I didn't know charisma and speech would hold so little value. For example you are helping a man flee but are caught up by your perusers. Normally you would have the option to talk to them and make them abort the chase, but in Nevada combat is the only option.

Intelligence have been of more use than charisma and it seems like charisma is a dump stat.

e: It was cool to hunt with Evan. It was awesome to see the inside of a Geckos nest and steal some eggs from them.

Another thing that is well done is that the locations are interconnected by quests. You have to travel between them to finish your tasks. I also like that there are different ways to obtain things like the fuse or two different ways to obtain the ability to trap gecko hides.

Last edited:
I didn't know charisma and speech would hold so little value. For example you are helping a man flee but are caught up by your perusers. Normally you would have the option to talk to them and make them abort the chase, but in Nevada combat is the only option.

If you're talking about Nick Devero (Stryker's chemist)
At Desperado you can give them a rope and they escape through the window. You can also deal with the pursuers if you're Stryker's or Thompson's made man. Alternatively you can pay them $1000 or scare them off with Int 5 and Speech 75.

If you help them further, you can escape the field without fighting anyone by removing boards on a back wall with crowbar or high Str.

Charisma is used for pole dancing (women) and jazz (men) in Reno. It also helps down in Vegas and SLC
Investigations and Nuka Cola trading

Thank you Alphons! I have to do that quest again. So then I don't give them a rope, instead I go directly to the pursuers?

Either one will work, rope doesn't require any skills.
But then you have to fight them on that corn field? I want to avoid a fight.

Another thing: I'm trying to get to Milos note on the table but his wife is standing in the way and I can't push through. How do I reach it?

But then you have to fight them on that corn field? I want to avoid a fight.

Bring a crowbar and pry off the boards on the back wall and sneak out that way.

Another thing: I'm trying to get to Milos note on the table but his wife is standing in the way and I can't push through. How do I reach it?

You can just talk to her, note is there in case she's no longer around (quest for VC security). Evan might also know something.

Back