Will you participate?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
The caravan trapped in a cave was awesome but maybe the solution was a bit too clever? I looked in a walk-through god forbid...

Did you find out about poisoning the raiders food by yourself? Did you find the secret exit by yourself?

The caravan trapped in a cave was awesome but maybe the solution was a bit too clever? I looked in a walk-through god forbid...

Did you find out about poisoning the raiders food by yourself? Did you find the secret exit by yourself?

Nah, convinced the caravaneers to leave the cave. I had no idea about these.

Currently playing Fallout 2 with RPU v. 25, damn why is the Citizenship test so "impossible" to complete. Need 9 Perception, 9 Intelligence, and 9 Luck. Well, let's go to Gecko anyway ... Will try, to play another playthrough of Resurrection after that, which I never completed ...

I won't join in just yet since I'm currently a bit too busy IRL, but I'll chime in this thread for a bit
Having played the nu-Fallouts, the ATOM games and other recent RPGs I'm used to relevant stats and skills being in brackets during dialogue. Like [intelligence]. It feels very fresh to not have that in Fallout: Nevada. Now you just to read the lines and choose what to say without gaming it to much. If you have the skill in brackets the focus leads wrong.
Nevada is actually unique in that regard, as you can later choose a perk that allows you to see requirements for every dialogue option. Another "meta" perk allows you to play after the ending.
I don't remember if there's a perk that adds dialogue tags in Nevada, but a similar perk existed since Fallout 1, called Empathy.
I have too low Agility to become a stripper in Reno... Have anyone else begun playing yet?

Nevada has a really slow start. I haven't managed to complete any quests yet, I'm just walking around talking to everyone and accumulating more of them. But I think it must start to unravel itself soon. It's probably a good idea to start out as a somewhat capable gunman because my build who is all talk hasn't managed to achieve a thing, yet.

e: Melee is probably a good choice since ammo is scarce and you start with a lousy gun.
My first playthrough, I didn't tag any combat skills at all. I go Speech, Doctor, and then either Repair or Science. I actually played it like some kind of adventure game, just keep talking and talking and talking around, all the while trying to raise a combat skill bit by bit every time I levelled up.

It is indeed slow, but you should be fine starting with absolutely no combat skills at all.
I think I will play without HD since that's what you are used to from back in the days. I want my sprites up close! Can you play with a low resolution but still have wide screen?
An alternative step-by-step here, maybe you didn't need it anymore but for anyone else who haven't https://rpgcodex.net/forums/threads...ut-game-by-czechs.109858/page-11#post-4650361

Currently playing Fallout 2 with RPU v. 25, damn why is the Citizenship test so "impossible" to complete. Need 9 Perception, 9 Intelligence, and 9 Luck. Well, let's go to Gecko anyway ... Will try, to play another playthrough of Resurrection after that, which I never completed ...
Alright! Will you play Nevada and participate in Fallout 22? Don't hesitate to put your opinions of the games in this thread. Feel free to use the questionnaire I put in the first post.

I won't join in just yet since I'm currently a bit too busy IRL
You're always welcome to chime in!

My first playthrough, I didn't tag any combat skills at all. I go Speech, Doctor, and then either Repair or Science. I actually played it like some kind of adventure game, just keep talking and talking and talking around, all the while trying to raise a combat skill bit by bit every time I levelled up.
That's how I play it. I now have the hunting rifle and 100+ in small guns so I can finally kill things.

An alternative step-by-step here, maybe you didn't need it anymore but for anyone else who haven't https://rpgcodex.net/forums/threads...ut-game-by-czechs.109858/page-11#post-4650361
Thanks! I'm quite happy with @Magnus solution but I'll have a look at this one as well.

[SPOILER ALERT concerning Fallout Nevada here] Well, as a matter of fact, I've just halted my playthrough of Fallout 2 and started Nevada, I did try Nevada like 6 months ago and was pleasantly surprised (stopped at New Reno or the area with some mines don't rightly remember the name, so never finished the game). I've started a new game today and I've just finished the quest of Evan the trapper/hunter of Gerlach and poisoned the Molerat gang during Milo's quest. I really appreciated some new mechanics like the crafting system and trapping gecko (but trapping could use some polishing, sometimes geckos walk on them and it doesn't activate the trap but no big deal, same for the whistle ... maybe it works only for one quest, will have to test more). I will try to play all games (maybe skipping Tactics even if I have it installed). For now, of all Fallout games, the first entry (Fallout 1) is my favorite. I did a playthrough last year and took Gifted and Bloody Mess traits, and the ending (Overseer) got me by surprise, in a good way, damn the game was really good (a bit too short to my taste). So here I am continuing Nevada, next stop will be the Cheyenne tribe (Lovelock) see what I can do here. Well thank you for taking the time to read this, I'll keep you posted on my progression and takes on Fallout of Nevada. By the way, my stats are S6 P9 E6 C2 I9 A9 L6 with the Gifted trait and I've tagged Small Guns, Lockpick, and Speech. (Maybe I should have taken Repair, but I hope to find some skill books along the way, I think there's none for Lockpick and Speech so that's why I've taken those skills).

Hi everyone, I got a question for anywho has played Fallout of Nevada. When repairing Gerlach's water pump, Gerlach is supposed to reward me with an SMG, but I looked in my inventory and there's none in it, is that a bug?

Last edited by a moderator:
but trapping could use some polishing, sometimes geckos walk on them and it doesn't activate the trap but no big deal, same for the whistle ... maybe it works only for one quest, will have to test more

Whistle worked for me normally. Tip for using traps- in combat they won't activate if character doesn't end their turn on a tile with them. Just stand next to the trap to force enemies to step on them if they want to attack you.

Hi everyone, I got a question for anywho has played Fallout of Nevada. When repairing Gerlach's water pump, Gerlach is supposed to reward me with an SMG, but I looked in my inventory and there's none in it, is that a bug?
I didn't get an SMG either. I forgot, does he tell you that you will get an SMG?

my stats are S6 P9 E6 C2 I9 A9 L6 with the Gifted trait and I've tagged Small Guns, Lockpick, and Speech.
That's good! I have a charisma at 9 and that is such a waste. There's not even companions in this right? Had I started over I would have built my character like you.

Doctor skill seems to be used quite often so that could be good. Science has been good for me. Repair could be a good option but there's most often work arounds and you can get other characters to do the repairing, mostly.

----------

I'm in Wind of War now, which is a really cool location. But I think I will head over to Vegas now!

Whistle worked for me normally. Tip for using traps- in combat they won't activate if character doesn't end their turn on a tile with them. Just stand next to the trap to force enemies to step on them if they want to attack you.
Thanks for the tips, a good thing I've kept at least one trap and the whistle. Anyway, I've sold 2 to William for the First Aid book (I think ... in Black Rock, well the barkeeper, if I ever need them, because I don't have that much ammo left right now ... can't resist when I see a skill book though).

Yes, when I arrive at Gerlach, I speak to him about letting Steve live. Because my age was 35 I did pass the speech check automatically and he said that he have an SMG for me, but never receive it. Probably a bug or I did miss something, can't say for sure.

Well, yeah that's why I didn't put points in Charisma, in Nevada there's no companion (from what I know so far), and in FO1 it doesn't affect the number of companions you can have in your party, however, it's useful in Fallout 2 (I always start with 6, to have 3 companions). I only hope that there's a training/trainer, book, or quest that gives +1 to Agility later on in Nevada. As for skill, I've pumped some points in Doctor and Repair because I want to be able to craft/repair the famous Power Armor and some neat energy weapons, well hope it's not a mistake

I didn't get an SMG either. I forgot, does he tell you that you will get an SMG?

You're right, if I remember correctly he says that he will receive the SMG in a couple of days ... I think it was 3 days, well going back to Gerlach real soon.

I only hope that there's a training/trainer, book, or quest that gives +1 to Agility later on in Nevada

Nothing to raise Agility aside from the level up perk. There's an item that raises Charisma and quest perks that give bonus Endurance, Intelligence and Luck.

Also Repair is not needed for PA, as you can just pay a few thousands to a handyman.

Of note are the new skill books- Traps, Barter and Energy Weapons have several copies each.

Nothing to raise Agility aside from the level up perk. There's an item that raises Charisma and quest perks that give bonus Endurance, Intelligence and Luck.
Oh well, thanks ... I had this feeling at the start that I've should have put 1 less point in Endurance and put it in Agility. Yeah I think the boxing quests in Reno boost your Endurance.

Also Repair is not needed for PA, as you can just pay a few thousands to a handyman.

Of note are the new skill books- Traps, Barter and Energy Weapons have several copies each.

Thanks a lot for all this precious info, keep'em coming please, damn ... Energy Weapons have skill books in Nevada that are perfect, will fit with my playstyle because I generally use EW late game. I miss the modified Plasma Rifle of FO1, this bad boy is simply a beast. Already lv. 6, it's a bit slow pace on the XP, can't wait to have the Sniper perk. I almost forgot to ask, there are still some Guns & Bullets books, right ? Oh, and while I'm at it ... are there any chems in Nevada, I've not reached Reno yet, but don't recall finding Buffout or Psycho ? (I guess there's no Jet is we follow the lore of Fallout)

Well, yeah that's why I didn't put points in Charisma
It was such a long time since I played any of the old Fallout games now that I thought charisma would come handy in dialogues.

How important is charisma in general, in Fallout 2 and it's TC's? It says that it affects reactions, how important is that? Do you usually dump charisma?

e: I found this thread and from now on I will never have a charisma higher than 6 since it appears that most checks doesn't require more than that. It says charisma gives you unique dialogue options in New Reno and Vault City. With a charisma of 6 you can have three companions so that's alright.

It appears I messed up my first Nevada character buy going to high on charisma. God damn it!

Last edited:
1 less point in Endurance

2 points in Endurance. There's a second ring in Vegas.

there are still some Guns & Bullets books

All vanilla books are still present.

are there any chems in Nevada, I've not reached Reno yet, but don't recall finding Buffout or Psycho ? (I guess there's no Jet is we follow the lore of Fallout

All gone. There're some new ones- painkillers rise DR, a few rising Charisma. Vegas has more drug dealers with better stock than Reno. There're other items that rise stats- pre-war whisky gives STR boost and if I remember correctly you can dig up graves in Lovelock for ashes of their ancestors (poison you, but give Luck boost).

How important is charisma in general, in Fallout 2 and it's TC's? It says that it affects reactions, how important is that? Do you usually dump charisma?

Nevada has a few Charisma interactions, but other skills can be used. For example price of the Nuka Cola license depends on your Charisma and Barter. Signing a Cola deal depends on your Charisma but also Reputation and Barter/ Speech.

I'd recommend having 5 or 7 Charisma in Resurrection- there're 5 companions, but you can only have max 4 (1 character will only join with good Karma, 1 will join with only bad Karma and 1 is hidden).

That's it! I'm starting again from the beginning. Playing with meta knowledge is a fun way to do it anyway.

I can't remember how many times i replayed Fallout 1 in my early teens before I beat it. For every play-through I made better choices.

What quest raises your intelligence?

Last edited:
What quest raises your intelligence?

There're some smaller investigations and one big in Las Vegas. Completing all smaller ones or the big one gives you Private Investigator perk which boosts Intelligence and gives extra dialogue options with law enforcement members.

It was such a long time since I played any of the old Fallout games now that I thought charisma would come handy in dialogues.

e: I found this thread and from now on I will never have a charisma higher than 6 since it appears that most checks doesn't require more than that. It says charisma gives you unique dialogue options in New Reno and Vault City. With a charisma of 6 you can have three companions so that's alright.

It appears I messed up my first Nevada character buy going to high on charisma. God damn it!

Well, I can't really confirm if having Charisma above 6 in FO2 is that useful, maybe for a "pacifist" run who want the maximum companion in-party. Personally, FO2 is one of the only Fallout I dump Charisma point in it, even when you take Gifted trait the extra point (force you to have 2 Charisma), I would take that point elsewhere. Who knows, you may have some interesting dialog that will be unobtainable for me in Nevada.

2 points in Endurance. There's a second ring in Vegas.

All gone. There're some new ones- painkillers rise DR, a few rising Charisma. Vegas has more drug dealers with better stock than Reno. There're other items that rise stats- pre-war whisky gives STR boost and if I remember correctly you can dig up graves in Lovelock for ashes of their ancestors (poison you, but give Luck boost).

Well, I'm gonna be a gravedigger for sure eh eh, may find a gold tooth in the process and some crusty used underwear that'll sell for at least 3 bucks (just kidding) ... just hope it's not a permanent poison state.

Reached Hawthorne for Big Louie quest, I've disabled the turrets and looted the building, but can't seem to find the weapons & ammo those raiders are looking for. Also, there's a door on the second floor blocked by a dead body I can't open it, might require higher Strength. I did grab earlier today the SMG I was talking about yesterday, this baby will come in handy (10mm SMG, I remember being a solid weapon early to mid-game, the problem is, there's not much ammo right now because I've not reached Reno yet). I will try to uncover the weapons later tonight. Honestly so far, I really enjoy Nevada, it is a solid "not-official" entry in the Fallout series. I know a company that could use some pointers from the devs team of Nevada ...

I have to have the max amount of companions in games for some reason so I usually boost CHA in Fallout 2. Around 6 or 7 seems about right. All this info is really helpful for the upcoming Nevada run.

Around 6 or 7 seems about right. All this info is really helpful for the upcoming Nevada run.

Nevada has no companions, that tip was for Resurrection. 6 Charisma is needed though for pole dancing or playing jazz in Nevada.

Reach Hawthorne for Big Louie quest, I've disabled the turrets and looted the building, but can't seem to find the weapons & ammo those raiders are looking for.

You need to secure the entire base, that building is just administration. There should be an exit to the warehouses at the top of the screen.

Nevada has no companions, that tip was for Resurrection. 6 Charisma is needed though for pole dancing or playing jazz in Nevada.

You need to secure the entire base, that building is just administration. There should be an exit to the warehouses at the top of the screen.
Right I was talking about Fallout 2 in that regard.

Speaking of securing the entire base, I'm currently stuck in the Hangars section, the fuse box is only usable for climbing to the roof and there's no way to shut down the turrets there (or most certainly I didn't figure out how at the moment, I thought maybe the "parade uniform" would do the trick, to no avail, can't wear the damn thing). Without taking my hand did I miss something? Do I have to destroy those damn turrets myself because right now they just obliterate my sorry ass ? I don't have any good ranged weapons like a Sniper Rifle or Scoped Hunting Rifle. Worth mentioning it's 6 pm in-game and I don't see very well.

Well, I'm an idiot ... found the tunnel leading inside a depot of some sort ... and guess what, grab the central processing unit for the T-51b Power Armor. Progressing ... I know ... small victory here.

Back