[POLL] Have you played Wasteland!?

Have you played Wasteland?

• Total voters

egalor

Look, Ma! Two Heads!
Just for my personal interest, I'd like to know how many of NMA'ers have played that classic. Any additional comment to a simple "yes" or "no" (if any) would be welcome. Thanks!

A lot. I had a C64 as a kid, so my gamer geekery got off to an early start. Really awesome game that shows what you can do without fancy graphics or 4 gig processors. It was due to having loved that one so much that I snagged FO1 the first week it was out.

Wasteland and Bard's Tale is how I cut my teeth on cRPGs. I was a kid and into D&D, and at that point in time those games were the closest thing to PnP games without all the mess.

Righto, changed your post into a poll. Should make things easier.

I played it about three days ago. It's pretty interesting. I don't like some part of the combat system though.

i played it a loooooong time ago. to my shame i must admit that i never finished the game.

Have played it, yeah. Unfortunately I played a couple of years ago and had problems getting into it. I'll probably give it another try one of these days... I did return to UFO: Enemy Unknown and X-COM: Terror from the Deep recently, of course, I had played those games very much years and years ago and they are 5 years or so newer but there's hope I might be able to enjoy it...

I found it a bit difficult to get into it too, but once you're there, barely getting out alive from a fight with a band of possums, and you get used to the interface/controls (which I got to love), it got you.

One hint, though: If you don't have the original and you got it from an abandonware site, print the manual and the paragraph list. It makes it much more easier.

FeelTheRads said:
One hint, though: If you don't have the original and you got it from an abandonware site, print the manual and the paragraph list. It makes it much more easier.
Back in the 80's/early 90's I never bought games being a kid and all. First game I bought was Civilization II, that was '96... And good luck finding the (original) game now, and ebay prices are probably too high too...

But yeah, I'll play it in the near future and remember to print the manual out as well.

Anyone who has not finished it will be shot for desertion. Anyone who has not even played it will be hung for sedition.

Unless you just do not like RPGs, there is really no excuse to have missed Wasteland. Easily one of my all time favourites, although I have not trusted an empty toaster since.

My parents got me a collection of old cRPGs a long time ago, Wasteland was one of the games in the collection. Unfortunately, the manual for Wasteland was printed improperly and so the paragraphs chosen made no sense, so I never got far. I might try it again, but I'll have to get a new manual.

There was news of a Fallout 3 in the works, but I haven't heard much on that front.
:lol:

I sort of played it, but it didn't run very well and I don't really remember it. I'll have to try again.

Played it, but to be 100%, never finished it. I just got lost at some point amongst the weird puzzles and purple-coloured military bases or whatever.

Neeeever played it. Crazy eh? I fear now, it may be to late for me to get into it and enjoy it... Then again, you never know what your misin' if you don't try it first.

So far, less than the half (!) of us have not played the classic, and it's NMA community! This means, as far as I can see, a Wasteland port to FO should be quite popular one.

A kind request to moderators,
Could you please stick this topic to the top for some while, so that as many people as possible vote? If not - no problem, leave it where it is.

egalor said:
So far, less than the half (!) of us have not played the classic, and it's NMA community! This means, as far as I can see, a Wasteland port to FO should be quite popular one.

If I knew enough to help, I'd join a team for this in a minute. Unfortunately, my expertise at the moment is limited to very simple scripting and even simpler mapping, so I wouldn't be of much use. Maybe if a proofreader was needed, but that's about it.

Back