Popsicle or Android?

Discussion in 'Fallout 4' started by Hassknecht, Oct 29, 2015.

Popsicle or Android?

1. Human popsicle

22 vote(s)
    66.7%
  2. Android

5 vote(s)
    15.2%
  3. Hate newspapers (aka other option)

6 vote(s)
    18.2%
  1. Hassknecht

Hassknecht For hate's sake. Staff Member Admin Orderite

Aug 16, 2010
    So, what will the protagonist be?
    A human popsicle, frozen in the Vault and thawed out 250 years later?
    Or an android with fake memories, a replica of the original gruff brunette ex-military family-guy from before the War?
    Or will he/she be something completely different?

You decide! Poll now to get a preorder bonus of bugs, glitches and crashes!

2. Aniki

Aniki Just Works

Oct 9, 2015
    Could be C: He/she overdosed with sugarbombs and nuka cola and went into a 250 year old coma.

But with Emil as a writer it could be worse like a sleeping beauty story, only instead of getting a kiss from a prince your alarm clock finally goes off.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2015
  3. Walpknut

Walpknut This ghoul has seen it all

Dec 30, 2010
    I say popsicle, the achievements imply you do meet your kid at one point in the game so the prewar memories can't be fake.

4. EnclaveKnight

EnclaveKnight It Wandered In From the Wastes

Sep 6, 2013
    I would prefer the human popsicle, really. Android just seems stupid.

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  5. Plautus

Plautus Angry Preacher

Nov 24, 2010
    I hope to God they wouldn't do something so monumentally stupid as force the player into being an android. Now, if you had the option to gain a robot body/augment yourself with future technology as a reward for working for the Brotherhood/Institute, that might be a neat incentive for faction affiliation, but forcing that would really prevent me from enjoying the game.

6. Hassknecht

Aug 16, 2010
    They aren't fake, but maybe the memories of being frozen are fake or something like that.

7. TheChosen1

TheChosen1 Moving Target

Nov 8, 2012
    The android "twist" seems a lot like something Beth would do. (see: Fallout 3 ending, President Eden "twist")

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  8. Walpknut

Dec 30, 2010
    Even Bethesda would know that a repeat of a twist on the direct sequel would be a bad idea.

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  9. phipboy

phipboy Newly elected overseer

Oct 2, 2015
    How could someone not know they're an android for like 200 years or something? You would figure it out somehow right?

10. Walpknut

Dec 30, 2010
    They wouldn't have lived 200 years, they would just think they are a prewar person because they have their memories.

11. phipboy

phipboy Newly elected overseer

Oct 2, 2015
    Sure they can accept that they're not human but shouldn't it be made apparent to the player? That's why this twist just seems that much dumber.

12. stonefire310

stonefire310 First time out of the vault

May 25, 2012
    Out of the two, Android. Pre-war frozen guy/girl sound to Mr.House-y for me.

13. Hassknecht

Aug 16, 2010
    Eh, they also pulled the "giant humanoid thing at the end of the game" three times in a row.

14. Walpknut

Dec 30, 2010
    I guess I don't know them that well, only TES I played was Skyrim. Maybe I am giving them too much credit....

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  15. MercenarySnake

MercenarySnake Kept you waiting huh?

Aug 22, 2015
    I say he/she was an experiment and became a half human half android hybrid during the 200 year time period with memories of the experiment erased from their memory.

16. Battlecross

Battlecross Banned

Jun 17, 2015
    Probably cryo but the android thing would be cooler. It'd be like the game Soma that recently came out.

17. Bubba Zanetti

Bubba Zanetti I know what I'm doing

Oct 6, 2015
    Who was the giant humanoid in Skyrim? That Heimdall archetype guarding the bridge to Valhalla, or whatever it was called? Honestly I don't remember much about the game as I found it a chore to finish.

Anyway, my vote goes to a popsicle protagonist as it seems to be the most likely given the evidence so far. I would hope Beth doesn't do anything as stupidly predictable as making the PC an android but Christ, who knows with them?

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  18. Hassknecht

Aug 16, 2010
    Nothing in Skyrim, really, that's why it was only three games in a row.
    Morrowind had Akulakhan, Oblivion had Mehrunes Dagon, Fallout 3 had Optimus, uh, Liberty Prime.

19. Bubba Zanetti

Bubba Zanetti I know what I'm doing

Oct 6, 2015
    Ah OK... Morrowind. Never played it, but I hear good things.

Anyway, they clearly have an established track record of going back to the same well, hence why we're stuck with yet another vault dweller protagonist roaming the wastes looking for missing persons.

20. MercenarySnake

MercenarySnake Kept you waiting huh?

Aug 22, 2015
    Just like Bethesda's "Start out as a prisoner" fetish.