Red Dwarf mod

Chris Parks said:
I'd suggest you keep it small and relatively simple. I think it will be difficult enough to pull off without making it overcomplicated.

Good luck. :D
I thought the same, although I have so much ideas that my head is about to show me finger :D I just need to do a lot and lot of more tinkering

I like this mod idea, go for it.

HudaJan said:
however it would be problem about speech. I cant record my own voice, it wouldn't be Holly, i can't use his actual voice, since I don't personaly know the actor (suprisingly :D ) and his speech in the show isn't enough, cause Holly in my mod should be the main hint/quest-giver.

I dont think that the voice acting should be an issue. It would be great to have voice acting and set goals really high, but I think that it should not be the main thing of importance. I mean lets face it, most of the dialogue on Fallout 2 was on text, without voice acting.

Travesty said:
I dont think that the voice acting should be an issue. It would be great to have voice acting and set goals really high, but I think that it should not be the main thing of importance. I mean lets face it, most of the dialogue on Fallout 2 was on text, without voice acting.
Exactly that's the point, it'll be difficult enough to even make dialogs for this one even if you don't have to care about his sfx files.
But I thought about making him speak, I mean move his mouth and expresions, without voice. Do you think it's a dumb idea?

Travesty said:
I like this mod idea, go for it.

HudaJan said:
however it would be problem about speech. I cant record my own voice, it wouldn't be Holly, i can't use his actual voice, since I don't personaly know the actor (suprisingly :D ) and his speech in the show isn't enough, cause Holly in my mod should be the main hint/quest-giver.

I have an east-london accent, that would probably suit Lister :P although a northern one would probably be more appropriate.

Prosper was/is a very creative individual, though slightly batty...a master troller.

Prosper said:
I thought it would be worth a try to add hair. I am using Blender's particle system to get the job done.
23lcnbl.jpg

I like it.. but it is hard to say whether or not it fits the atmosphere of fallout.

I hope I haven't offended you...but initially I thought this thread might a another attempt by Prosper to stir the pot. Anyway good luck with this project. :wink:

Dude101 said:
I have an east-london accent, that would probably suit Lister :P although a northern one would probably be more appropriate.
I won't use Lister voice, since I want Lister as a player character, but London accent would be great for somebody else, maybe revived member of the crew, or rescued somebody from replicant, etc.
I'm looking forward to cooperate with you and when I have some character lined up, I'll let you know ;)
.Pixote. said:
I hope I haven't offended you
No, you haven't, I'll try to prove to have as much positives and as less negatives of Prosper as possible ;D

medibay.jpg

New map added, but I'm posting it mainly because Kryten NPC, what do you think of it?
Took me whole day to make and render (3ds max) and still I'm missing something.. :-/

Surf Solar said:
You're really fast with this critter editing, HudaJan. :clap:
Fast? One animation (10*6 frames) took me whole day (like 10 hours), I think I'm far away from being fast :D
No, but thanks anyway, I'm going to work on another animations set - I already have model and his bones assigned so I think (or hope) most of the work is done, now it's just brain-washing work :)
EDIT: Most of work was setting and positioning cameras and lights and still it's not perfect (e.g. I hope you won't mind that my critters won't have any shadow :( )

Improved Kryten walking animation . Looks much better in-game (he doesn't look like he's standing)
kryten2.gif

Anyway what do you guys use to make your .gif files?

Back