Rumor: Bethesda has the rights for a STALKER title

From GSC social media mananger (former?) Joe Mullin:

the news that #Bethesda purchased the #Stalker rights is false. I hear anything new, you will all be the first to know! as far as I know Sergiy still owns the rights and the requirement for him to sell are VERY high including shares in whatever company buys them as well as who develops the game. This aside from the money it would cose. however, perhaps it could be true but as far as I have been able to find out, its false.

I don't know.
Maybe it's better to fed the vultures (ie Beth) then to fall into oblivion (pun intended). That's worth something I guess.

"And that's not all! Also, our games could be played by retarded people! And you get two games for the price of one!".
And I'm not insulting retarded people here.

Another thing. Washington DC developer and STALKER universe, east European, soviet atmosphere? Yeah, right.

2n6s0wp.jpg

But then again, I could be wrong.

I'm glad the rumors are false.

Besides them NOT ruining a beloved franchise the STALKER series has had 3 worthy games which as far as I'm concerned is enough to fulfill and complete it. Any further games would just force them to either re-hash stories or dilute the setting with inconsistencies.

Sincerely,
The Vault Dweller

randir14 said:
This same rumor appeared a few months ago.

Yeah old fake news. Unless it is real news. Perhaps a viral campaign for relevance?

Morbus said:
A Bethesda STALKER would be worse than the released STALKERs on so many levels it would be funny as hell.

Umad? A Bethesda STALKER would be over9000 better than anything else. At least media would say so.

After watching a playthrough of the first S.T.A.L.K.E.R. game. It is amazing how much better it is than Bethesda's Fallout.

I haven't been a PC Gamer for most of the last decade so I missed out on S.T.A.L.K.E.R. and the first Far Cry.

Just the layout of that first village and world is much better. The buildings weren't copied and pasted and the actual layout of the village was tight and fit together.

In Fallout and the Elder Scrolls games they just fell like random buildings and set pieces. There's no flowing thread between them.

I hope this rumor is false.

if bethesda became the publisher of the next stalker, that would be kinda meh.

publisher != developer

the ukranian guys would develop it, and then let bethesda/zenimax release/sell them in certain markets like say aus or us due to bethesdas massive infrastructure world wide.

TheWesDude said:
if bethesda became the publisher of the next stalker, that would be kinda meh.

publisher != developer

the ukranian guys would develop it, and then let bethesda/zenimax release/sell them in certain markets like say aus or us due to bethesdas massive infrastructure world wide.
It's not that massive. I remember Oblivion wasn't released by Bethesda here in Europe, rather 2k games or some shit like that.

Back