Russia unveils first image of its Satan 2 super-nuke

Discussion in 'General Discussion Forum' started by MutantScalper, Oct 26, 2016.

1. MutantScalper

MutantScalper Мутанты не допускаются

Nov 22, 2009
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencet...sile-Super-nuke-destroy-area-size-FRANCE.html
    Yes I know, Daily Heil, not very high level source but anyway.

Pretty strange how in 2016 they are still making new ones, ICBM's. I thought that it's over, war that is. But I guess it isn't. War. War never changes. And this one is pretty powerful I think? Finland being right next to Russia, feels a bit strange. Finland could easily be taken out with just one of those, but the fallout might effect St Petersburg.

2. aenemic

aenemic Sonny, I Watched the Vault Bein' Built!

Jun 4, 2008
    Do it already. Wipe it out. Wipe it all out.

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  3. AskWazzup

AskWazzup Sonny, I Watched the Vault Bein' Built!

Aug 21, 2008
    This is useless as a weapon (especially near Russian borders), unless someone wants to end our civilization as a whole. Even if they managed to contain the incident to one nuclear bomb, wiping out a country would not go well for the global economy and their prospects of selling gas and oil to Europe.

4. aenemic

aenemic Sonny, I Watched the Vault Bein' Built!

Jun 4, 2008
    It's unfortunately nothing more than a penis measuring contest.

5. Mr Fish

Mr Fish ...The pain of being dead...

Sep 11, 2010
    Wouldn't that nuke pretty much be an extinction event level weapon?

6. Ragemage

Ragemage Wept for Zion

Feb 20, 2016
    All things considered, any nuke would. Think about it, you launch a nuke, literally everyone else is going to launch their's, and that's a LOT of fucking nukes. The ONLY situation I can think of where everyone and their mother wouldn't press the Big Red Button would be if North Korea launched one. Then we would just turn their nation into a parking lot.

7. Mr Fish

Sep 11, 2010
    No... No I don't mean nuke war. I mean wouldn't that single nuke be capable of fucking up, well, everything?
    I mean, I once read a story of a glacier who's ice dropped off into the lake or whatever it was in and the water pressure was so immense that it pretty much washed the forest close to the beach away. So what would a nuke of that capacity do? The kind of pressure it'd create in the water would send an immense tidal wave the likes we've never seen.

So I mean that one nuke. One. One single mega super SATAN nuke that is 2000x that of Fat Boy, wouldn't the effects of that one singular nuke be so bad that it'd be an extinction-level event?

8. Ragemage

Ragemage Wept for Zion

Feb 20, 2016
    I'm not sure how accurate this is anymore, but a while back in my science classes we did discuss Doomsday scenarios, and one of the bigger ones was what if a meteor struck the Earth? How big would it have to be to wipe out all life? The answer ended up being the size of Texas.

Keeping that in mind, a nuke this size would probably do some serious serious damage to our planet if it was dropped in the ocean, but enough to wipe out all life? Not likely. There would still be survivors and whatnot, it would just look more Fallout-y.

• [Like] [Like] x 2
  9. eissa

eissa Altáriel, Lady of Radiant Garland

Jan 7, 2016
    Syria

10. Atomkilla

Atomkilla Hazel Hegemon oTO Orderite

Dec 26, 2010
    Looks like a huge black dildo.

11. eissa

eissa Altáriel, Lady of Radiant Garland

Jan 7, 2016
    Toba catasthrope, we survive that tho, with very limited gen pool.
    Depend on how the nuke were detonated, we could survive that.
    unless, the world leader were stupid enough to launch their own dirty nukes

12. CT Phipps

CT Phipps Venerable Relic of the Wastes

Sep 17, 2016
    Russia has a serious issue viewing Doctor Strangelove as fantasy. At least they announced their deterrent this time versus letting the cowboy ride the bomb first.

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  13. valcik

valcik So Old I'm Losing Radiation Signs

Dec 20, 2008
    Nope. Tsar bomb was ten megaton stronger and we're still here.

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  14. Mr Fish

Sep 11, 2010
    What's the difference between 10 megaton and 2000x stronger than jiggly puff?

15. SuAside

SuAside Testament to the ghoul lifespan
    Admin

May 27, 2004
    As always the reported "area of effect" is wildly inaccurate. It doesn't destroy the reported area, but it can disperse MIRVs over that given area.

So yeah, it'd hurt, but most articles reporting it act as if the entire area would be obliderated. Which is false of course.

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  16. Vergil

Vergil Banned

Jul 8, 2014
    Naming your missile "SATAN" is so cheesy.

17. Hassknecht

Hassknecht For hate's sake. Admin Orderite

Aug 16, 2010
    Well, they named it "Sarmat". "Satan 2" is the NATO designation.

• [Like] [Like] x 2
  18. SarcasticGoodGuy

SarcasticGoodGuy *R O T T E N*

Aug 31, 2016
    I wish I had a nuke bunker.
    @Doomsdayprepper can I borrow yours? We can wait out the apocalypse together, just two good conservative, tory, BBC loving chaps.

19. Throatpunch

Throatpunch Banned

Apr 14, 2016
    Most certainly not

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  20. Vergil

Vergil Banned

Jul 8, 2014
    Oh. I see NATO is shit at naming things as well.