Scenery stuff and such...

.Pixote. said:
How about a 70 - 30% blend. :P
Nope. It's better to paint more rust rather than blending old and new one. Sure, I may steal certain areas and merge them with new, but not all. I already did that, since removing noise (on high settings, which I'm using) changes image into blurry crap.

Pixote. said:
Have you learned your lesson - don't throw away your work... :roll:
Nope, dear teacher :dance: On more serious note: I'm simply not keeping stuff in FRM format anymore - all is gone, Pixi. Anyway, here it is - I added exhaust pipes from truck for more badass look...

boat.gif

Continuum said:
Pixote. said:
Have you learned your lesson - don't throw away your work... :roll:
Nope, dear teacher :dance: On more serious note: I'm simply not keeping stuff in FRM format anymore - all is gone, Pixi. Anyway, here it is - I added exhaust pipes from truck for more badass look...

boat.gif

*Save Image to desktop*...just in case you throw this baby away. :mrgreen: Do you want me to replace the boat in the RP with this one?...I've got a feeling your going to attack the sub next, actually the submarine tower is a bit too rusty. :look:

.Pixote. said:
*Save Image to desktop*...just in case you throw this baby away. :mrgreen:
Boat has joined to small family of scenery stuff I'm happy with... thus is safely sitting inside of psd file.

.Pixote. said:
Do you want me to replace the boat in the RP with this one?...
It's up to you, Pixi.

.Pixote. said:
I've got a feeling your going to attack the sub next
Chances for it are close to zero. Not to mention that I can't access underwater part of the sub, without psd file where this was done, and this file went to hell just after I made the split :shrug:

.Pixote. said:
actually the submarine tower is a bit too rusty. :look:
I think it's fine... Big Bad Rusty Giant in the middle of the ocean. The problem is how the rust is done. I like how subbie is designed (generally), but the execution is far far worse... how-very-un-fallout-y. Good old times... lookin' good? Lookin' good! I didn't pay attention to the source material at all. And that painting thingy was like a black magic... Too bad most of my stuff was done in that dark ages... Meh... Re-paint of the boat was a pure accident... I had no intention to fix subbie related stuff... I completely forgot about it... I deleted it... and suddenly there was some talk about boats... It was like... Boat? I made a boat! I navigated to that post and...
yga.gif
I mean, what the fuck is this shit?! Fixing process went pretty quick...

Continuum said:
.Pixote. said:
actually the submarine tower is a bit too rusty. :look:
I think it's fine... Big Bad Rusty Giant in the middle of the ocean. The problem is how the rust is done. I like how subbie is designed (generally), but the execution is far far worse... how-very-un-fallout-y. Good old times... lookin' good?

How about the boat beside the sub...will you remove some of the rust?

002boaty.gif

@ Lexx - that rusty cop car is excellent. It would be nice to see a version without the bonnet and doors.

I think the outside of the sub looks good. Would be even better if the boat would be changed with the new totally awesome one.
The inside however, didn't really fit with the rest of the game if you ask me. Too red or rusty or whatever.

I managed to corrupt a map file by placing a scenery object near the map's borders. I can only imagine it spilled over the boundaries or something. The error message was "Error setting the tile center" or similar to that.

I did it right the second time around, but had to use my backup map. So be careful with large art pieces

Lexx said:
Is there any chance to get some more destroyed / cannibalized car versions of these:
I think, I'm done with recycling of Van Buren stuff.

.Pixote. said:
How about the boat beside the sub...will you remove some of the rust?
I think, it's better to leave it as it is now. Everything plays nicely together - noise, oversaturation, etc. There's no original artwork around... :shrug: But if you want to fix whole scene - feel free to do it, Pixi.

Ervik said:
The inside however, didn't really fit with the rest of the game if you ask me. Too red or rusty or whatever.
It doesn't fit, just like the outside :shrug:

Continuum said:
Lexx said:
Is there any chance to get some more destroyed / cannibalized car versions of these:
I think, I'm done with recycling of Van Buren stuff.

Then see it as something totally new? :>

The sub should get the same treatment the tanker truck did by reducing the rust and adding in the grey.

Just my 2 cents.

I respectfully disagree with all the people who are calling for replacing the artwork of the boat and/or sub. They are perfect the way they are. Consider these vessels have been rusting away for over 200 years. That's a lot of rust! The new version on the other hand looks like any old boat you might see today.

Well, it doesn't sink in the water, so it has to be in a more or less good state. Else you couldn't use it.

Lexx said:
Totally new could be a truck, with box cargo, done as home with big badass sign: PRIVATE PROPERTY! How-very-junk-y. Something like this crossed my mind yesterday... + source file is still floating on one-click-web-hosting service.

fortyseven said:
Consider these vessels have been rusting away for over 200 years. That's a lot of rust!
That was a main reason for doing tons of rust on the subbie's hull.

fortyseven said:
The new version on the other hand looks like any old boat you might see today.
It's looking like first one, it's just more Fallout-y style friendly :shrug:

Lexx said:
Well, it doesn't sink in the water, so it has to be in a more or less good state.
How about this, or this, or this rusty vessels? I'm sure they're less than 200 years old. Close distance to the water (rain, storm, dampness) is enough to get really rusty - you don't need to be submarged all the time.

Lexx said:
Else you couldn't use it.
Can you actually use subbie, like Tanker?

The sub might have stayed out on the open sea for a very long time, hench the rust. The boat on the other hand could have been frequently used which means it would have had some degree of maintenance.

I think the new boat looks really good, and I would love to see it in the upcomming RP.

I was more about the small boat than the submarine. And the images you use as examples are pretty much a thats-right to my post, as all of these are either on land or stranded. Pretty doubtful that any of these could really swim on the water for a long time, if at all.

Continuum said:
Lexx said:
Totally new could be a truck, with box cargo, done as home with big badass sign: PRIVATE PROPERTY! How-very-junk-y. Something like this crossed my mind yesterday... + source file is still floating on one-click-web-hosting service.

Yeh, but I need some cannibalized police cars and the ones from VB are police cars. Thought it might be easier to just edit them than creating something totally new from scratch.

Lexx said:
I was more about the small boat than the submarine.
Then everything is :ok: Yes, the boat is in good condition, armoured, nucular powered and ready for patrol :salute: Perhaps engine is slightly too large, but you may consider it as Power Armour within the engines - oversized, bulky and giving a lot of power!

Lexx said:
Yeh, but I need some cannibalized police cars and the ones from VB are police cars. Thought it might be easier to just edit them than creating something totally new from scratch.
I can't do too much without modifying it 3d, like removing/opening doors, slightly flipping (no tires/broken tires/no wheels on one side), no glass/stripped interior (unless completely black), etc., In other words: something like WTF?! Barrel instead of engine!?. And using those ugly VB's meshes once again isn't an option. I'm done with it.

On a side note:

vehicles.gif

50/50? Hi hi hi. On more serious note: I really like this grey vs. rust kind of painting.

-----------------------------EDIT

On another, vehicles related note: few months ago I stumbled across this soo fucking uber cool vehicle. D/l link you'll find in the last reply.

Continuum said:
Lexx said:
Well, it doesn't sink in the water, so it has to be in a more or less good state.
How about this, or this, or this rusty vessels? I'm sure they're less than 200 years old. Close distance to the water (rain, storm, dampness) is enough to get really rusty - you don't need to be submarged all the time.

That's exactly what I was thinking of Conti, derelict ships rust quite quickly. So 200 years would have to leave significant scars of wear and tear. I think the original rustier version of the boat is more true to the general atmosphere of Fallout. It looks abandoned and forlorn. If people are concerned about how it should have had maintenance in order to work. How about the player has to use his repair skill to make it work? In contrast having a ship shape and bristol fashion boat just waiting arround for the player to find seems a bit too convinient.

Test it (drive it?) and tell me what do you think.

armouredcar.gif

Brum brum brum...

----------------------------EDIT

fortyseven said:
I think the original rustier version of the boat is more true to the general atmosphere of Fallout. It looks abandoned and forlorn.
It's not abandoned. It's someone else fully functional and armoured vehicle. Rusty wreck could sink very fast. That person spent a lot of time to make it running, obviously. Just like car above (and fatmobile too).

This looks amazing Conti, good job. Couldn't tell the difference between this and original art. :clap: Is there a chance you could render it in different perspectives too? (east-west etc)

Pretty unlikely. First, because it's mostly painted over a render anyway and second, because contie most likely deleted the 3d model already. :>

Back