Scenery stuff and such...

Thanks, that's exactly what I had in mind. I just searched for "color swapping" not "cycle colors." :>

This stuff should be in the modding wiki. So far, there is only the color palette & stuff to be found.

Some time ago I thought about creating a new 3d model for it. But so far I haven't been in the mood for it nor did I got the needed time. It sucks that brother_soifran never uploaded his 3d models. It would have speed up the whole development so much. I mean, the thing was pretty much done in it's basics...

Some rust may give it a dirtier look also a missing door can change the feeling a bit to the + I feel so here is one too.

I cant remember where I saw a car smilar to this:

zQZgF.jpg

but with engine inside (without covering mask)

Was it some mod ? I cant really remember I hope someone gona know that.

Alvarez said:
Lizard on 2238 made this truck here. Could you give it a look?

It doesn't look "Fallouty" enough. Not enough rust, too light colors etc.

That's just my opinion.

It looks fallouty enough to me, just a little too sharp and high quality. Looks more tactics style than normal fallout though

It pretty much lacks all "Fallout feeling," yes. It's whole style, the colors, also the lack of painted-over, etc.

This is not really scenery related, and I didn't want to make a new thread for a simple question.

Wild_qwerty - a modder from a few years back who did some excellent stuff for Fallout, made a mod for ground items where they resembled their inventory items more closely, doe anyone have a link to that thread?

This is at least 5 years old, maybe older, and I don't really want to go through 65 pages of modding threads to find it, and yes I have already tried a "search" without luck. :|

Continuum said:
Version 0.5 is up.

Changes:

- fixed D type (should be less blurry now),
- added compatibility with TIRS002 and WEED05-09 (scenery - check post above which ones) for A, B, C and D*,
- added (as bonus ;)) two, custom, weedy scenery pieces (I used existing art to make them) for A, B, C and D**.

previewz.gif

For screenies/changes/whatever from previous version check out this post.

--> http://www.megaupload.com/?d=ZPX0PKRT

* they got exactly the same Frames Offset like original ones
** I tested them in Mapper - just add blockers to proper hexes and they will work with Trans None to Yes as they should

------------------------------------EDIT

And here's a green variant of scenery for A type (in case if someone will like it more):

green.gif

Just crop each image, open FRM you want to change, add new bitmap, remove old and convert to FRM (it's very important to keep the same Frames Offset).

How to make this work, i copy this to fallout 2 data art and it doesnt work pls help how to make this work

You need the corresponding floor tiles to make these work properly, otherwise the colours between the scenery artwork and tiles wont blend.

Which means either replacing all of the original tiles (not recommended), or adding the new tiles to the art list - (time consuming)...the same for the scenery.

Check the stickies in the modding thread for information on how to import new artwork into Fallout. If you want to make a new looking Fallout, go for it...

Does anyone - by chance - have a klaxon horn or civil defense siren pole graphic? Something like this:

siren.jpg
2522962295_9277c8a773.jpg

I am in a need of one, but just couldn't get good results from my own 3d model and it's hard to find anything like this on the free 3d model market.

Back