Scenery stuff and such...

Continuum said:
.Pixote. said:
Conti if you touch-up the boat at the sub, I will include it into the next RP. It will look silly to have one boat looking one way at the docks and the other looking different at the sub.
How about this Pixi? Looking better?

I think it's a bit *too* painty and feels a slightly bit off. But beside, I think pixote meaned the boat next to it that should look like the new one you've made. :p

I know. But if you'll change boat then you must change subbie, otherwise whole scene will still look like shit. Or perhaps Pixi meant adding exhaust pipes only... but I think is better to remove them. Personally I'd left all this subbie related crap as it is, since changing one thing will force you to change another... Even if you'll fix boat, and exterior scene, interior will still look like shit... :shrug:

Anyway, Fallout mods are like Frankenstein's monsters stitched from different, often not fitting art pieces - deal with it :o

Thanks for the PS pointers, maybe I could try it myself once!

Continuum said:
Anyway, Fallout mods are like Frankenstein's monsters stitched from different, often not fitting art pieces - deal with it :o
Yeah, but proper rendering and touch-up techniques along with proper conversion works wonders. Also, I always prattle about good story - if you got one in your mod, players won't pay attention to Frankenstein graphics :ugly:

Is there any talented graphic who would like to help the
Fonline: Wasteland2155 project ? :P

We need someone to create graphics:

The Pit - where the Vipers have their nest. It should have the size of Glow crater,

The obelisk - an obelisk, with a single Viper climbing to its upper end. It should have the size of Shady Sands obelisk.

Based on:
http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Fallout_Bible_6#The_Vipers
http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Vipers

More about the project here:
http://fo2077.blogspot.com/2010/12/post-testowy-22-12-2010-sroda.html

http://fo2077.blogspot.com/ (whole devblog)

and forum here:

http://www.wasteland2155.net/

---------------------
This whole topic is just great! Its sad that I have no graphics skill at all :/ I'm just a simple mapper :F

Continuum said:
I know. But if you'll change boat then you must change subbie, otherwise whole scene will still look like shit. Or perhaps Pixi meant adding exhaust pipes only... but I think is better to remove them. Personally I'd left all this subbie related crap as it is, since changing one thing will force you to change another... Even if you'll fix boat, and exterior scene, interior will still look like shit... :shrug:

Sorry for the delay - why not do both the boat and sub, but don't make it too smooth...I will admit there is too much noise on the interior of the sub, but that's life...and we are all grateful that you made it, so we forgive you... :wink:

@Rascal - Sorry I'm too busy.

.Pixote. said:
Sorry for the delay
Coincidence? :o

Been experimenting with it today...

subbiecopy.gif

So basically I want to move it into the greys... Also, I'll need to figure out how to access underwater section. Perhaps these WIPies will be useful... Or get rid off underwater section? Or perhaps this? But of course, no promises... Holy fucking shit... this whole subbie thingy was a truly epic (and crazy) project. Today I wouldn't even think about doing this kind of thing. Also, looks like image of the first version is still online...

*nostalgia*

.Pixote. said:
@Rascal - Sorry I'm too busy.
Me too...

You know, you wouldn't have this problem, if you would have kept the source files. :monocle:

Lexx said:
You know, you wouldn't have this problem, if you would have kept the source files. :monocle:

This might help - the sub I reconstructed for the RP...Conti wouldn't be Conti if he didn't throw away his files. :P

Lexx said:
That's good actually, since I could be tempted to expand it :ugly:

Besides, I'll trash this whole underwater thingy, and use original water (to keep things consistent).

I need those graphics:

rockst.png

As i beliieve its made by BGE team ? I tried to contact Jesterka (here on forum) and BGE team (via their www site) but no response... :(
Does anyone knows if those graphics were given as free to use by BGE team ? --> If yes, does anyone has it and can send me them?

thx in advance 4 help! cheers :)

Go for it - Mutants Rising are also using it. IMO any new art made for Fallout should be free for all - but- allow the creators to use it first in their mod, that's only fair...if their mod dies, then it's open for all.

I've made literally hundreds on new things for Mutants Rising, and after the game is released its free for all. The way I see it the more Fallout mods there are, the better. The sharing spirit of the Fallout modding community is important IMO. :wink:

I once saw a "jukebox" scenery graphic floating around somewhere. A shame I have missed it - because I can't find it again for the love of it. :(
I'd really need such a thing - maybe someone knows its location and can give me a link?

The only jukebox image I remember has been in a not 100% correct perspective and of mediocre quality.

Surf Solar said:
I once saw a "jukebox" scenery graphic floating around somewhere. A shame I have missed it - because I can't find it again for the love of it. :(
I'd really need such a thing - maybe someone knows its location and can give me a link?

There is one in the FMF Alpha release.

@ Lexx: I saw it on the russian FOnline board and I *think* here too somewhere, it was even animated and looked rather good.

Dude101 said:
Surf Solar said:

There is one in the FMF Alpha release.

Is it uploaded to some repo or on a server somewhere? I looked on that page http://www.fanmadefallout.com/?chapter=Links but ofcourse I am too dumb to find the actual file. :/

Why does no one post in this thread anymore! :( On page 2 of the subforum already... Bumping, then!

I've toyed a bit around today to make the usual desert enviroment a bit more varied and found a way to make rifts, small bunches of dirt/sand etc very easy. Even huge lakes can be made with a couple of clicks. Would there be interest in more of such similar things like this here?

desert2e0jq.png

It can be easily "filled up" with water too. Here's just some 20 seconds "animation" (yes I know it's no color swap like the usual water animations)

asdgeau.gif

Back