Scenery stuff and such...

Since I appear to be the only posting here, your fault!, I will spam more of this desert stuff. I was always bothered why the deserts looked so flat. A desert isn't all in the same angle all the time.

So, I tried to create more "dunes" and what not. Would anyone be interested in any of these here? I personally can't really use it for my own game, but I'd like to help on some of the original desert graphics, to improve myself in graphics etc...

desert1efkg.png

The circular "dunes" were basically some halftransparent shapes, the more advanced ones in "northeast" are somer 3d shapes I created and later slapped the textures of desert on. Then, I tried to apply good looking shadows.

The top left circle thingy looks the best, imo. The other are too specific, especially the long "sneaks" are strange looking. The thing in the top right corner looks pretty acceptable as well, especially the left side of it. The bottom and right side somehow doesn't fit and makes it look like some quare or so.

This is (literally!) a 20 seconds job - these can be easily done - maybe I make a tutorial since some people may be interested. So as you can see - quick photoshop mumbo jumbo with water! Add these in your encountermaps and let new crittertypes spawn out of them! :P

desert1kopie97iu.png

Anyway, yes, Lexx you are right. I feel the same about them. Will try to define the technique and then mass upload the stuff if people want it.

Ninjaedit: now that I see it, it looks likea fucking "<3" :D

Looks nice anyway. Wouldn't use it in Fo2, due to the tiles that needed splitting again, but in FOnline this could come handy. Any source file of that?

Yes, I will upload it in a bigger package later - all the pictures with a "full of water/dried out" alternative, aswell as the (I've made me some nice photoshop action) cutted tiles. So both FO2 and FOnline can profit of! If you want, I can ofcourse include the .psd files, so you can easily see what has been done there.

Eh? If you are implying I ripped the godzilla footstamp graphics - I did not. Though, the edges around it look much nicer than mine. But - I am not a professional and only do this for fun. ;) And no, I don't want to just copy something, I want to achieve my own stuff and progress, even though it means it doesn't look 100% good like the original.

Here's 2 .psd files:

http://www.zshare.net/download/94567440b53144f8/

http://www.zshare.net/download/945674555021dbcc/

http://www.abload.de/img/fgggh5yxo.png

They are quite messy, but I think you get the idea, Lexx. :P The water you have to add on your own in one of them.

Surf Solar said:
Eh? If you are implying I ripped the godzilla footstamp graphics - I did not.
I'd need to be completely blind to imply stuff like this. Maybe the most famous ripper and flipper will take a look at it in the near or distant future. Some original artwork based mini lakes would be nice...

Surf Solar said:
I want to achieve my own stuff and progress, even though it means it doesn't look 100% good like the original.
I wish you luck then :salute:

Continuum said:
Surf Solar said:
Eh? If you are implying I ripped the godzilla footstamp graphics - I did not.
I'd need to be completely blind to imply stuff like this. Maybe the most famous ripper and flipper will take a look at it in the near or distant future. Some original artwork based mini lakes would be nice...

If you're talking about me - then no thanks, but I think these little ponds could be useful.

I'm all about minilakes, my encounters are filled with 'em. Just tell what you need Conti ;).

I btw tried the waterfall tutorial you posted. Will post results soon. :)

That minilake you posted looks really nice Surf. But I don't recognize the desert environment in which it is, are these the usual desert tiles?

.Pixote. said:
If you're talking about me
Yes.

.Pixote. said:
no thanks
No problemo. Few days ago been thinking how to alter/recycle artworks from silly special encounters... like doing Glow like hole (some sort of entrance) from that fucking UFO :lol: But final conclusion was: it's better to get rid off them, since nothing interesting is there.

.Pixote. said:
I think these little ponds could be useful.
Indeed. I'd fix that silly foot-map. Hi hi hi.

Surf Solar said:
I'm all about minilakes, my encounters are filled with 'em. Just tell what you need Conti
Reasonable recycling of original stuff is ok, but custom artworks is the last thing visual side of Fallout needs - 95% of them don't meet requirements. It's the reasons why I stopped doing them. Oh well, another one is: everything what I need is already there thus I see no point to make custom art.

Posting it in here, cause it's related:

Did anyone ever managed it to save a graphic in frm format with working color swapping? I am trying to create a new campfire, but my 255 0 0 red color is always changed to 252 0 0, which is not the color I need.

Anyone got any ideas?

The animated colour palette is a pain in the arse, there is a thread around that discusses the animated colours, someone worked out how do it IIRC....

I also remember that there was a thread about it, but I couldn't find it anymore.

Back