Scenery stuff and such...

Discussion in 'Fallout General Modding' started by Continuum, Mar 24, 2009.

1. ntw

ntw First time out of the vault

May 21, 2009
    Speaking about the gloss, I did not mean the number of rust. I meant the brightness of the glare. Falloutish metals are mostly matte.

2. Ursa

Ursa First time out of the vault

Mar 8, 2009
    some of the new
    I tried to make the car from mad max
    more and less rusty version

you can use it as you want but please do not forget to specify the author or our project Olympus 2207

3. Gaspard

Gaspard Kasparov

May 7, 2009
  4. killap

killap Bear Dude Moderator Modder

May 16, 2005
    I love new graphics for Fallout.

5. jirik

jirik First time out of the vault

Apr 25, 2010
    Hmm.. it would be a great replacement for the default car texture, if it would be in correct angle.

6. .Pixote.

.Pixote. Carbon Dated and Proud
    Modder

Sep 14, 2009
    Marry me Ursa. I use to see that car on the streets of my city when I was a kid, without the machine guns. Do you have a copy with the blue background. :wink:

Ford Landau: They only made 1385 vehicles, so its rare.

7. Zaius238

Zaius238 Sunburn

Jul 14, 2007
    This. It would be awesome driving this machine with a character inspired in Max (wearing black leather jacket, of course 8-) ).

8. gvx

gvx First time out of the vault

Apr 4, 2008

good car

9. ntw

May 21, 2009
    Чувак, это охуенно. Желаю тебе успешно воплотить еще 100 объектов и пойти работать над вестлендом 2 ).

10. ntw

May 21, 2009
  11. tester123

tester123 It Wandered In From the Wastes

Aug 16, 2011
  12. .Pixote.

Modder

Sep 14, 2009
    First of all the ground texture isn't too bad. (Maybe crop it next time). :wink:

The problem is, the ground and the rest of the scenery don't blend in at all. When it snows it covers all the surfaces - roofs - walls - grass - rocks - junk, etc.

The actual ground tiles will require areas that look like paths through the snow, and other tiles that at just complete untouched snow, this is important to convince players that people have actually walked through the snow.

So everything that sits outside would require a snowed version, thats 100s of wall, roof tiles, and scenery artworks...good luck. It can be done, and would look great, but it will take a long time. :wink:

13. tester123

Aug 16, 2011
  14. .Pixote.

Modder

Sep 14, 2009
    There is no trick - you will need to take the scenery image to Photoshop and start painting a new layer with the white snow effect. Afterwards you need to convert the image into the Fallout palette and save it as a GIF. Use the Frame Animator to convert it into a FRM.

15. Surf Solar

Surf Solar So Old I'm Losing Radiation Signs

Aug 20, 2009
    Tester123 - those textures look familiar to me. ;)

Since you use the same textures as me let me tell you that only one of these used is a bit boring and tiring for the eye because of those small black dirtpiles - mix the one you used with textures where less of these small black thingies are on for more variety (or ones with fresh powder snow etc.)

As Pixote already said, you need to edit other scenery elements you want to place on the map aswell. Fallouts graphics weren't made with a color scheme that fits to snowy areas, so you have to manually create/edit the existing graphics by painting over snow piles on a wall, snow in the trees and such.

Also, as mentionend before, draw paths and such on the map to make it look less sterile and more interesting -

I am not perfect at it either but I am sure with some training you could make some good stuff with it.

16. tester123

Aug 16, 2011
    Yes, I inspired your work because you made it fantastic. And about scenery, yes I know and I will try "rebuild" them for ground tiles if I can.

I hope you are not nervous for me, I'm not copying your "stuff" but I can't keep doing nothing always when I see your map, so I must do something. ;) Hope, you finish and release your game early.

17. Surf Solar

Surf Solar So Old I'm Losing Radiation Signs

Aug 20, 2009
    Nah, it's cool, I am glad I you tried out the tips I gave you. :) If you want to make a small mod or game I can ofcourse share the snowy-sceneries and walls that I have ( I wanted to upload it to this thread here anyway). ;)

18. Altairp

Altairp First time out of the vault

Dec 7, 2011
    I have two questions.

1)Can I request a broken slot machine and a board (like the one in front of the NCR entrance) with "Welcome to New Arroyo" written in it?

2)How can I put new scenery (like this one ) into my mapper so I can use it?

19. alec

alec White heterosexual male Orderite

May 21, 2003
    This is so awesome. :clap:

20. .Pixote.

Modder

Sep 14, 2009
    That fish only has 1 head, it must be a fake...