Shadowrun returns (on kickstarter)

Discussion in 'General Gaming and Hardware Forum' started by Kull, Apr 4, 2012.

1. Gonzalez

Gonzalez Sonny, I Watched the Vault Bein' Built!

Aug 21, 2004
    Will wait until the end of the month for the credit on my credit card to reset, I'm coinsidering one of the higher tier donations.

2. naossano

naossano So Old I'm Losing Radiation Signs

Oct 19, 2006
    Five times the initial goal, now...

3. TorontoReign

TorontoReign Dummy oTO Staff Member Moderator Orderite

Apr 1, 2005
    My problem is the lack of mod support. Is the mod kit that hard to use?

4. naossano

Oct 19, 2006
    Didn't tried the modding kit, but it is announced to keep existing.
    Modders managed to port their SR mods into DF. They would probably manage to port them into HK.

5. TorontoReign

Apr 1, 2005
    I just wish the three games tied into one another more.

6. sea

sea Vault Senior Citizen

Oct 5, 2009
    The initial goal was really low. There was no way they weren't gonna make it. And the Kickstarter stretch goals are pretty aggressive in terms of promising lots of new cool content.

7. Gonzalez

Aug 21, 2004
    They havent reached all the "optional" goals. It was a good strategy, start low, aim high. They even stated right off the bat that even if they did not reach the intial goal they were still going to make the game, only not with as many features as they would have liked. Right fromt the start this kickstarter was more about upgrading a game in the making than "kickstarting" it.

8. TorontoReign

Apr 1, 2005
    True. They already have worked on the game for some time now...Kickstarter just gave it a little kick. That being said I don't care for the backer rewards, so I won't pledge anything.

9. Akratus

Akratus Bleep bloop.

May 14, 2011
    Yeah. If they offered a physical copy I might be interested. But my credit card isn't supported on Kickstarter anyway. Would love to have backed Wasteland 2, and especially Pillars of Eternity.

10. naossano

Oct 19, 2006
    550 000 $ goal reached.
    "Only" 150 000 $ more and we will get a Matrix revamp....

About the backer reward, i pledged just enough to have the game, which i believe will cost more afterward, (15$ is close to 12€. This feel really cheap for a game of that category), which also give the soundtrack of the three campagins. But the other pledges aren't really my taste.
    The game trilogy seems a nice reward too, but if you are willing to pay so much for helping the third game to be made, it is assumed that you tried at least one of the first two.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2015
  11. Gonzalez

Aug 21, 2004
    I just sucessfully pledged 500 u$d, guess my cred limit allowed it after all. Hell of a bill to pay next month tho, but it's not like I have to send my kids to collage or anything, so, whatever. Guess you'll be seeing my portrait in the game, and reading about my char in the novel.

12. Guiltyofbeingtrite

Guiltyofbeingtrite Vault Dweller

Oct 13, 2008
    Matrix mode could really use a revamp. I love the idea of playing a decker but the matrix was a complete, repetitive, chore. That and a lot more sidequests would do a lot for this game.

• [Like] [Like] x 3
  13. naossano

Oct 19, 2006
    They should implement better those sidequest IMO.

They felt like a distraction in DMS/DF.

In DMS, most of the game was the main plot, and you have 2-3 side missions coming from nowhere. They don't fill well with the rest of the game.
    In DF, there is more side mission, but once again, you have the main plot right from the start, and then you are in deep need of money, so you have to get side mission to get money for moving forward into the main plot. Even if they are well done, they feel like a distraction from what you are supposed to do.
    If they want to keep side mission, they should probably put more emphasis on them early on, and slowly introduce the main plot piece by piece. So instead of having side plots coming in the way of the main plot, you would have the main plots introduced amongs the side plots.

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  14. Gonzalez

Aug 21, 2004
    Only 67 hours until the end of the pledge and only 15k away from 1.000.000 and the extra short campaign. Can I persuade any of you to pledge for at least the basic one where you get a digital copy of the game at a lower price than in it's release?
    :deal:

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  15. SuAside

SuAside Testament to the ghoul lifespan
    Admin

May 27, 2004
    backers
    $1,003,613
    pledged of $100,000 goal
    hours to go

16. Gonzalez

Aug 21, 2004
    That was fast, the 1.000.000 goal and then some only after 11 hours. Another 4-5 ours of gameplay on top of everything else. Hurray.

17. SuAside

SuAside Testament to the ghoul lifespan
    Admin

May 27, 2004
    I hope they extend dialogue and "choice&consequence". The games are most lacking in those areas.

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  18. Gonzalez

Aug 21, 2004
    Work, my monkies, work. :P

19. naossano

Oct 19, 2006
    Two hours to go and it is very close to 1 200 000 $.

20. Kilus

Kilus Not Australian Orderite

May 3, 2003
    $1,204,726 final total.