Spiritual successor to Fallout?

Sweet,
Maybe InXile has two projects one Action\Adventure and the second
True Hard Core Falloutish Wasteland 2 :D Yam yam.
BTW only the blindman wouldn't notice that there's quite big market, which would embrace anything simmillar to the style of Fallout. And that there is smaller risk to release this type of game than another action RPG. Maybe there's still hope!

Sounds to good to be true, as "Madbringer" said though... I'll believe it when I see it.

I would feel allot better about this title though... if it is made.

That is some good news ,however i don't know if it is 100% True ...but i hope so !
i was also thinking about a spiritual successor to fallout after bethesda fucked fallout up .
Bioshock seems to be a good spiritual sequel to System Shock 2.
Inxile could also make a good spiritual sequel if they have learned from what bethesda has done wrong .
Troika games was also making such a thing but it got cancelled later : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xzYmQyHl2bc

Thank god Bioshock is coming out.

Maybe it'll make be forget about the nuclear catapult for a week or two.

A nuclear catapult. WTF? The instant I saw that, I lost all hope for Fallout3. Not that the orc/magical hammer combination wasn't enough to piss me off.

If this spiritual successor they're making is the action-RPG, then I would say don't get your hopes up again. Wasteland was about as action packed as an episode of "Everybody Loves Raymond"

Wasteland Ranger HQ-Grid said:
June 13, 2003: Brian Fargo and his new game company, inXile, acquire the rights to Wasteland with the United States Patent Office. Soon after, Mr. Fargo shows up at Snake Squeezins to ask for comments about the game from its loyal fans. He notes the reason he didn't get the rights sooner was that Electronic Arts was sitting on them. When they expired, Konami grabbed it for use with their Yu-Gi-Oh series, but they were kind enough to let him have the trademark back. And the new Wasteland will be "darker in nature than the first one," and touts that it will be "very much an old school RPG that uses the skill systems, open ended nature of design, and puts the player into a world that is not black and white but shades of grey." Soon after joining Squeezins, he bails out as others were cross-posting his posts to other forums, and I guess he didn't like that.

Four long years. About time something started happening wit dat shizzle.

Dagon said:
Sweet,
Maybe InXile has two projects one Action\Adventure and the second
True Hard Core Falloutish Wasteland 2 :D Yam yam.
BTW only the blindman wouldn't notice that there's quite big market, which would embrace anything simmillar to the style of Fallout. And that there is smaller risk to release this type of game than another action RPG. Maybe there's still hope!

No. Line Rider for the DS.

Best news I've heard in a long time.

I needed some considering all of the news coming out of the what-seems-to-be-abomination that is Fallout 3.

"very much an old school RPG that uses the skill systems, open ended nature of design, and puts the player into a world that is not black and white but shades of grey."
Sounds good!!!

Someone was talking about this a while back. Even it does come true though, it will so much different from Fallout, the Vault Boy won't be there :(. Then again, it will probably be much closer to Fallout then the creation of BS-corp.

Why the fuck you're all so excited about? If indeed Fargo is going to release a new PA game (whatever it might be), I have no doubt that it will be primarily oriented towards the console audience - and therefore it wont be any different than FOPOS or Beth's upcoming "FO3".

I think Fargo actually said few years ago that he stopped making PC games because they're not as profitable as console games.

If you have any doubts, simply look at his most recent "masterpiece"

I can't say I expect much at this point either. Still, this can be considered somewhat good news.

Jecrell said:
I can't say I expect much at this point either. Still, this can be considered somewhat good news.

Don't think so, but welcome anyway
hallo.gif

I will say this, after all of that buisness with dissapointment.
Hopes go up a little bit then sink way down lower than they ever could.
Call me manic but I just can't happy about this "rumor".
I still have an itchy trigger finger.

Since it's obvious that FO3 won't be spiritual successor of previous FO's, it would be nice to actually SEE someday game that deserves this title...
Still, hopes are not so big here.

Back