[Spoilers] Succeed where Bethesda writers failed

obviously no one has read I Am Legend in which a virus turns people into vampires it was a quite good book and does a lot to explain it. it could be a strain of FEV why would it be stupid? I notice that word gets used around here alot.

tnu said:
obviously no one has read I Am Legend in which a virus turns people into vampires it was a quite good book and does a lot to explain it. it could be a strain of FEV why would it be stupid? I notice that word gets used around here alot.

Who has used the word stupid and what makes you think no one read I am legend ?
Maybe some people here dont want vampires in Fallout at any cost but thats something different.
Vampires are very cliche ridden these days and absolutely overused.
Also someone should be careful with adding mindless and good/convinient to hate/shoot enemys into the Fallout seting. Thats why the feral Ghouls were a bad idea.
Ya know, its more interesting if motivations /needs from different sides clash into other than adding something like Zombies who serve no purpose than happy shooting.

Great stuff TGD, i think i would be perfectly OK with Fallout 3 if the story was anything like that, even despite the horrible engine, VATS etc etc.

If i were Beth i'd stop and ponder the fact that all it takes to top their level of writing is 3 days worth of labor of a dedicated fan, who did this for little more than the satisfaction of doing it. God damnit.

i'm not expecting vampires to be Always Chaotic Evil but all across the spectrum.but I owuld have loved a "vampiric" gameplay variation for the sake of roleplayign (I'm really in to vampires mostly old school Dracula, Carmilla, Varney that sort of thing) and ghouls are nothing like zombies actually. not actual zombies. the modern use is actually a misuse of the word. they resemble more closely ancient Slovak vampire myths.

tnu said:
i'm not expecting vampires to be Always Chaotic Evil but all across the spectrum.but I owuld have loved a "vampiric" gameplay variation for the sake of roleplayign (I'm really in to vampires mostly old school Dracula, Carmilla, Varney that sort of thing) and ghouls are nothing like zombies actually. not actual zombies. the modern use is actually a misuse of the word. they resemble more closely ancient Slovak vampire myths.

I would ove to say "get down from your high horse" but I am siting also on one so...
Look, I GM Star Wars, Vampire the Masquerade and Fallout. I like Vampires, yeah I do. However, they have absolutely no place in SW thats clear I hope. I like them but nope, has nothing to do with SW.

Fallout is something different. You can include well made and absolutely fiting Vampires, it aint easy but you can. I mean in a way wich fits into the whole theme.

If you dont care about the mood and theme you can include anything you want of course. Hey Vampiric supermutants with lightsabers, aint that cool ?
No its not because it turns Fallout into something different.
Adding Vampires and staying in Fallout, thats hard and easily screwd up and also not much needed.

Playing a Vampire in Fallout is absolutely the wrong direction. Sure you can also play a Werewolf in Star Treck and explain it with some whacky science but it ruins it. Its not Star Treck anymore.

ps : Camilla is indeed a very nice and mostly unknown Vampire story. I absolutely love it but leave it there where it belongs, Camilla/likes have no place in the wastland.

I've just read over The Dutch Ghost's post again and once again, I have to say, I really like it.

Takes all the shit from Fallout 3 and tries to transform it into something that makes sense. Such a mod really would be good to have. But damn... so much work.... or maybe not. Kicking out a lot shit is easy. Also most of the stuff is optical work with edited landscapes, etc. Other stuff is something that can be given to the player via terminals and notes, etc. Rest of the stuff for the main quest, etc. needs to be totally rewritten of course. That is dialogue, scripts and so on, while the scripting part looks pretty easy, as far as I can see.

Only problem is the Fallout 3 engine then. FNV doesn't change much, but what it changes is still better than it has been in Fallout 3 (iron sights, crafting, dialog editor in the GECK, etc).

Thanks for the praise Lexx.

I am glad that my idea is so well received but it must be said that this was based on what I would do with the assets of Fallout 3 if I was put in charge of the project.

Truth be told I would never even make a Fallout 3 like this if I was allowed to run such a project, preferring to make something more similar to Van Buren, Fallout Yurop or my idea for Fallout Texas.

A little bit of self promotion but I have written down another idea and have posted it in the 'Future Game Discussion' forum.

You might consider it as an alternative of what I would do with Fallout 3 if I had to make something on a similar scale.

http://www.nma-fallout.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=57020&start=20

I really like the system faction Dutch.
It really as a lot of opportunity for moral ambiguity and the angels of the apocalypse very much fit the setting and act as a fallback to dark ages.

Back