Sulik has the greatest dialog of all games

chipk

It Wandered In From the Wastes
In my opinion. Sulik has the greatest dialog out of every videogame. It's been 10 years since I played the originals, and I remember some of his quotes word for word.

I find him annoying and impotent. He doesn't even give you enough information to find the camp where sis is taken and what little he does give when you first meet him, he never repeats. Of course that is more of a problem with Fallout 1 and 2 in general: characters never repeating important information.

Mmmmm...., lol. I don't want to spoil it for you, but his sister isn't actually in the game.

And IIRC, he does repeat himself if you talk to him enough times..., but I don't remember.

The greatest dialogue in FO2 comes from Myron. It's the only reason I don't shoot that little weasel and why I always - always - drag him along with me and do everything I can to keep him alive.

Myron rocks.

alec said:
The greatest dialogue in FO2 comes from Myron. It's the only reason I don't shoot that little weasel and why I always - always - drag him along with me and do everything I can to keep him alive.

Myron rocks.

I agree, myron really is amazing.The way his dialogue change depending on your stats and skills is absolute magnificent.
Even though i hated the little rat, if it wasn't for his dialogue, he would have lived a lot shorter life. Hes so smuck and selfimportant.

I dunno, some of Planescape's dialogues were pretty awesome.
Revel, Dakkon, Morte, the end boss, your three incarnations...

All the voices in Fallout 1-2 are professional. However, think about Morpheus in Fallout 1 for a second. His lines radiate intelligence fear, intimidation and mistery at the same time. As far as character complexity is concerned, he is far above Sulik. As far as voice acting is concerned, they are both outstanding, it is a matter of taste

Szeder said:
All the voices in Fallout 1-2 are professional. However, think about Morpheus in Fallout 1 for a second. His lines radiate intelligence fear, intimidation and mistery at the same time.

He's also Jon Irenicus in BG2. He's pretty scary.

In the Fallouts I think I'd say Tony Jay's Lieutenant for the voice and Set for the writing. Grim Fandango has some stellar writing and voice work too, though, and I have a soft spot for Jennifer Hale wherever she appears (maybe except Bastila).

Sorry to mention Fallout Tactics, but R. Lee Ermey!!

Fallout Tactics was my first Fallout, so I like it.

Per said:
He's also Jon Irenicus in BG2. He's pretty scary.

Oh my, I did not even realise it up till now..... Also it is notable that Tony Jay was also a member of the Royal Shakespeare Company.

Even now, one is baffled by the amount of professionalism put into Fallout 1 and 2.

Edit: He was also The Transcendent One (Torment) and Kresselack (Icewind Dale)*

BIS never stops to amaze me...

*Taken from Wikipedia

Dragula said:
The one that does Harold does Ignus, that's pretty awesome.

That "one" is called Charlie Adler, a gifted voice actor. He voiced both Harolds (Fallout 1 and 2) AND the Red Guy in Cow and Chicken. He is also responsible for the voice acting of several cartoons.....

Edit: What am I saying, he voiced all three characters in Cow in Chicken. Cow, Chicken and the Red Guy. They all have quite distinct voices mind you....

Szeder said:
That "one" is called Charlie Adler, a gifted voice actor. He voiced both Harolds (Fallout 1 and 2) AND the Red Guy in Cow and Chicken. He is also responsible for the voice acting of several cartoons.....
That is his name indeed. And indeed he is very gifted, I dont belive I stated the opposite anywhere?

Dragula said:
Szeder said:
That is his name indeed. And indeed he is very gifted, I dont belive I stated the opposite anywhere?

Seeing I haven't played FO3, can someone tell me if Adler did the voice for Harold there as well? I've heard the excerpts from FO3 (Harold), but had my doubts about whether or not it was him.

Anyone?

Yup, Mr. Adler did not provide Harold's voice in FO3. Considering Harold's state in FO3, the voice acting is pretty OK in that part of the game, compared to some of the mediocrity in other places.

Szeder said:
Dragula said:
The one that does Harold does Ignus, that's pretty awesome.

Edit: What am I saying, he voiced all three characters in Cow in Chicken. Cow, Chicken and the Red Guy. They all have quite distinct voices mind you....

Correct me if I'm wrong, I don't have an encyclopedic knowledge of the voice credits for any of the Fallout games, but didn't Adler voice segments of The Master's voice? You know, the clipped, vicious portion?

Also, I remember he voiced the trio's instructor in the Nickelodeon cartoon, Ah! Real Monsters!

I watch far too many cartoons.

Back