Team Fortress 2

• Thread starter Thread starter WelcomeToNewReno
  • Start date Start date
W

WelcomeToNewReno

Oddly enough, we've never had a thread about this. So let's talk about TF2.

I'm still bitter about that Enforcer nerf. The Enforcer was the only reason I played Spy. Oh well, back to Engineer and Pyro with me.

Ever fortified the Intel room @ 2Fort using the Engie w/ Jag and Frontier Justice?

It may be cheap, but you score kills like nothing, and the games wins itself. Works every time for me.

And that's why 2Fort's the most underrated and gloriously overplayed map in the whole goddamn game.

I like rocketjumping and shooting things with the heavy, especially like the payloadraces

The problem I have with 2fort is that it's a big stalemate. It's okay to level up stranges, I guess.

And yeah, Rocket jumping is fun as hell. I love going on Hightower. It's the perfect map for jumpers.

Is this game still free to play? I might just download it then, to see what all this fuzz is about.

Yeah. But you only get 50 backpack slots, can't offer items in a trade, and that's about it. If you just want to play the game, this is for you.

I liked the original. I may get this if people are still playing.

People are always playing TF2 Toront. I am a free player and I almost always find crates. Not that I can even sell them to the people that apparently want them.

I like my small crate stack, I've only opened two on a whim and both had crap but I still keep 'em around as I very rarely get them.

Tons of people still play this game, the constant promotions in other games and the Valve name behind it mean TF2 ain't gonna run outa steam for a while.

Beeing playing TF2 quite a lot since it became F2P, later upgraded to "full game". Favourite classes soldier medic and scout. Spycicle + dead ringer is the most infuriating thing in the game. (killing those spys is a real chore even with a pyro)

Hacking was popular at some point at public servers but has quieted down a lot i think. ( last time i saw a hacker was a week ago.)

I was on a Hightower server and saw 8 mini sentries lined up in a row. I saw the guy who made them and asked him why he needed to cheat to have fun. He said he donated to the server. It was a premium feature.

I got right the fuck out of that server.

I played hundreds of hours of TF2. Then they made micro-transactions and ruined the game.

So will I at least stand a chance on free to play, or will I most likely be fucked, and want to upgrade anyway? It sounds like the paid players could simply put up a bunch of badass turrets and watch the fireworks...

Actually, it's easier and cheaper to be patient as an F2P player, or to have bought the game some time before F2P.

TorontRayne said:
So will I at least stand a chance on free to play, or will I most likely be fucked, and want to upgrade anyway? It sounds like the paid players could simply put up a bunch of badass turrets and watch the fireworks...

That's not dependent on the game really, that's just the case of that server hosted by someone who needs donations to keep it running, and gives incentive to players for it. Yeah it's lame, but you might as well just search for another server then.

Dario ff said:
TorontRayne said:

That's not dependent on the game really, that's just the case of that server hosted by someone who needs donations to keep it running, and gives incentive to players for it. Yeah it's lame, but you might as well just search for another server then.

I got ya. I will be downloading this tonight for sure. It will probably take awhile with my connection.

I usually play with default gear and do quite well, well apart from my Degreaser, Axtinguisher, Reserve Shooter combo on my Pyro that's cheap as hell but oh so fun. Took a while to get as I don't weapon trade or buy weapons.
Anyway, most gear is a sidegrade rather than straight up better apart from some items where they fluffed up the balance so F2Pers and new players should be fine.

Yeah i would say most of the default starting gear is the best all around gear. There are few items that i personally think are straight up upgrades but nothing so OP that could be classified as cheat gear.

Playing it since 2007. It's pretty cool if you play with people who actually understand the concept behind TEAM fortress and proper team ballance. You can have some intense action. Though i despise playing with talketive teenagers! Not that i don't kick their ingame asses anyway, but i just hate the squeeky, annoying noises they make when they open their damn mouths.

Back