Tell me about "your" Fallout game

Yeah, the Khans are barely like the mongols, apart from their appearance.
Which always sort of bothered me.

I also always found it odd you had to get a book about the Khans to inspire the Khans to live like the Khans, if you want to get the good ending where the Khans leave the Mojave and start an empire in Wyoming and the rest of the north west.

Which always sort of bothered me.

I also always found it odd you had to get a book about the Khans to inspire the Khans to live like the Khans, if you want to get the good ending where the Khans leave the Mojave and start an empire in Wyoming and the rest of the north west.
Maybe they just took the name of a Bikie gang in the original and stuck with it?

Also, because you're here, don't forget that the Legion is not stupidly evil because of how brutal they are.

Maybe they just took the name of a Bikie gang in the original and stuck with it?

Also, because you're here, don't forget that the Legion is not stupidly evil because of how brutal they are.
It still seems kinda weird. But that whole quest was weird in general.

No, the Legion is stupidly evil because they do those things to achieve a goal they could easily reach without doing them, and thus, are doing it simply because they can and its easy, which is stupidly evil.

Though you could skip the books and just inspire them to make their own legacy without needing to live up to the past. The lore does indicate that the Khans in New Vegas are probably a mix of former Khans and people who wanted to be part of a strong but fair gang. Not sure if they knew of previous incarnations of the Khans though.

Don't bother with Greed there. It thinks that tribals are not a valid form of communities in the settings and sees them as failed communities. It will never open its mind to the idea that the Legion are not stupidly evil since the Legion apparently performs brutal evulz for the lulz (plus I can understand why the Legion does these things and I'm not even a Legion supporter).

No, the Legion is stupidly evil because they do those things to achieve a goal they could easily reach without doing them, and thus, are doing it simply because they can and its easy, which is stupidly evil.
a) What goal is this and why doesn't it need it (keeping in mind that not every nation does things the most efficient way like you expect them to)
b) So... doing it the easy way is evil? The fuck!?

a) What goal is this and why doesn't it need it (keeping in mind that not every nation does things the most efficient way like you expect them to)
b) So... doing it the easy way is evil? The fuck!?
A. The goal of forcibly absorbing anyone who isn't them, and killing everyone who resists? All of which can be, and has been, easily done by the Legion, even without mindless crucifixions and backstabbing every other group they come across?
B. When the easy was is "just kill everyone who doesn't immediately bend knee" yeah, its evil.

Some things 'my' fallout game would have.

No essential NPC's, excluding followers (which can be turned off if you want).

NV dialogue, or better.

Ensuring the guns are canon to fallout 1-2, and maybe add some more like NV did, none of that non-canon FO4 bullshit.

Weapon mods are in...But hear me out...They work like NV, not that excuse of a software called Fallout 4.

Armour is FO1-2 DT/DR mix, with separate damage types (laser,plasma,normal,explosive,etc)

Rad Scorpions are reddish again, like FO1-2.

No more albino deathclaws, Gorris was literally the only one due to the FEV he has being weird.

Must include Gorris!!!!

No more albino deathclaws, Gorris was literally the only one due to the FEV he has being weird.

Must include Gorris!!!!
Oddly enough, Goris was initially stated to be deceased in the setting only to have him reappear as a guest character in the online series Nuka Break, with cameos by Chris Avellone and Tim Cain.

I guess that means they're alright with Goris still being alive in the setting.

Oddly enough, Goris was initially stated to be deceased in the setting only to have him reappear as a guest character in the online series Nuka Break, with cameos by Chris Avellone and Tim Cain.

I guess that means they're alright with Goris still being alive in the setting.

I recall the 'no more inteligent deathclaws' statement, but that's a bit of a copout, we never see them die, so that's not fair to drop a bridge on them.

The gene only works for male deathclaws IIRC (unless I am mistaken), and there's always a lot of females to go around~

A. The goal of forcibly absorbing anyone who isn't them, and killing everyone who resists? All of which can be, and has been, easily done by the Legion, even without mindless crucifixions and backstabbing every other group they come across?
B. When the easy was is "just kill everyone who doesn't immediately bend knee" yeah, its evil.
A. Please tell me how oh mighty genius! Tell me how to quickly absorb warring and competing cultures into a strongly unified force that forgets cultural ties and is loyal only to the Legion. By the way, crucifixions are merely a form of punishment, like hanging and shooting.
B. But it's not unrealistically or stupidly evil.

Well, the Romans let cultures keep their traditional beliefs but asked them to worship Rome's gods among them as well as indulge in their culture. Most abandoned said culture for Romans very quickly because it was more comfortable and organized.

The Romans got a bad rap for doing otherwise because the Druids and Jewish people really really were not down with this.

Amusingly, Caesar is really not at all Roman-like in many ways.

Set it on a region far away from the ones already explored.
Not use any of the factions from the previous games.
Even refrain from use localized terms like Ghoul and Super Mutant for creatures.
Leave old world organizations as background.
Focus on all new factions and their struggles.
Have zero appearances from npcs from past games.

Set it on a region far away from the ones already explored.
Not use any of the factions from the previous games.
Even refrain from use localized terms like Ghoul and Super Mutant for creatures.
Leave old world organizations as background.
Focus on all new factions and their struggles.
Have zero appearances from npcs from past games.

So, what makes it Fallout?

The setting? What made the first game fallout? Pre existing icons? no, they made their own status quo while using the setting.

So, what makes it Fallout?
It's not about "icons" but about using them right. See: Dead Money and how it takes most of these icons, but doesn't make them focal and instead make the characters more interesting.
You have Pre-War ruin, BOS, Super Mutant, ghoul and "crazy science old man" yet it surpasses any attempt of writing by Bethesda.
Why? Becouse they get Pre-War ruin, BOS, Super Mutant, ghoul and "crazy science old man" and leave them to be admired in a table.

I'm sure that a Fallout can be called as such if it keeps everything out of the overused iconography

How about a Fallout in Australia?

With giant mutant snakes/spiders, sharks, bipedal crocodiles, and shit? XD

Fuck it.

We need sapient killer emus.

How about a Fallout in Australia?

With giant mutant snakes/spiders, sharks, bipedal crocodiles, and shit? XD

Fuck it.

We need sapient killer emus.

Was a good game.

Mad_Max_2015_video_game_cover_art.jpg

It was shit in terms of character creation.

No freedom at all!

:)

Back