Thanksgiving: Count your blessings about FO3

Nodder

It Wandered In From the Wastes
* They didn't set it in the West Coast, and thus when they did tamper with the lore it was all about splinter groups like the Capital Wasteland BoS and the CW Enclave who never existed in FO2 and older games.

I wouldn't really call any of those 'blessings.' More like 'IP expansion laziness.' Sure, have remnants of the government, but there's no reason to call them "Enclave." Sure, have junk-metal knight-types (new setting, so...whatevz) just don't call them "Brotherhood of Steel." That sort of term recycling, with serious disregard for canon, is not a blessing if the game is set in a different region than the previous games.

* Made me appreciate FO1/2 and play through them over again =)
*Made me appreciate the hard work put into The Witcher more than I used to.

^ Not bad =) But hey, you leveled incredibly slow... It took me about half that...

I guess I should add this to the list:

*Spawned some of the most awesome flame wars after release =)))

*Good music on the radio
*Hearing the super mutants talk among themselves while sneaking up on them

Ausdoerrt said:
* Made me appreciate FO1/2 and play through them over again =)
*Made me appreciate the hard work put into The Witcher more than I used to.

Exactly what I was going to write! :clap:

I dusted off my Fallout 1 copy and am having a great time with it again. After this I'll go with FO 2 and the Witcher, this time being a buddy of Siegfried.

What Bethesdas' by the numbers RPG really brought home is just how much you can feel the care and attachment of the makers of FO and Witcher to their games. The Witcher is pretty unique for a modern game in that the developers bothered to not only release patches, but totally overhaul the game, give it better voice acting etc. for free! Can you imagine Beth doing something like this?

*made me want to play previous Fallouts again, and made me appreciate they exist

*funny Super Mutant's talk (even that they sound too retarded)

*I'm appreciate to see a proof, for how stupid games have become

-it wasn't in the west coast, so at least the pain isn't AS huge when i play it.(with mods)

-made me appreciate originals.

-vault 101 was dead when i left it.

-using a sledgehammer to rework LL leaders attitude.

* made me quit playing after reading this forum (realising how different it was from the former ones)
*made me play 1 and 2 (and made them portable)
*made me install arcanum and realising even that's better O.0

*hoping the G.E.C.K will make this game a paradise

*made me play 1 and 2
II must say the very first screenshot made me look into and eventually play Fallout 1 and 2. Hopefully there are more people like us and this game will introduce people to the REAL games of the series.

* You can sell children into slavery.

* Even the DC Superfriends BoS is portrayed a bit as a pack of dicks.

* Ghouls not dumbed down.

* Repair system is a basically good idea.

* No wiki-links dialogue.

* Fallout 3 has by far the largest city location of any Fallout game.
* Fallout 3 introduces new exciting East Coast factions and powers, such as the Commonwealth, the Railroad, or the Talon Company.
* Fallout 3 allows players to roam the land freely and discover dungeons on their own, without the need to take orders from NPCs.

[size=x-small]worms in my brain get them out[/size]

Back