The "Bald Dude" Mod!

Discussion in 'Fallout General Modding' started by PastaMasta, May 4, 2009.

1. Josan12

Josan12 Vault Senior Citizen

Oct 15, 2007
    Awesome-ness, guys. Just awesome. And i know how much work that was so all i can say is :salute: and :clap:
    I never thought even the Long Hair Dude would be possible a year ago. And now look! No less than 3 playable dudes!
    I'm sure he's dead-on and i'm looking forward to playing him soon.

You read my mind. I even forgot to ask you to do this. On the ball, x'il :ok:

Smoking animations for baldie will come soon. Hopefully Sniper and Waki animations also but not soon.

@ Killap - I'd like to suggest that in honour of all these new dudes
    we put in a barber character (maybe a random encounter) in the RP where the player can get his haircut and change dude model in-game. (if this can be scripted, that is - Mash/Nirran??)
    What do you think?

2. PastaMasta

PastaMasta Mildly Dipped

Sep 25, 2008
    The loveable slaphead works perfectly so far, awesome awesome awesome. Good work everyone on the insane ammount of time work and effort that went into making this PC possible. :)

3. killap

killap Bear Dude Moderator Modder

May 16, 2005
    Something like this already exists in RP 2.x Has someone not been playing the new RP releases? ;) :P

4. Josan12

Josan12 Vault Senior Citizen

Oct 15, 2007
    :oops:
    Too much time modding and not enough time playing. I'm sure you know what i mean, Killap ;)

5. Jotisz

Jotisz Mildly Dipped

Aug 28, 2007
    Nice work guys, now we have 3 playable chars. :clap:
    I'm looking forward to play the RP as bald dude.

6. Hellburn

Hellburn First time out of the vault

Apr 14, 2010
    What about afroamerican? And female redhead? And female blonde? And female punk :P??
    THAT would be AWESOME!

Not that I'm not grateful for the work you have done so far... You do amazing job.
    But instead of recoloring characters could you do more *new* characters?

7. x'il

x'il Water Chip? Been There, Done That

Mar 3, 2009
    That's never gonna happen. :shrug:

What do you mean by *new*? Also, there's various non-recolor critters already; the ones from long hair and bald dude (that's 10 non-recolors for you), the ones from the NPC armor mod (that's like 10 more), and there's also a few more here.

8. killap

May 16, 2005
    Mr. Blackie (aka afroamerican) might happen someday. I know Pixote has plans to work on it.

EDIT:
    Found a minor issue with the mod. It appears that there is only _HMJMPSPJ.FRM (set J) for the jump suit and not the other armor types. This applies only to the new sniper animations from Josan12. You're just using the standard rifle animations but renamed, yes?

9. x'il

Mar 3, 2009
    Ah yes, that might get done as well as/or the redhead female, but i meant more about the lot he mentioned.

Ahhh... just checked and you're right, that particular placeholder set (which uses the standard rifle set) for Josan's P set (sniper) is "missing" the single shot animation (PJ) for all but the jumpsuit... well, actually it's not missing it's just incorrectly named (must have happened when i batch re-named those placeholder sets): instead of being xxxxxPJ they're named xxxxxPP...

Re-uploading the whole thing would be a pain just to correct 4 wrongly named placeholder FRM's, so here's a quick fix instead:

http://www.mediafire.com/?m221m3orc8waozb

So, anyone who intends to use the Bald Dude in combination with Josan12's extra weapon animation sets should download this fix. :)

EDIT: :lol: hah, the fix was incorrectly named too... it's been corrected and there's a new download link. :P

10. .Pixote.

.Pixote. Venerable Relic of the Wastes
    Modder

Sep 14, 2009
    Dont worry Mr. Blackie will happen...I've built the action to recolor him, but it can't be batched, so it's one frame at a time...and there's 50,000+ frames. :crazy: I need to help the guys at MR for while, but when I have some spare time I'll start. By the way Killap will the Vault Boxer make it into RP 2.2...he'll box yah if you say no. :mrgreen:

11. killap

May 16, 2005
    Yeah, probably. I would include them in 2.1.2, but I don't want to mess with it anymore. Feature creep always plagues my releases. :P

12. pelicano

pelicano It Wandered In From the Wastes
    Modder

Jun 14, 2008
    This has the potential of being the best mod since sfall.

Congratulations to all people involved.

13. lisac2k

lisac2k Vault Senior Citizen
    Modder

Oct 26, 2004
    Looking the way everything is going right now... It shouldn't be long before we can play normal/longhaired/bald afroamerican dude.

Praise the x'il's batches! :wink:

14. Ardent

Ardent A Smooth-Skin
    Modder

Jul 24, 2009
    The bald dude is awesome! Excellent work, people! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

And many thanks for your dedication and hard work!

15. valcik

valcik So Old I'm Losing Radiation Signs

Dec 20, 2008
    I'm playing the RP with bald dude and have noticed small inconsistence in the Leather Armor animation.
    In the first frame of "scratching-bald-head" animation (_HMLMK2AA.frm; facing SE), there is dark-coloured right shoulder:

However, in the last frame of "magic hands" animation (_HMLMK2AL.frm; facing SE), the same right shoulder is light-coloured:

It's blinking in-game, when those two animations are following.
    (And thanks again for your great work, gentlemen. This is definitely my favourite hero appearance!)

16. Makenshi

Makenshi Ahoy, ye salty dogs!

Jul 28, 2006
    Just a question: this bald dude critter is used in place of the regular Chosen One, so it has all animations for all weapons, etc etc, right?

Is it possible to use it to replace Cassidy as well, so that Cassidy can use all weapons like in the B-Team mod? Same for the long hair dude (replacing Vic, for example) and, in the future, for the black dude (definitely replacing Vic, imo)?

17. x'il

Mar 3, 2009
    Then it's in the original default leather armor as well (there are many, many little 'errors' like that in the original animations if you start to look closely), only thing different between them is the head. :shrug:

Not really 'in place' (as in overwritting) but in 'parallel' (as an alternate option). And yes of course, it has all animations.

Yes, it is possible.

18. II Snake II

II Snake II First time out of the vault

Aug 21, 2010
    Excellent job x'il as usual :clap: !

I make a character image for the bald dude, I like the precedent of Pixote but it's less corresponds with the model. I make one without the mustache and without the blink of an eye.

19. killap

May 16, 2005
    Actually, an image similar to the one you made was already done. It was the first image suggested. Personally, it looked like the player underwent years of chemo and I think others felt this way too. But yeah, I agree that the image used in the RP (the one with the mustache) doesn't truly match the in-game model.

20. .Pixote.

.Pixote. Venerable Relic of the Wastes
    Modder

Sep 14, 2009
    I built the normal chrome dome dude, but there was a concensus that he didn't look 'tough' enough, or something. :roll: I don't mind which image is used. Thanks any way II Snake II.