The Institute's Plan

Discussion in 'Fallout 4' started by CT Phipps, Aug 1, 2018.

1. CT Phipps

CT Phipps Venerable Relic of the Wastes

Sep 17, 2016
    Given they directly control Diamond City through its Mayor, I don't think you can pull that off with a Mr. Handy.

2. Walpknut

Walpknut This ghoul has seen it all

Dec 30, 2010
    What exactly did they gain from "taking control of diamond city" exactly? A barber?

• [Rad] [Rad] x 1
  3. Black Rose

Black Rose Bring me to life

Dec 5, 2018
    This actually makes a ton of sense because nobody questions the motives of a Mister Handy or Miss Nanny, despite them also being able to have complex thoughts, such as Curie.

4. R.Graves

R.Graves Confirmed Retard

Apr 21, 2016
    REEEE

even fallout 3 knew that mister handy's ran on basic ai routines.

• [Rad] [Rad] x 1
  5. Walpknut

Walpknut This ghoul has seen it all

Dec 30, 2010
    None of the robots should have complex thoughts, but Bethesda already torched the canon beyond recognition, so eh....

6. Black Rose

Dec 5, 2018
    Might as well try to make some sense out of it, despite how little that is.

7. R.Graves

Apr 21, 2016
    we used to think the same thing but then we collectively realized that you can't make sense of nonsense and if bethesda doesn't care then we probably shouldn't either. that's why we're still on this obscure forumn lamenting the death of a franchise that everyone else thinks is thriving.

8. Black Rose

Dec 5, 2018
    Ha ha! Well, I've tried, but no use giving myself a headache. Seriously, since I've been playing the first one I've noticed lore breaking seems to be their thing. I could accept if they wanted to change a few things here and there, but they change lore that was perfectly fine initially. And they are either very vague about it or don't even bother to explain shit. Reminds me of GOW. Super fun for me to play, but they fucked up Greek mythology so badly.

9. R.Graves

Apr 21, 2016
    yeah but that was series that was literally about beating greek mythology to death.

they break their own lore too. like a lot.

a good example is one of the lesbain ghouls in underworld describe the ghoulification process as taking weeks or months. but in the same game they have insta-ghoul moria.

or how the capital wasteland "super mutants" are bred in the western side of the map but infest the east side.

10. KillerBee256

KillerBee256 Still Mildly Glowing

Oct 31, 2008
    It always seemed to me that villains in any Bethesda game are morons. The institute can quickly create grown human beings. If they want to Rule the commonwealth they could create an army of solders. Then offer settlements protection, economic and technological aid for accepting institute authority, basically feudalism but with clean running water. Given the state of things we see in game I think many people in the Boston area would make that deal.
    Edit: I read Isaac Asimov's foundation series a few years ago, if you can't tell.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2019
  11. Alternative School

Alternative School First time out of the vault

Aug 9, 2019
    Because the Institute are essentially just another leftover from the pre-war government no different than the Enclave, the Brotherhood or Big Mountain. Why conduct needlessly cruel experiments on humans? Why murder people just because they have tech that rivals you? Why make robot scorpions? Because the Pre War US government is a cross between Nazi Germany the very worst of the CIA and their descendants are just terribly stupid versions of the original already crappy product that's why.