The Obligatory "What are you listening to" Thread

Ah, just a typo.

1812 was composed by Tchaikovsky. My favourite version is with Vladimir Ashkenazy conducting the St. Petersburg Philharmonic Orchestra and Chamber Choir, and the Leningrad Military Orchestra.

The William Tell Overture was composed by Gioachino Rossini. The finale is used all the time for chase scenes in popular culture, probably because it was the theme for the Lone Ranger. I think it sounds great with a top brass band. It is preceeded with a section that is overly used for daybreak/morning that I think everyone would know, Ranz des vaches (call to the dairy cows).

In current usage overture usually refers to a first predictably structured piece of orchestral music to introduce a full-length dramatic work, such as for the opera William Tell. It's actually more complicated than that, and can mean other things, such as a similar stand-alone piece. However, an overture cannot be a symphony. A music student might like to go into the subtleties.

Now I am listening to the sound of rain pattering on my roof, water dripping onto the window sill, thunder, and the competition between my protesting computer fan and the elements.

Ahh sorry for the typo.... I'm now listening to The Great Kat entire CD collection.... Flight Of the Bumble Bee sounds great speed metal style W00T!

Urgehal - Raise the Symbols of Satan

UEEEAAAARRRRRGHHHH GRR GRRRRAAAA BUM BUM BUM BUM BZZZZ

\,,/

Tommy Emmanuel - Working Man Blues

"Sometimes I think about leavin', do a little bummin' around.
I wanna throw my bills out the window, catch a train to another town.
But I go back workin'. Gotta buy my kids a brand new pair of shoes.
And I drink my beer in a tavern, and sing a little bit of these workin' man blues."

Iron Maiden: Hallowed be Thy Name

10mmCurator said:
Ahh sorry for the typo.... I'm now listening to The Great Kat entire CD collection.... Flight Of the Bumble Bee sounds great speed metal style W00T!

Try and find a song called "Sting of the Bumblebee" by Manowar, if you enjoyed that one..

It's another very heavy remake of that classic tune.
I believe it was on their "Kings of Metal" album...

:)

Nightwish - Eva

I'm quite looking forward to their new album, so far I like their new singer better than Tarja.

Back