The Obligatory "What are you listening to" Thread

Cannibal Corpse isn't grindcore, it's just really bad Death Metal.

Carpathian Forest is winnar.

I'm listening to "Awaken Mustakrakish" by Dethklok.

EDIT:

"Duncan Hills Coffee", also by Dethklok, has to be the best song ever.

Stag said:
Cannibal Corpse isn't grindcore, it's just really bad Death Metal.
Cannibal Corpse is grindcore to the max. Really.
Oh, and sucky.

Stag said:
w
I'm listening to "Awaken Mustakrakish" by Dethklok.

EDIT:

"Duncan Hills Coffee", also by Dethklok, has to be the best song ever.
I can't wait for the Dethklok album. Gene Hoglan on the drums, weeeee.

Now listening: Raise the Knife by Dream Theater

Sander said:
Oh, and sucky.

I think you're confusing Cannibal Corpse with Napalm Death here, matey. :b CC is death metal, with some (small) grind influences in their earlier albums, which can be attributed to poor and repetitive song structures presented on them. They're still nothing close to "pure" grind bands like Cock and Ball Torture or Anal Cunt, however.

And yes, Carpathian Forest rulez. 8)

np: Bloodstained Dusk - The Infernal Praise

The White Flash by Modeselektor (featuring Thom Yorke) from the forthcoming album "Happy Birthday" (press release :D )

Madbringer said:
Sander said:
Oh, and sucky.

I think you're confusing Cannibal Corpse with Napalm Death here, matey. :b CC is death metal, with some (small) grind influences in their earlier albums, which can be attributed to poor and repetitive song structures presented on them. They're still nothing close to "pure" grind bands like Cock and Ball Torture or Anal Cunt, however.

I've come to the conclusion that genre labeling has become a matter of personal preference. :p

metalboss44 said:
Madbringer said:
Sander said:
Oh, and sucky.

I've come to the conclusion that genre labeling has become a matter of personal preference. :p

just like any set of "art" descriptors, the lines are blurred and vague at best. There are some specifics though, even if they're abused,and ignored.

Infected Mushroom - Gamma Goblins

Back