The Obligatory "What are you listening to" Thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion Forum' started by Vault-Dweller, Jan 31, 2005.

1. Traplord209

Traplord209 It Wandered In From the Wastes

Aug 27, 2022
  2. william dempsey

william dempsey Veteran of the psychic wars. [REDACTED]

Jan 23, 2022
  3. TorontoReign

TorontoReign ⛧卐⛧ Staff Member Moderator [REDACTED]

Apr 1, 2005
  4. william dempsey

william dempsey Veteran of the psychic wars. [REDACTED]

Jan 23, 2022
    DEVO banned their video from playing outside of main Youtube. I never expected that.

Hairbear bunch

Well you learn somethin new everyday. Not come across Kansas before.

5. mobucks

mobucks jetski Orderite

May 22, 2010
    What the hell happened to black mainstream music? Even Beyawnse sold out. Where is todays Boys 2 Men? I guess it's easier to shoot each other in the streets if all you hear is shibalee boppily doobidly moppily mumble rap. What a tragedy.

6. TorontoReign

Apr 1, 2005
    They exist on the current pop charts dude. You are just out of touch. I turned on the current hits and felt out of touch too. Music is the same as it was 20 years ago.

I only know this because I have a brother that is 20 years younger than I am give or take.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2022
  7. Traplord209

Aug 27, 2022
    Drake, Kendrick, Lizzo, Doja Cat, also I don't really know any beyonce songs where she talks about gangbanging. LOL. not sure if joking but yeah there's gangster rappers there's also just regular black people making music too though.

8. mobucks

mobucks jetski Orderite

May 22, 2010
    I listen to the radio any time I'm in the car. Maybe it's the area I'm in. Soul is not played here at all.

EDIT: Show me some soulful 2022 black music then. I guarantee it's not on the radio.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2022
  9. Traplord209

Aug 27, 2022
    About damn time is number 3 on billboard right now though... I don't really care for the song but it's black music and it ain't rapping and it ain't talking about violence either.

10. TorontoReign

Apr 1, 2005
    Probably not.

11. mobucks

mobucks jetski Orderite

May 22, 2010
    Again, what happened to black music. You mention an obese black woman, glorifying obesity, saying "bitch" in every verse and THEY are in the top billboards? What happened to black music on the radio? It's terrible.
    Not saying everything has to sound like oldey timey motown, but even R. Kelly had a positive message in his songs and that dude is a creep. The stuff these days seems to pump all bad messages.

12. TorontoReign

Apr 1, 2005
    Hey listen man music on the radio is like transformers in the theater. Real music is not making lots of cash. There are still jazz musicians. People have shit taste. You are getting old.

• [Rad] [Rad] x 2
  13. Traplord209

Aug 27, 2022
    I mean I guess. You mention having a good message in the song, I feel like the message of that song is that you shouldn't be depressed just because you're fat. It's preferable to typical pop music because it's actually saying something. It's also very rare someone who's not insanely attractive becomes famous. I find it interesting that this person just looks like any random person one might see on the street. I've never had a weight problem so I don't really know but I imagine there's not a lot of content like that for these people.

14. mobucks

mobucks jetski Orderite

May 22, 2010
    I don't worry about the people our age I worry about the kids listening to it now.

RnB is gone. Blues is never on the radio. I'm just depressed over it.

15. Traplord209

Aug 27, 2022
    Don't worry the kids don't miss it because they weren't around it for it. They got their own shit to miss when they get old.

16. TorontoReign

Apr 1, 2005
    I am saying kids don't listen to the radio bro.

17. mobucks

mobucks jetski Orderite

May 22, 2010
    -In a Casey Casem voice-

"Coming at you now setting the charts on fire it's this week's number one hit in the weekly top 40, Wet Ass Pussy!"

• [Rad] [Rad] x 1
  18. TorontoReign

Apr 1, 2005
  19. TheKingofVault14

TheKingofVault14 Fallout Fan For Life!

Jul 5, 2022
    Here's another one by If These Trees Could Talk from their second album Red Forest. :cool:

Also, what the heck is a "Modern Dinosaur" anyway? :confused:

20. Risewild

Risewild Antediluvian as Feck
    Modder Orderite

Jun 14, 2014

• [Rad] [Rad] x 1