Things Fallout 76 did right 1#: The Brotherhood of Steel

I have no idea what your objection is. Especially since we have the BOS communicating with the Eastern and Western branches in both F3 and Fallout 4. Mind you, you have to be crazy to think you can't communicate cross country with radios.
Then why did BoS crossed the wasteland to know if the East Coast BoS was alive before Fallout 3? If they had a satellite to communicate they wouldn't need to risk such a dangerous mission. Why is there no mention of a satellite in Fallout 1 and 2? Because it didn't exist. Anyone at BoS would say to the player if the player asked about it because the devs would have put a dialogue option for something so important.

Just the mere fact you don't know this shows how clueless you are about lore.

Then why did BoS crossed the wasteland to know if the East Coast BoS was alive before Fallout 3? If they had a satellite to communicate they wouldn't need to risk such a dangerous mission. Why is there no mention of a satellite of Fallout 1 and 2? Because it didn't exist. Anyone at BoS would say to the player if the player asked about it because the devs would have put a dialogue option for something so important.

Just the mere fact you don't know this shows how clueless you are about lore.

1. You're screwing up your Bethesda lore. They went to check in on the Midwestern Brotherhood of Steel and they didn't find them so presumably they died out or didn't want to be found.

2. Why is there no mention of toilets.

3. No they wouldn't have and why would they.

4. Also, canonically, Fallout 3 mentioned that the East Coast BOS was in contact with the West Coast the entire time because they stripped Elder Lyons of all support.

Here's all the information you need to know which confirms the two sides were in contact.

The Fallout 4 terminals also mention talk between Maxson and the Lost Hills elders.

Then why did they went to check out them if they had a satellite radio? Just the mere fact they wouldn't get a response if they had such a thing, it would mean the chapter was dead or didn't want to be found. They didn't need to send a bunch of people to make sure if they could just call them.

And if the satellite was broken, why is no mention of it being broken? There's no mention of a satellite in Fallout 1, 2, 3, New Vegas and 4, it means it didn't fucking exist.

And how convenient they wouldn't have because they literally explain everything else about BoS. Because they conveniently forgot to mention a satellite. Or, you know, it didn't exist so they couldn't mention it.

And the toilets thing is just another of a series of your trash arguments to try to justify the bullshit Bethesda puts in these games.

Then why did they went to check out them if they had a satellite radio? Just the mere fact they wouldn't get a response if they had such a thing, it would mean the chapter was dead or didn't want to be found. They didn't need to send a bunch of people to make sure if they could just call them.

Well, they're passing that way anyway. The Brotherhood of Steel isn't going to be following its ideology very well of collecting all Pre-War Tech to save the world by keeping it from unworthy hands if they're just sticking to their bunkers. They were on a mission to go to Washington D.C. and get the records in the pentagon, so why NOT visit the spot they were last heard from.

And if the satellite was broken, why is no mention of it being broken? There's no mention of a satellite in Fallout 1, 2, 3 and 4, it means it didn't fucking exist.

Roger Maxson was created as a retcon to Fallout 1 and so was the Enclave and Vaults. Just because we have new information introduced doesn't mean it is invalid. The satelite of West Coast BoS is also not broken BECAUSE THEY'RE USING IT IN FALLOUT 3 and 4.

Seriously, they talk about being in contact with the Brotherhood in 3 and I PROVIDED VIDEO.

WTH man? Are you just ignoring that?

And the toilets thing is just another of a series of your trash arguments to try to justify the bullshit Bethesda puts in these games.

If you don't have an actual argument maybe you should not argue.

If your argument is, "nothing in Fallout 3 or 4 matters because it's not Fallout 1 and 2" fine but it's a shitty argument for something based on 3 and 4.

People had this thing called a radio....it worked quite well in WW2
except lol no because all we've seen in the games are walkie talkies and radio stations that cover a relativley limited area.
I have no idea what your objection is. Especially since we have the BOS communicating with the Eastern and Western branches in both F3 and Fallout 4. Mind you, you have to be crazy to think you can't communicate cross country with radios.
because this is also dumb and we've never liked it.
So the sole objection is the BOS is there?
yes because god forbid bethesda create something new.
honestly even if you think the game did some things right what's the point of talking about it when the overall product is such a middle finger to the fanbase and the franchise itself?

its like praising a turd for being glossy. why would you do that?

Roger Maxson was created as a retcon to Fallout 1 and so was the Enclave and Vaults. Just because we have new information introduced doesn't mean it is invalid. The satelite of West Coast BoS is also not broken BECAUSE THEY'RE USING IT IN FALLOUT 3 and 4
except no because the new information such as the enclave or the vault experiments doesn't contradict previous information but rather puts it into new context. in fallout 1 2 and NV we have a super isolationist brotherhood that definitely wouldn't want to just broadcast information to anybody who might be listening in.

Last edited:
You're stating thing which are untrue and making any actual argument against it incoherent. Basically, you are ruining your own side. Maxson provides them new orders, an organization, a rallying cry, leadership, and a mission. If you call that propaganda, you're using the word wrong.

Seriously, if you can't be bothered to actually give an argument against something then don't bother. Say why you think they'd reject it or why you don't think it works but don't just say, "it's lazy."

Any argument that goes, "Bethesda is lazy" fails when you don't say WHY it's lazy.

He gave them pretty much NOTHING besides propaganda. What kind of stupid argument is that? People need ammo, guns, a place to stay and not "rallying cry" or motivational speeches. On what grounds he provides them ORDERS? He's not even their superior. You're proving my point that Bethesda is so LAZY they didn't even bother to write a proper material motivation for a BoS chapter in West Virginia, they just wrote "well one morning a radio transmission made a bunch of ex-army guys into full knights".

The Appalachian Brotherhood of Steel retcon was remarkably simple in its execution. If you have to have a BoS chapter on the East Coast, why not come up with this simple fix:

"It's a chapter of the US Military that talked with the BOS over the radio."

No need for a massive cross-country journey.

You know... I don't think closed-society people like Brotherhood of steel would want to send a satellite message to West Virginia, let alone other people. Plus, Fallout 3 already established the lore that they arrived at the Citadel after the battle at Pitsberg, (The Pitt DLC) which makes the whole "let's send them to the east" illogical. If they already had BOS in West Virginia, why couldn't they just ask West Virginia BOS to go to the Capital Wasteland instead of sending Owen Lyons?

So, we have a faction that is xenophobic to anyone but their own people, hogs all technology to themselves and kills anyone to get to it sending a message through a satellite that is never mentioned in the games prior to Fallout 76 if people want to join them.

I would be surprised that they got BoS so wrong in this game, but i'm not. Because Bethesda hasn't gotten BoS right once since they got the IP.

"things fallout 76 did right"

I swear to god, for some people, if bethesda released a video of their mom getting raped they would praise the lighting and cinematography.

Especially since we have the BOS communicating with the Eastern and Western branches in both F3 and Fallout 4. Mind you, you have to be crazy to think you can't communicate cross country with radios.
Yeah... weird that the BoS would dedicate time to communicating with the East Coast BoS when they were in the midst of losing their war against the NCR around the time of New Vegas and beyond. It's like Bethesda arbitrarily added the BoS in this game purely for brand recognition.

Because to be honest, that is why Bethesda placed the BoS, Super Mutants and Enclave in the game. Brand recognition instead of utilizing any shred of creativity to create their own factions.

Brand recognition
except that doesn't explain it either. fallut wasn't much of a brand before bethesda whored it out. it was a pretty niche title that the gaming community at large wasn;t really aware of. so they didn't buy it for brand recognition and they didn't buy to make fallout game so this begs the queston... why? and thst's the only question really. why are they so fucking bad at making fallout games? it shouldn't be that hard.

Yeah... weird that the BoS would dedicate time to communicating with the East Coast BoS when they were in the midst of losing their war against the NCR around the time of New Vegas and beyond. It's like Bethesda arbitrarily added the BoS in this game purely for brand recognition.

Because to be honest, that is why Bethesda placed the BoS, Super Mutants and Enclave in the game. Brand recognition instead of utilizing any shred of creativity to create their own factions.

You're making a joke right? You know the war with the NCR is a retcon AFTER the events of Fallout 3. Also, they stopped talking with the East Coast Brotherhood during this time.

Try again.

Here's my theory: they wanted to do Elder Scrolls with guns. But of course they couldn't do it in the actual Elder Scrolls series because it would be way too much of a departure from the fantasy, medieval genre. So they bought the Fallout series to be able to do just that.

Hence why the Bethesda Fallouts feel too much like Elder Scrolls design wise. You have Fallout 3 feeling like Oblivion with guns and Fallout 4 like Skyrim with guns.

because this is also dumb and we've never liked it.

It's dumb to assume the military is going to be unable to communicate across a country.

yes because god forbid bethesda create something new.

*eye roll*

You lose 10 points from your argument. You can't even explain a reason why it's bad.

honestly even if you think the game did some things right what's the point of talking about it when the overall product is such a middle finger to the fanbase and the franchise itself?p

Because that's what the thread is about.

its like praising a turd for being glossy. why would you do that?

Because I think it was a very well done piece of lore and avoids problems of logistcis. Mind you I dislike people who just put down things without giving a reason why.

except no because the new information such as the enclave or the vault experiments doesn't contradict previous information but rather puts it into new context. in fallout 1 2 and NV we have a super isolationist brotherhood that definitely wouldn't want to just broadcast information to anybody who might be listening in.

Don't be one of those people who mutilates lore to suit their needs. The Brotherhood of Steel in Fallout 1 isn't completely isolationist and the retcons establish they have a national goal. Their goal is to interact with the world and remove technology from unworthy hands. They don't stop that goal until NCR beats the shit out of them.

They also have procedures for recrutiing outsiders.

Here's my theory: they wanted to do Elder Scrolls with guns. But of course they couldn't do it in the actual Elder Scrolls series because it would be way too much of a departure from the fantasy, medieval genre. So they bought the Fallout series to be able to do just that.

Hence why the Bethesda Fallouts feel too much like Elder Scrolls design wise. You have Fallout 3 feeling like Oblivion with guns and Fallout 4 like Skyrim with guns.

None of which has anything to do with this topic. Seriously, do we have to bring unrelated topics of what we don't like about Bethesda or the (shitty) failures of this game into a positive thread?

Mind you, I'd like to hear anyone's objections other than:

1. It came from Bethesda
2. It doesn't fit my idea of the lore.

None of which can actually be discussed and is kind of pointless to be repeated.

I was reponding to R.Graves, but good job being the usual clueless self you are.

I was reponding to R.Graves, but good job being the usual clueless self you are.

You're the one posting in a positive thread friend.

Sorry if I'm coming off as rude but I was really disappointed about Fallout 76. I would happily discuss the failures of the game all the live long day but I happen to love the Brotherhood of Steel, really enjoyed them in Fallout 3, and liked them as villains in Fallout 4.

So "anything other than 1, 2, and NV" feels like a nonstarter to conversation there since it's one of the only elements I did like about 76.

Which is by far the worst Fallout.

And I include the other game which must not be named.

It's dumb to assume the military is going to be unable to communicate across a country.
yeah when your random average city looks like this

Fo1_Intro_Bakersfield.png

im sure the infrastructure required for long distance communication was both fine and utilized by an ISOLATIONIST faction. makes perfect sense.

You lose 10 points from your argument. You can't even explain a reason why it's bad.
that is the reason its bad. it makes the fallout setting more dull by pure virtue of having nothing new.
Mind you I dislike people who just put down things without giving a reason why.
and i dislike people with bad taste
:flameon:

So, they want to recruit people but in Fallout 1, they send new recruits to the fucking Glow, one of the most dangerous places in the wasteland? I know it's for unwanted recruits but why would they have unwanted recruits if they want to recruit people by going out of their way by sending a message through a damn satellite?

I'm sorry, but wow. No matter which way you look at it, the retcons to BoS in Fallout 76 make no sense. Yeah, i'm done with this argument, because everything introduced about BoS in Fallout 76 either contradicts the later games or puts things into a completely different context in the later games.

So, they want to recruit people but in Fallout 1, they send new recruits to the fucking Glow, one of the most dangerous places in the wasteland? I know it's for unwanted recruits but why would they have unwanted recruits if they want to recruit people by going out of their way by sending a message through a damn satellite?

There's a difference between Maxson's original BOS and the group that it became in Fallout 1. This is something straight from the Fallout Bible. Maxson builds his organization from ex-US military people who feel like the government betrayed them and their families that they settle in California's bunkers.

Maxson's ideology is one that's grandiose but the people in charge of it by the time of the original game are petty with only the Elder old enough to remember their original duties.

I'm sorry, but wow. No matter which way you look at it, the retcons to BoS in Fallout 76 make no sense. Yeah, i'm done with this argument, because everything introduced about BoS in Fallout 76 either contradicts the later games or puts things into a completely different context in the later games.

Eh, I'm sorry. It's just something I liked since it lacked the stupid of the idea of having to cross the entire continent and allowed the BOS to be there anyway.

Back