Things that you LIKE about Fallout 76

I think FO76 is basically shit, but I don't think it's complete shit because the lesser developers and artists on the team clearly tried to make some new designs. Stuff like the sloths, ticks, cryptids, new floaters, and scorchbeasts are all... kinda interesting? Not tremendously interesting. Nowhere near anything like the first two games, of course, kinda unfitting in many ways, but-- new? Not just Fallout 1 shit given a new, history-raping skin and called the same thing like FO3 and FO4 do. So I can give them that pat on the ass at the least.

I love the Mole Miners. Maybe that's just because I managed to get a really powerful Mole Miners Gauntlet but I think the lore behind them is very interesting.

Yeah, the Mole Men are cool too. Something new and interesting. That's what I wanted to see with newer Fallouts; something fucking new and not just GREEN MEN VS THE METAL MEN VS THE BAD BLACK METAL MEN WHO WILL WIN? OLD LADY HEAD ON SHELF!

I like that they at least tried to bring back the full dialogue system with skill checks and a faction reputation system. It’s very gutted because FO76 wasn’t even meant to have NPCs originally, but they at least tried. Hope it carries onto next entires because I’m tired of them killing RPG mechanics. Funny enough FO76 now has more RPG mechanics then both their main entry series.

I also like that this was the game that got Emil kicked up to a desk position away from writing. About fucking time.

Now that I think about it I also like how fast the introduction to the game is. No 20-40 minute opening scene that hand holds you and also tells you who your character is or where they come from. Just wake up, and get out the Vault. Another thing FO76 now does better than their solo main entries.

Last edited:
Scorchbeasts are just reskinned dragons from Skyrim, FO76 is trash in it's core, it's boring once you clear out entire map, stupidly grindy and you get fuckheads who one-shots everything with their stealth builds, literally removing any fun from the game.

Scorchbeasts are just reskinned dragons from Skyrim, FO76 is trash in it's core, it's boring once you clear out entire map, stupidly grindy and you get fuckheads who one-shots everything with their stealth builds, literally removing any fun from the game.
Interesting that you value these things.

Interesting that you value these things.
I enjoyed the exploration and the quests line but once you finish them all it's just boring grindfest, there is no endgame content and anything related to that is ruined by people using hacked weapons or broken builds, the scorchbeasts were stupid and definitely not re-skinned dragons from Skyrim but I never said that I value the game.

The setting/map and the lore/history.

I liked the Appalachia setting, it's quite green and mountainous which made a change.

I definately liked the lore/history that had been written, as it's set quite soon after the war. I've not finished the campaign but Ive enjoyed learning about the survivors reactions post apocalypse. That's not specific to FO76 I know as all Fallouts have that but at least it keeps up the tradition in my mind.

I enjoyed the exploration and the quests line but once you finish them all it's just boring grindfest, there is no endgame content and anything related to that is ruined by people using hacked weapons or broken builds, the scorchbeasts were stupid and definitely not re-skinned dragons from Skyrim but I never said that I value the game.
Bruh just read the name of the thread

The Pip-Boy is easily the best Pip-Boy design in the series. Fantastic reinventing of the Interplay Pip-Boy.

Easily the best Pip-Boy, I agree. I just wish they added the actual Pip Boy mascot on it. The Frontier mod also has a gorgeous reimagining of the classic Pip-Boy.

ScreenShot96.jpg

I liked the weapon designs, and other 3d artworks such as environments (It doesn't make any sense, but I liked it.) but that's pretty much it.

I like that despite the poor start of the game - when I came back after two years, they added a lot of new content. There are tons of new locations, lots of new items - like a new game

Back