Thursday Modding Update

Discussion in 'NMA News and Information' started by Brother None, Dec 18, 2008.

1. Brother None

Brother None This ghoul has seen it all
    Admin Orderite Board Cop oTO

Apr 3, 2003
    With the GECK out, it's about time we begin doing weekly updates of modding files, as available here, from the Nexus or other neutral grounds.

First, The Fallout 3 Compendium mod has seen a major update to 0.6.0.2, and the Item Description mod is up to 1.15.

New mods on NMA includeFallout 3 Nexus' recently changed page seems to be a bit messed up right now, so this selection is a bit random and haphazard:We'll keep track of here and the Nexus so you don't have to. Expect updates every Thursday.

2. Brother None

Apr 3, 2003
    Feel free to suggest a name for our weekly feature :P

3. Buxbaum666

Buxbaum666 Heterostructured Nanorod oTO Orderite

Dec 5, 2003
    Modtracker? Weekly Modtracker? Modding Thursday? Thursday of Mods? Modding Marathon? Mods, Mods, Mods? Jailhouse Mods? A Hard Day's Mods? A Mod to build a dream on? I don't want to set the Mods on fire? Manic Mod-Day? Murderous Mods? 28 Mods Later? The Day the Mods stood still? Modfest? Breakfast at Nexus'? The Modfather? Day of the Living Mods? Mods of the Dead? Reservoir Mods? Modzilla? Lock, Stock, and 200 smoking Mods? A Modwork Orange? Modding on Heaven's door?

Edit: I guess I got a little carried away. Sorry.

4. Mentats

Mentats First time out of the vault

Jun 18, 2007
    "Mod-Tastic Thursdays"

5. Black

Black Vault Senior Citizen

Jun 21, 2007
    If it's broken- fix it.

6. jamesmcm

jamesmcm It Wandered In From the Wastes

Dec 17, 2008
    Great work, I really appreciate this as it's very difficult to find a list of all the mods for Fallout 3 atm - harder than Oblivion for some reason. Perhaps because the G.E.C.K was only just released.

7. Buxbaum666

Dec 5, 2003
    There already was an overwhelming amount of mods on nexus before the tools where released. I guess in a year or so, nobody will be able to overlook the sheer masses of mods.

8. Brother None

Apr 3, 2003
    Especially since Nexus mods range from the useful to silly to just plain stupid.

That's where we come in.

9. Buxbaum666

Dec 5, 2003
    Yep, that's the problem. People mod everything from pink power armour to green underwear. It's hard to keep all the crap out.
    Maybe NMA should keep a list of the most useful mods or something.

10. jamesmcm

Dec 17, 2008
    Give it a few months and you'll be able to sort by most downloaded effectively. There goes all the junk.

11. TTTimo

TTTimo It Wandered In From the Wastes

Apr 26, 2008
    A name for the weekly feature? How about PHOENIX? Harkens back to the upgrades/implants in F2.

Another I can think of is Manic Mods...

12. generalissimofurioso

generalissimofurioso The Hole Time Orderite

Jun 17, 2007
    If the days was moved to Monday we could call it

MAD MOD MONDAY!

The only thing I can of now is the Modsoleum and Trusty Thursday Transmogrifications.

13. BloodyPuppy

BloodyPuppy Look, Ma! Two Heads!

Nov 18, 2008
    A name? How about Life Support because it's the only thing that's going to keep Fallout 3 relevant? ZING!

14. Crni Vuk

Crni Vuk M4A3 Oldfag oTO Orderite

Nov 25, 2008
    Well if people would at least bother to post pics of their mods and a bit more describtion then just "new armor, with new texture" ...

15. iridium_ionizer

iridium_ionizer Mildly Dipped

Jul 24, 2007
    Modout 3, Modout 3: Non-profit DLC, Modout 3: The Search for a Better Game, The Mod Squad - Fallout 3, Cause Beth Couldn't, Cafe of Broken Games, Mod Me Two Times Girl, Modout 3: Habitats for Mutantity, Have GECK - Will Mod, Modders of the World Unite - You Have Nothing to Lose But Your Shackles (or Crappy Games), Mod me Less of this Mediocre Mess, Glittering Gems of Modification.

There's a few ideas.

16. JESUS

JESUS It Wandered In From the Wastes

Aug 19, 2008
    My vote for that one. :lol:

17. pnutz

pnutz It Wandered In From the Wastes

Jul 24, 2003
    Any of these would suffice. If I had to choose just one, and I do, it would be The Cafe of Broken Games.

18. jamesmcm

Dec 17, 2008
    Don't choose a biased name - it just sounds all elitist and smug. Why not just have something simple like Best Of The G.E.C.K or something.

19. Lexx

Lexx Testament to the ghoul lifespan
    Moderator Modder

Apr 24, 2005
    Two girls and a G.E.C.K.?

I also like "A Mod to build a dream on" and "The Modfather".

20. syllogz

syllogz Still Mildly Glowing

Jun 16, 2007
    What about 'Modsters' Day'?
    Which is followed by (the year and) the week number...