Timetravel in Fallout?

Discussion in 'General Fallout Discussion' started by TorontoReign, May 21, 2012.

1. TorontoReign

TorontoReign Level 27 Wizard Staff Member Moderator

Apr 1, 2005
    What do you think? Is Time Travel too much for a Fallout game? Would it be possible with some Pre-war super-tech? The entire game couldn't be based on time travel I don't think, but it might be cool for a mission or two...

I want to know what the traditional Fallout fans think about this one. Is time travel too far out for Fallout? Fallout 3 kinda did time travel with Anchorage, but we all know that was VR. I can imagine a plot where someone tries to prevent the apocalypse from happening by using time travel. Typical time travel hi-jinks I know, but I'm just brainstorming here :)...

2. BOS_Warlord

BOS_Warlord First time out of the vault

Apr 11, 2012
    Ehh it's possible, but I don't see it's place in a fallout game

3. person

person It Wandered In From the Wastes

Aug 29, 2011
    Time travel's too damn hard to argue. Some of the possibilities are too environment / game changing, so developers wouldn't want to touch it, but realistically we know that those things are what people would do.

Yet with the way ideas for Fallout seem to flesh out, it seems pretty likely.

4. Surf Solar

Surf Solar So Old I'm Losing Radiation Signs

Aug 20, 2009
    In before "It was the (in a future fallout installments) hero that travelled back in time and accidently set of the nukes".

5. Atomkilla

Atomkilla Hazel Hegemon oTO Orderite

Dec 26, 2010
    Hehe.

I don't want to see time travel in Fallout. VR simulation concept from Operation Anchorage was okay, but "real" time travel - no.
    I hated that part of Fallout 2.

6. Lexx

Lexx Background Radiant
    Moderator Modder

Apr 24, 2005
    "That part" was just an easteregg and not seriously canon, so what. :shrug:

7. Atomkilla

Dec 26, 2010
    I generally didn't like Fallout 2 eastereggs that much. Those in the original game were way better, if you ask me.

8. Walpknut

Walpknut This ghoul has seen it all

Dec 30, 2010
    But the original had a Dr Who easter Egg, there would be time travel there.

ANyway, yeah, timetravel is only good for a joke, I don't want it near my fallout.

9. Sub-Human

Sub-Human -

May 31, 2011
    The Enclave finds about an ancient artifact - the TIME MACHINE (so 50s, right?). They want to use it to travel all the way back to the beginning of the war to mess around and establish complete power. You're the Ninja Wanderer, trying to stop them because enter completely nonsensical reason here. You can dual-wield pistols and machetes. You can choose to feed a starving child on the street or blow up a random house in 2077.

Fallout 4.

• [Like] [Like] x 2
  10. Knight Captain Kerr

Knight Captain Kerr Still Mildly Glowing

Nov 27, 2011
    I agree. I things like Doctor Who references are great as silly non-canon things. However working them into the story would be a terrible idea. See Mothership Zeta.

11. SouthboundSoul

SouthboundSoul First time out of the vault

May 21, 2012
    What about someone that was in Cryo sleep in some Vault like facility and wakes up in the Fallout time line? Or is that still too much? But I agree, a full on time travel quest/DLC or game would be pathetic.

12. Rev. Layle

Rev. Layle A Smooth-Skin

Jul 26, 2005
    Well, the Chosen One DID break the Water Chip

Damn chosen ones!

;)

13. Joelzania

Joelzania Look, Ma! Two Heads!

Oct 12, 2011
    I just imagined a Life on Mars/Fallout crossover! It was glorious!

14. Prosatanos

Prosatanos It Wandered In From the Wastes

Oct 25, 2011
    To me this is a pretty good idea,I think It have a potential in Fallout world. The bad thing - next good (only) idea. TorontRayne your brainstorming was worth.If someone modder can hear you.

15. TorontoReign

TorontoReign Level 27 Wizard Staff Member Moderator

Apr 1, 2005
    I appreciate the responses guys. I always loved the Fallout 2 Easter Eggs personally.

16. Heitor Carvalho Passos

Heitor Carvalho Passos Enjoy the Silence

Jun 3, 2015
    You are right. Fallout 4 is a game based on time travel.

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  17. Big No

Big No Watch as I open and close this door

Oct 28, 2014
    I'd rather have it where at certain points in the plot they'd have flashbacks or something like that. You'd play as a descendant of your character and the stuff you did back then in Prewar times would have an impact on the plot, like you could have started a rivalry with someone and they're descendants would be hostile to you compared to if you befriended the rival, then their descendant is a valuable ally, but those are just ideas I had in my head.

18. Atomic Postman

Atomic Postman Mojave Express Employee of the Month

Mar 16, 2013
    God no, please keep it far away from Fallout. I didn't even like it as an easter egg in Fallout 2.

19. Juza The Cloud

Juza The Cloud Nanto Goshasei

Jun 3, 2015
    my 2 cents: Time travel no, cryogenic frozen pre-war pro/antagonist yes.

20. Atomkilla

Dec 26, 2010

A pre-War cryo companion was supposed to be in Fallout 2, but got scrapped. Actually, you were supposed to able to pick one out of three.
    Restoration Project brought them back though.