Tunnel snakes as a major faction

Alesia said:
especially if you finish with Amata as overseer,

Amata as Overseer? That's like appointing Frank Horrigan (UNITED STATES SECRET SERVICE) in charge of "humanitarian" aid in Freeside. As far as I'm concerned, 90% of all the characters presented in Fallout 3 in Vault 101 were anti-social anyway (possibly due to insufficient Vitamin D?). Their responses with the character throughout the story is absolutely ridiculous, they blame you for everything, including rising social tensions by those "rebel without a cause" leather-wearing chumps. Even if you comply with the Overseer (with the inclination that you did not kill the original before leaving), they act with nothing, but hostility and exile you yet again. There is no benefit from helping the vault in the long run, the social experiment was never really successful because they went against company orders and were still able to open the door with ease (Vault-Tec would've made sure those doors are incapable of opening). Even the Enclave offered them amnesty (a truly mighty gift) in exchange to opening the vault to the Enclave (going on the basis that the Enclave were planning on merging the occupants with the United States government instead of enslaving them/killing some as seen in Fallout 2), yet they refused and would rather suffer for generational eternity in extreme socially stressful conditions which have already been destroyed by mass salem-like hysteria.

I guess overall, Fallout 3 made it quite clear to the player that the vault was lost as soon as the majority became aware that an occupant left the vault (referring to the Lone Wanderer's father), which ultimately caused the entire vault to go to hell. Like I stated above, I really think the door would not be able to open unless activated by a third-party from the inside (i.e Vault-Tec or the Enclave) in a more lore-strict version, as the vaults in the previous games which did have "flaws" were forced to have such flaws. Vault 101 is an illusion in which appears to be a social experiment, testing long-term generational isolation, but instead can be opened freely anyway.

Vault 101 is an illusion in which appears to be a social experiment, testing long-term generational isolation, but instead can be opened freely anyway.

They pretty much said that as soon as you read the scouting reports. The whole "no one ever enters, no one ever leaves" thing was 100% Alphonse Almodovar and his own wacky agenda.

They started letting a team out to explore shortly before James got in, IIRC, and they stopped shortly thereafter. The whole thing was very hush-hush, which doesn't explain why no one seemed to question a prominent new Vault citizen materializing from thin air, but meh.

Back on to the topic at hand, though, I do like the idea of Butch appearing in the next game, bloated, spent, and pathetic, playing equipment manager/dancing puppet to a band of thugs but still wearing his Tunnel Snakes jacket like an aging High School Quarterback desperately clinging to his glory days. Maybe you could take out his buddies and find him cowering behind some furniture weilding a switchblade comb and a pair of barber's shears.

Tunnel Snakes rule!

As it appeared to me on Wiki, the preceding overseer was open to exploration. He "mysteriously vanished" on a scouting mission and that's when the current overseer sealed the vault. No one is questioning James being there at the time you first have contact with other vault residents (age 10), though they might have when he first showed up, we don't know.

I laughed when I saw the title because I immediately has this vision of the Tunnel-Snakes being a NCR- sized faction, controlling with an iron fist all of DC, the BoS little other than vassals.

No, a million times no.

JESUS CHRIST NO
Let's not ever come back to the Capitol Wasteland and meet the people living there. Just no.

Mameluk said:
JESUS CHRIST NO
Let's not ever come back to the Capitol Wasteland and meet the people living there. Just no.

I can't help but imagine it will be 200 years further in the future and the PC will have to teach them how planting seeds leads to plants that give food.

Oppen said:
Mameluk said:
JESUS CHRIST NO

I can't help but imagine it will be 200 years further in the future and the PC will have to teach them how planting seeds leads to plants that give food.
That would be a part of the quest including writing another Wasteland Survival Guide by Jessica Humpington Brown, great-great-great-great granddaughter of Moira Brown, who wants to make a name for herself. :lol:

Mameluk said:
Oppen said:
Mameluk said:
JESUS CHRIST NO

That would be a part of the quest including writing another Wasteland Survival Guide by Jessica Humpington Brown, great-great-great-great granddaughter of Moira Brown, who wants to make a name for herself. :lol:

Chapter one: when starving, eat.

You could kill all of the Tunnel Snakes if you want so I doubt they would put them in, not to mention that that would be a terrible idea. However, Bethesda isn't a stranger to terrible ideas.

Wumbology said:
I laughed when I saw the title because I immediately has this vision of the Tunnel-Snakes being a NCR- sized faction, controlling with an iron fist all of DC, the BoS little other than vassals.

No, a million times no.

Hell, we met and rescued a young teen lady that wanted to go out and see the world and, eighty years later, she had turned Shady Sands into the greatest nation of the Wasteland. Talk about suceeding expectations!

(also she and the Vault Dweller never did anything, pity, would've been hilarious to meet the Vault Dweller's lost son or even a same-age grandson in NCR, but that's just me.)

I get this hilarious image of Butch going all "they said I was a lamer and poser! They will see, they will see! MWhahahahahhahahahahahhahahahAHAHHAHAHAHHA!"

Thirty years later...

...Warlord Butcher Deloria, know as being the Scourge of the Northeast, Gang-Lord from Vault-101 raids and extorts a territory from the Pitt's outer borders to the outskirts of Newer York and the Commonwealth with a harsh, bloody ironfist. His armies of great raiders, the Tunnel Snakes, constantly rise from within the mountains and ruins to assault all those who do not pay tribute to the greatness of the Butcher. His will is mighty, his hordes endless and he is also the warlord with the most well-done hair in the world, done in the ancient ways of his Steel-Tribe...

I believe Aradesh had a lot to do with the foundations of the NCR. I always saw it as he was too devastated and that stopped him from working on Shady Sands, in the case you haven't saved Tandi. Also, it might be related to the fact you left the raiders standing in such an ending. Developers might have assumed that by some reason the khans die if you rescue Tandi, even though there are some other ways to save her. I assume this is the case because in all the other endings for Shady Sands, it is raiders who end up destroying the town (well, with the exception of the mutants killing them), and that's the reason it doesn't come to be NCR.

I couldn't see this happening...at the very most, I can see them as the size of the powder gangers, THE MOST, most likly they would be like kings level...and if they did comeback, my immediate reaction would be: why? how? whaaa~

Right ... butch ... the hairdresser ... terrorizing the wastelander's hair-cuts

serpentchevelu.jpg

They are already a major faction. They rule in the head of Butch, the only remaining member, that saw his will crushed by the lone wandered bigger d***.

Considering how poorly written the characters of the Vault 101 were in the first place, and the fact that all the members(outside of their incompetent leader) were killed in the rather pointless Vault Civil War, I can't see much future in turning them into anything other than a really bad Bethesda joke.

Technically, only one of them is dead, another one is still in the vault, and the third one most likely joined the BOS.

Back