Tunnel snakes as a major faction

I'm sure they'll at the very least have a nod to them in the future.
"Tunnel Snakes Rule" was a pretty popular, I guess "meme" with the FO3 community that I'm sure Bethesda will pander to them and add a jacket or some really obvious note, something like that.

Exactly. First bar fight he gets into, he ends up feeding the fishes.

You'd think Rivet City Security would prevent that sort of thing.

I'd also like to know what kind of fishes would be feeding off of Butch, what with the Potomac's state... probably three-eyed fish. :crazy:

Rivet City Security? Those guys are more useless than Vau- maybe not. But still, used to start bar fights there, RSec were useless.

Rivet City Security? Those guys are more useless than Vau- maybe not. But still, used to start bar fights there, RSec were useless.

That's probably just the game engines fault though, Gamebyro is outdated and should be replaced or at least heavily modified, even more than Skyrim's engine. I'm sure they'd be more competent if the game engine were replace with something like RAGE (Rockstar's engine).

Last edited:
That's probably just the game engines fault though, Gamebyro is outdated and should be replaced or at least heavily modified, even more than Skyrim's engine. I'm sure they'd be more competent if the game engine were replace with something like RAGE (Rockstar's engine).
A new engine isn't necessarily going to solve a problem like bad programming or poor balance. Any problems that would be solved by using an engine like that instead would have very little to do with this dilemma. And based on what we've seen of it, Rage probably isn't suited for RPGs. Additionally, Bethesda seems really comfortable using the same engine for over a decade. In their hands, any sort of switch would likely just make things worse.

now if only they can come up with an engine that at least on par with Witcher 3 engine, then we'll have an awesome fallout experience (in the vein of 3/NV), but still.. FALLOUT 2 FOREVER !!

Not a major faction, but a minor faction such as the Great Kahns, with their own story line possibly and some history too with references to FO3

A new engine isn't necessarily going to solve a problem like bad programming or poor balance. Any problems that would be solved by using an engine like that instead would have very little to do with this dilemma. And based on what we've seen of it, Rage probably isn't suited for RPGs.

I never said RAGE had to be used, I said it was a better and different engine. Why would RAGE even be a bad substitute for an RPG anyway? Also, adding in a new engine would obviously require some different programming for it to work better unless one thinks a game engine just changes graphics and nothing else.

Additionally, Bethesda seems really comfortable using the same engine for over a decade. In their hands, any sort of switch would likely just make things worse.

It's probably because it's the engine they are more used to. Valve continues to use the Source engine and their games are pretty awesome so it's not necessarily a bad thing.

Last edited:
It's probably because it's the engine they are more used to. Valve continues to use the Source engine and their games are pretty awesome so it's not necessarily a bad thing.
Except the Source engine isn't as unstable as Gamebryo.
I said Valve using Source all the time makes using the same engine over and over not a bad thing, I never said Gamebryo was more stable.

Except the Source engine isn't as unstable as Gamebryo.
I said Valve using Source all the time makes using the same engine over and over not a bad thing, I never said Gamebryo was more stable.

What I meant was that the engine has to be good to allow the company to keep using it.

Back