Unexplained , Unfinished and Mysterious content in NV.

Courier said:
The funny thing about Victor is that he was already in Goodsprings long before House opened up the Lucky 38 and sent his securitrons out. This means that Victor was the only securitron model robot out in the wastelands for several years, so what makes him so special? IIRC Mr. House didn't open up the Lucky 38 until he got full control over everything again and came out of his coma-like state, this means that someone else did control Victor for a while before he became House's robot.

That is what i stated in my post too , it all makes sense when you think , Victor is the only Securitron out from the Strip.
Victor has been in Goodsprings long before mr.House to appear.
The previous owner of Victor has disappeared.
Victor's memory wipe might be the reason why he didn't have any info about the disabling command.
Folks say that victor hasn't help anyone while he was in Goodsprings , all he was doing is roaming around town with no direction , the courier is the only person helped by Victor.

The Dutch Ghost said:
BTW, I have replayed FNV several times now and do notice the flag on Victor's shack, I just not thought much of it.

It makes me think it has some importance. Ulysses has a US symbol on his back, Vic's shack has a flag and patriottic posters inside, same with Wolfhorn ranch, same with Bradley's shack. Probably all this stuff was part of the cut content.

TheSilent12 said:
Explanation - Daniel Wayand does have a wiki info but because of the mistaken name i couldn't find it. In the game he's name is spelled ''Daniel Wayand'' but in wiki its ''Daniel Wyand''
His name is Wyand in game, the wiki is correct.

outofthegamer said:
there are more than one, not very common. I am not sure why they are blind. requiem_for_a_starfury said that they are a reference to the most popular way of killing a deathclaw in Fallout, aim for the eyes... but I thought that using a dart gun and crippling their legs was the most popular way of killing them -- so crippled deathclaws would make more sense to me, lol.
There is no dart gun in Fallout.

The thing is though, if Victor didn't belong to House, why does House use him so much? If Victor was just sitting in goodsprings the whole time, wouldn't house be surprised it was working and if so, why would he trust Victor? House seems far too cautious to trust that the robot would be trustworthy; or, at the very least, reliable. Victor may have originally been tied to Ulysses but when they pulled him, they failed to clean everything up properly. [spoiler:3e8a959eb6]But if he was tied to Ulysses and not House, then why does he 'die' when House dies? [/spoiler:3e8a959eb6]

House was able to take control of Victor after he opened up the Lucky 38, he doesn't need to trust him as he has full control over all the securitrons. That might be why House uses him so much though, because there's something unique about him.

I think that by getting the Victor doesn't show up event in Goodsprings yo uget the latter option to get the deactivation code for the securitrons guarding the gate to the Strip.

Wintermind said:
The thing is though, if Victor didn't belong to House, why does House use him so much? If Victor was just sitting in goodsprings the whole time, wouldn't house be surprised it was working and if so, why would he trust Victor? House seems far too cautious to trust that the robot would be trustworthy; or, at the very least, reliable. Victor may have originally been tied to Ulysses but when they pulled him, they failed to clean everything up properly. [spoiler:2e5514c7bb]But if he was tied to Ulysses and not House, then why does he 'die' when House dies? [/spoiler:2e5514c7bb]

Victor doesn't die , he gets disabled.Its Windows program.Your PC can't work without Windows right but that doesn't mean that is dead or broken , its same with Victor.
Victor's personality jumps from Securitrons , even now , i don't if its a bug but at my Save there are too Victors , one at the Strip in front of the Lucky 38 and the other at the elevator inside and a disabled one in front of he's Shack.
House is not interested in the Securitron , he is interested at Victor's personality (the AI program).That is why he's AI jumps to another Securitron if the current one brakes.
The reason why House toke over Victor is to copy he's AI cause as it looks its far more intelligent than those knuckle heads Securitrons at the strip.

However something bothers me though.Folks at Goodspring says that Victor never helped anyone , except the Courier.House doesn't know about the Courier's Adventures until he reaches The Strip.So why did Victor rescued the Courier in the first place? Also how come a robot decides to pull a presumed dead ordinary person? This was something bothering me since the beginning of the game. When i was told that i was rescued by someone.I was expecting Victor to be a human , when i saw him i was like ''what a Robot , i get rescued by a machine , how come , this is not right in some way''
Folks at Goodsprings also say that there is something not right about Victor.

TheSilent12 said:
However something bothers me though.Folks at Goodspring says that Victor never helped anyone , except the Courier.House doesn't know about the Courier's Adventures until he reaches The Strip.So why did Victor rescued the Courier in the first place? Also how come a robot decides to pull a presumed dead ordinary person? This was something bothering me since the beginning of the game. When i was told that i was rescued by someone.I was expecting Victor to be a human , when i saw him i was like ''what a Robot , i get rescued by a machine , how come , this is not right in some way''

Victor is a nice fella' like that. Also, bear in mind that Victor was the one who hired the couriers and arranged the entire delivery of the platinum chip on orders from Mr House. It's not entirely out of the question that he simply decided that he should protect his master's investment and at the same time set loose someone with a personal interest in finding the person who took the platinum chip. It was a long shot, but he didn't really have other options at the time.

Tagaziel said:
TheSilent12 said:

Victor is a nice fella' like that. Also, bear in mind that Victor was the one who hired the couriers and arranged the entire delivery of the platinum chip on orders from Mr House. It's not entirely out of the question that he simply decided that he should protect his master's investment and at the same time set loose someone with a personal interest in finding the person who took the platinum chip. It was a long shot, but he didn't really have other options at the time.

I think i forgot that part.Anyway i still think that there is more than just some Securitron with AI.I think when the DLC (i think it was called Lonesome Road) comes out we will know for sure if Ulysses has something to do with Victor's history.

The explanation given in-game IIRC was that House discovered Benny's plan to ambush the courier, so he sent Victor to see what he could do. Since he was too far he coulnd't directly control him but had to give him orders.
This could also explain why House never brought him back during all those years, he was too far from his sensors and without actively searching for him he wasn't aware that a securitron was in Goodsprings. He probably found out about him when he needed to hire six couriers, searched the area for the securitron closest to Primm to do the job and found him.

TheSilent12 said:
Courier said:
The funny thing about Victor is that he was already in Goodsprings long before House opened up the Lucky 38 and sent his securitrons out. This means that Victor was the only securitron model robot out in the wastelands for several years, so what makes him so special? IIRC Mr. House didn't open up the Lucky 38 until he got full control over everything again and came out of his coma-like state, this means that someone else did control Victor for a while before he became House's robot.

That is what i stated in my post too , it all makes sense when you think , Victor is the only Securitron out from the Strip.
Victor's memory wipe might be the reason why he didn't have any info about the disabling command.
Folks say that victor hasn't help anyone while he was in Goodsprings , all he was doing is roaming around town with no direction , the courier is the only person helped by Victor.

House has been online since 2134. The people of goodsprings tell you that Victor has been around for over 7 years. I think thats enough time for House to send Victor to goodsprings.

You never see a model of a securitron in the Repconn HQ. Why? Because Mr. House never released it to the public or let them know about them. He is the only person to own Securitrons, so how would somebody else get their hands on one, excluding Yes Man who was taken while on patrol and reproggramed. As I have said, Hous has been online since 2134, he was probably preparing for the arrival of the platinum chip when he sent Victor out.

requiem_for_a_starfury said:
outofthegamer said:
there are more than one, not very common. I am not sure why they are blind. requiem_for_a_starfury said that they are a reference to the most popular way of killing a deathclaw in Fallout, aim for the eyes... but I thought that using a dart gun and crippling their legs was the most popular way of killing them -- so crippled deathclaws would make more sense to me, lol.
There is no dart gun in Fallout.
I meant Fallout 3, because I thought you meant Fallout 3 - my mistake.

As for the original mystery surrounding the Blind Deathclaw: The Gypsum Trainyard north of Camp Golf is full of them (at least 10), so not very rare -- just localized to 1 location. I suppose they can stray pretty far from that part of the map, I sometimes see one up by the Brotherhood of Steel Safehouse north of there.

White Knight said:
TheSilent12 said:
Courier said:

House has been online since 2134. The people of goodsprings tell you that Victor has been around for over 7 years. I think thats enough time for House to send Victor to goodsprings.

Where the hell did you heard that? Wiki says ''Victor has been a resident of Goodsprings since long before House's securitrons rolled out onto the old Las Vegas Strip. By his own account, he has lived in the town since 2266, but any memories from before then appear to have been wiped. According to the older residents, Victor's owner used to live in the shack with the Old World flag hanging outside on the south side of town, but nobody has lived there since at least 2274, when Trudy arrived in town. ''

White Knight said:

Victor has been living in Goodsprings since 2266, his memories from before that year are wiped clean. House did not open up the Lucky 38 and send his securitrons out until 2274, eight years after Victor moved to Goodsprings. This means that Victor was indeed the first securitron out in the wastes, and that he did not come from the Lucky 38.

Update: According to the Vault wiki, securitrons are indeed manufactured at the Big Empty. This further confirms my suspicions that Victor will play a part in Old World Blues.

Thanks to this thread I've been able to piece together a theory.

Victor originally came from the Big Empty to Goodsprings (For unknown reasons), possibly owned by Ulysses (IIRC it's unknown exactly how long ago Ulysses visited the Big Empty). Later, someone (Ulysses) who had advanced securitron controlling technology gotten from the Big Empty was able to shut Victor down in a second attempt to get the Courier killed.

Just as a side note, we already do know that Victor has at least met Ulysses. Victor would have been the one to hire Ulysses to deliver the platinum chip in the first place, until Ulysses saw the Courier's name on the list and turned down the job.

Courier said:
White Knight said:

Victor has been living in Goodsprings since 2266, his memories from before that year are wiped clean. House did not open up the Lucky 38 and send his securitrons out until 2274, eight years after Victor moved to Goodsprings. This means that Victor was indeed the first securitron out in the wastes, and that he did not come from the Lucky 38.

Then how would somebody other than Mr. House have a Securitron. You never see Securitrons in Robco facilities, like Repconn HQ, and you never see any mention of them in the Repconn HQs museum of Robco robots. Mr. House is the only person in the world to own Securitrons. In my opinion, I prefer the theory that Mr House sent Victor to goodpsprings with some plotholes than Ulysses somehow had acess to Robco code or is a master hacker or he is somehow involved based on the fact theres a old world flag on victors house wall.

EDIT:
And no you do not know Victor has met Ulysses. There is no evidence to suggest that.

Securitrons are manufactured at the Big Empty, which I have now concluded is probably where Victor came from, House just gained control after he found out about him. The real mystery now is who programmed Victor's AI and who else has (or had) control over him other than Mr. House.

White Knight said:
EDIT:
And no you do not know Victor has met Ulysses. There is no evidence to suggest that.

Yes there is, Victor was the Securitron House tasked with hiring couriers to deliver the Platinum Chip. He hired six couriers carrying decoy items, then tried to hire Ulysses to deliver the chip, however Ulysses turned down the job and told him to hire you instead.

Back