Unpopular Opinion and Discussion thread

Is this poll pointless?

• Total voters
Unpopular opinion:
The directional lines put on the floors in grocery stores during covid make a lot of sense, should stay post-covid and people should continue to use them. So much more structured and organized. Take your cart, start at aisle 1, loop your way to the last aisle, grabbing the things you need. People who ignore the lines should be horsewhipped.

Less unpopular opinion:
People who cross a street diagonally when cars are waiting to drive through should be flogged for taking the slowest possible path across the street. If you must jaywalk, do it at a 90 degree angle instead of 45 so that you don't waste people's time.

Just an opinion:
Use your turning signals you fucks. Every time you don't use your turning signal it's not just potentially dangerous but also wastes a bunch of time for every other car that's yielding to you unnecessarily because they don't know which direction you're going.

Also an opinion:
Unless you've thought about it you probably drive too close to everyone on the highway. There is no reason to be up someone's ass on the highway and if a sudden event causes them to brake or otherwise intercept the path of your car you will have too much momentum and not enough time to avoid an accident.

Also an opinion:
Unless you've thought about it you probably drive too close to everyone on the highway. There is no reason to be up someone's ass on the highway and if a sudden event causes them to brake or otherwise intercept the path of your car you will have too much momentum and not enough time to avoid an accident.
I usually avoid this and it pisses people off that I'm not riding super close to people in front of me.

So we should be about a decade behind on hardware?
I don’t know what this means.

2. Playstation exclusives suck.

I don’t know what this means.
upload_2022-1-5_9-40-5.png

MW-FI897_consol_20170324152535_MG.jpg

Sure the Switch is portable which makes this far more understandable. But the Wii only had the excuse of motion controls. The Wii U had portability as far as I know but I don't think it was like the switch and was essentially a monitor with a controller screwed into it.

The Switch has been able to be emulated for a long time now.

You want the people who do gimmicky things with hardware to be the only console makers. I know you're making some sort of ha ha out of it but if it was true, it'd be pretty unfortunate for people that want to play modern games that aren't made by smaller studios and Nintendo.

I’m thinking that PS and MS should just do chromecast dongle type setup for their consoles with the hardware being in a data center or just have their digital storefronts where you can buy their games. They’d still have demand to keep innovating chips from manufacturers and you even have non gaming companies like Apple making the most powerful arm cpu now so I’m not sure consoles not being physical or even made at all would matter much.

For me, the ps3 and 360 never actually died and have just gotten hardware upgrades they call ps5/xbox x. Nintendo does the only interesting stuff with their consoles or game design imo. Less ewaste this way too.

Nintendo made a gameboy with an HDMI adapter and a plastic mold to hold it on the adapter and charger holy shit they're innovating!

I get what you mean but it's not like Nintendo is making leaps and bounds that shape the future of this medium. Yes the Xbox and Sony consoles could just get part upgrades and OS updates to help delay next generation consoles but they won't. How many people even bother doing it on their PC? You expect people who buy consoles to do it? No.

They will just have a little dongle thingy so all that will be done in the cloud. Buying Xbox live gold gets you access to a 3080 in the cloud! :soy:

Steam Deck is being made by the same people who have had failure after failure in the gaming hardware sector. I think maybe their VR headset hasn't crashed and burned yet? I'll give it another 2-3 years before they pull all support on it.

I mean if I had the money to waste like that, I would definitely buy one. But I don't so I won't especially not for Steam hardware. Me playing games on the go is more of a joke than anything though.

I did buy the Steam controller when they were dirt cheap because Valve decided they weren't worth it. I don't use it, it's only kinda useful for games that can't easily or at all use a controller when you play them without a keyboard/mouse. I could probably play Fallout 1 and 2 on my bed with it, which is cool but I just haven't yet. I tried to play Underrail with it but the text and buttons in that game were really small to be so far away from the TV. I did get a newer TV and haven't tried it yet though.

I think Predators is pretty good but everywhere I go people hate it.
I enjoyed it, but my main issue is that Adrien Brody just doesn't pull off the badass soldier persona. Even Danny Glover in Predator 2 does that better, even if i still prefer Predators over Predator 2.

I would just use the controller while at the computer.
If you haven't used one, it's a bit more annoying than a regular Xbox or PS style controller. The big pad is your mouse and it's not as nice as moving the mouse around for some games. When the interface has big enough buttons so accuracy isn't as much of an issue, it's a lot better. I also would not bind clicking in the pad as your left mouse button because you'll just move the mouse when you go to click. Put it on another button.

I'm sure there are games that feel great with it, I just haven't tried it out enough.

Games are just as good now (numerically as many) as they were in the 90's. The genre's just changed.

Back