Unpopular Opinion and Discussion thread

Is this poll pointless?

• Total voters
  • Despite some of its flaws, New Vegas is an amazing game (if the developers had more time + better hardware than the game would of been perfect)
Is this really unpopular? Specially on this forum. If anything, it seems to be the general consensus, at least in recent times (even if the game has its fair share of detractors).

Always found Halo to be the most forgettable thing ever, never got into it one bit, it was only fun when Multiplayer and not because of any visual or narrative element.

Most overly militarized fiction is completely uninteresting to me, soecially when it's very uncritical of any of it. The Motocross equipment look of the protagonist doesn't help even one bit for me.

Last edited:
Capitalism is when you got iPhone but no baby daddy.

Also:
I can't believe the motocross comparison for Halo armor. I hate it because it's true. :x
ODST is basically motocross gear.

I've played Halo and Destiny, both the first games (and Halo was back when it was released), and I remember a bunch of stuff from Halo but I can barely remember fuckall about Destiny. Destiny doesn't have any interesting art design to make anything memorable. It's like that Jim Sterling clip where he comments on a japanese Batman thingie that is just details upon details upon details. There's so much hyper-realism detail that nothing sticks in your memory.

The only thing I remember is that you have some little box drone thingie flying around with you. I don't remember any of the worlds you visit, any of the characters, any of the factions, any of the vehicles, any of the weapons. It's all just a blur.

I'd rather work on something memorable than something forgettable.
Too bad Destiny's original plot was completely reworked because Activision didn't like how involved it was and we instead got a very vague and generic story that had little to any weight to it. Destiny could have been the next Halo in terms of worldbuilding but instead it's Halo Borderlands.
If I had to work on a show/game for either Halo or Destiny I would pick Destiny.

For all of their parallels (and the latter franchises problems), Halo seems much more limiting and honestly not as interesting either visually or story wise. There's much more opportunity for variety, either in writing, locations or visual/prop designs with Destiny. You have more alien cultures to work with and the implementation of space travel is smaller in scope, but still manages to be more appealing to me.
Destiny does have more potential but it's never really sought after. It says something when you can say the potentials of Destiny are far more than Halo but Halo had the far more compelling campaigns and stories (and they aren't that compelling, they're just fun campaigns).

Yep. This exactly. I think I’d just have more fun trying to come up with stuff that is Destiny related. I did not even know about activision’s story revision choices, that sucks.

Pretty much the story was actually told and it involved Osiris (the guy from the DLC of the second game) a lot more. Activision or someone in the leads of the game pretty much saw all this work that had already been done and said "How are players going to feel like other players could exist if their character is that important" or some shit and told them to scrap all that work and restart the story and make it so players didn't feel too important but important enough that they helped essentially. It seemed really stupid and like advice that someone who has never played games gave.

Unpopular Opinion: Power toms on old drum kits from the 1990's suck ass. I got to try one from my friend's old Mapex kit from '94. It had a 13x11 and a 12x10 power tom arranged above the bass drum. Mic'd it up, tried my damndest to tune it to where it'd sound decent and not too boomy. But they resonate too much. I had to put a pair of socks in the toms just to cut it and get a decent punch. I understand now why drum companies cut back an inch or so off of toms after the 90's. 12x9 and a 13x10 with Aquarian response heads would work damn near perfect for me.

Know-it-All is a Talent in Divinity: Original Sin Enhanced Edition.

Talent_KnowItAll.jpg
Know-it-All

• Decreases everyone's attitude towards you by 20 but gives you 1 extra point in Intelligence.

Isn't +1 in a stat fairly minimal in its impact on your character since you get stat points every couple of levels?

Back