Unpopular Opinion and Discussion thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion Forum' started by R.Graves, Feb 21, 2017.

Is this poll pointless?

1. Yes

24.2%
  2. No

12.1%
  3. INSUFFICIENT DATA FOR MEANINGFUL ANSWER

63.7%
  1. Mr Fish

Mr Fish Slippy sloppy, The

Sep 11, 2010
    Commie.

• [Rad] [Rad] x 1
  2. Norzan

Norzan So Old I'm Losing Radiation Signs

Apr 7, 2017
    Is this really unpopular? Specially on this forum. If anything, it seems to be the general consensus, at least in recent times (even if the game has its fair share of detractors).

• [Rad] [Rad] x 1
  3. Walpknut

Walpknut This ghoul has seen it all

Dec 30, 2010
    Always found Halo to be the most forgettable thing ever, never got into it one bit, it was only fun when Multiplayer and not because of any visual or narrative element.

Most overly militarized fiction is completely uninteresting to me, soecially when it's very uncritical of any of it. The Motocross equipment look of the protagonist doesn't help even one bit for me.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2021
    • [Rad] [Rad] x 1
  4. TheGM

TheGM The voice of reason

Aug 19, 2008
    Ma'am this is the unpopular opinion thread. you are looking for the retarded opinion thread.

• [Rad] [Rad] x 1
  5. Morgan_

Morgan_ Duckerz

Jul 3, 2020
    Capitalism is when you got iPhone but no baby daddy.

Also:
    I can't believe the motocross comparison for Halo armor. I hate it because it's true. :x
    ODST is basically motocross gear.

• [Rad] [Rad] x 2
  6. TJQKA

TJQKA Boomer Anarchist

Sep 21, 2021
    Yall kids need jesus.

7. Mr Fish

Sep 11, 2010
    Your Jesus needs a kid.

• [Rad] [Rad] x 1
  8. SquidWard

SquidWard Pirate and Bankrobber oTO Orderite

Jun 1, 2018
    Too bad Destiny's original plot was completely reworked because Activision didn't like how involved it was and we instead got a very vague and generic story that had little to any weight to it. Destiny could have been the next Halo in terms of worldbuilding but instead it's Halo Borderlands.
    Destiny does have more potential but it's never really sought after. It says something when you can say the potentials of Destiny are far more than Halo but Halo had the far more compelling campaigns and stories (and they aren't that compelling, they're just fun campaigns).

• [Rad] [Rad] x 2
  9. Morgan_

Morgan_ Duckerz

Jul 3, 2020
    Yep. This exactly. I think I’d just have more fun trying to come up with stuff that is Destiny related. I did not even know about activision’s story revision choices, that sucks.

• [Rad] [Rad] x 1
  10. SquidWard

SquidWard Pirate and Bankrobber oTO Orderite

Jun 1, 2018
    Pretty much the story was actually told and it involved Osiris (the guy from the DLC of the second game) a lot more. Activision or someone in the leads of the game pretty much saw all this work that had already been done and said "How are players going to feel like other players could exist if their character is that important" or some shit and told them to scrap all that work and restart the story and make it so players didn't feel too important but important enough that they helped essentially. It seemed really stupid and like advice that someone who has never played games gave.

• [Rad] [Rad] x 1
  11. Aurelius Of Phoenix

Aurelius Of Phoenix Psued.

Mar 9, 2018
    Destiny 1 crucible is still fun, Destiny 2 crucible is a mixed bag for me but I stopped playing after the Moon Expansion.

• [Rad] [Rad] x 1
  12. Sn1p3r187

Sn1p3r187 Carolinian Shaolin Monk

Apr 7, 2014
    Unpopular Opinion: Power toms on old drum kits from the 1990's suck ass. I got to try one from my friend's old Mapex kit from '94. It had a 13x11 and a 12x10 power tom arranged above the bass drum. Mic'd it up, tried my damndest to tune it to where it'd sound decent and not too boomy. But they resonate too much. I had to put a pair of socks in the toms just to cut it and get a decent punch. I understand now why drum companies cut back an inch or so off of toms after the 90's. 12x9 and a 13x10 with Aquarian response heads would work damn near perfect for me.

• [Rad] [Rad] x 1
  13. TJQKA

TJQKA Boomer Anarchist

Sep 21, 2021
    hEAVY WOOd

tHE NeW SOund

• [Rad] [Rad] x 1
  14. Sn1p3r187

Sn1p3r187 Carolinian Shaolin Monk

Apr 7, 2014
    The new sound for me was when everyone realized that Stewart Copeland from The Police was right.

• [Rad] [Rad] x 1
  15. Sisyphus05

Sisyphus05 First time out of the vault

Nov 15, 2021
    jesus needs to get some bitches

• [Rad] [Rad] x 1
  16. Crni Vuk

Crni Vuk M4A3 Oldfag oTO Orderite

Nov 25, 2008
    Unpopular Opinion :

• [Rad] [Rad] x 1
  17. TJQKA

TJQKA Boomer Anarchist

Sep 21, 2021
    Know-it-All is a Talent in Divinity: Original Sin Enhanced Edition.

Know-it-All

• Decreases everyone's attitude towards you by 20 but gives you 1 extra point in Intelligence.

18. Crni Vuk

Crni Vuk M4A3 Oldfag oTO Orderite

Nov 25, 2008
    I can live with that. I'll take that 1 extra point.

• [Rad] [Rad] x 1
  19. Mr Fish

Sep 11, 2010
    Isn't +1 in a stat fairly minimal in its impact on your character since you get stat points every couple of levels?

• [Rad] [Rad] x 1
  20. Post-War Tribal

Post-War Tribal Detective ᗟΔИΟ oTO Orderite

Nov 8, 2018
    Lt. Michael Byrd, did a good job.