Unpopular Opinion and Discussion thread

Is this poll pointless?

• Total voters
Games are just as good now (numerically as many) as they were in the 90's. The genre's just changed.
TV and movies are just as good as they were back when you grew up.
Undeniably positive shit right here. A lot of media has been shit and some of it has been good. They just increased the volume of both but when you double 1 and double 5 you'll see that you get 2 and 10. If 1 out of 5 <things> were very well done and then the market allows for more of it to happen and you keep that ratio, you'll see that you get 8 bad to mediocre things and 2 great things. It makes it look even worse but it's really not.

I'm not saying that it's stayed proportional but there's a huge influx of media due to the internet and viable success of independent artists thanks to faster and cheaper communication also known as the interwebz. How many soundcloud rappers could be known to a kid in Texas and simultaneously to a kid in Canada in 1985 compared to 2015? It's a series of tubes!

It's not that women can't do comedy, it's that men find it attractive and other women get jealous. Unless you make Amy Schumer jokes. Then all your female friends just love you.

TV and movies are just as good as they were back when you grew up.

I'm gonna one up this and say they are better now.
I grew up during the 2008 writer's strike which for years, led to cheap reality TV and crappy teen dramas.
There were still some good shows being put out like Sopranos and Breaking Bad, but if you look at it, these were all very similar in what they were trying to do, make the bad guy empathic.

Nowadays, we still get that, but things have changed a lot more. With the rise of streaming, more shows are being made on a bigger budget, but with fewer episodes so a TV season is now more focused.
I've argued that we will eventually do away with 22 episodes seasons and 10-12 episodes will be the norm.

Even kid's TV is better these days. I mean I love my old Fairly Odd Parents and Dexter's Lab, but there was a period between 04-08 when I was an early teen where I was pretty tired of the cartoons that were on.
Early 10's gave kids shows like Adventure Time and Gravity Falls. I would have eaten that shit up as a kid.

Even through I don't watch a lot of these shows, I feel there is still merit to them. Heck, I'd take Riverdale over whatever crap teen drama they had back in 2008. Riverdale looks amazing and I should watch it...

Okay, here goes nothin':

- Fallout 4 was the worst game in the franchise story-wise and the only reason the game is even entertaining to play sans mods is the beta Settlement System.

- Fallout 76 should've had a team experienced in online games to develop Fallout 76 (Zenimax Online Studios, anyone?) which could've been useful in avoiding the issues Fallout 76 had. Take, for example, ESO. Also, the only reason degradation for armor and weapons exists is so Bugthesda can sell those repair kits.

- The first Avengers movie is okay at best.

- The Walking Dead TV series became utter garbage after

Carl's fate

- Best Fallout 4 mod is the laser sound 'Pew' for laser weapons.

- Ham smells like ass.

Politics ahead, you have been warned:

- BLM has become the modern 'Boy Who Cried Wolf', but as a boy-who-cried-wolf collective.

- Antifa is no better than the jackbooted Brownshirts of 1920s and 1930s Germany.

- ACAB are nothing but a collective of generalized ignorance, so none of what their opinion is matters.

Last edited:
Complaining about FO76 does not make sense, because when the tv show comes out, a new community will appear and Bethesda does not care about us

At this point asking a Fallout fan site not to talk about the shitty new games in the franchise is pointless. NMA isn't vitriolic about it. It's apathetic.

Alright, idk if people find this unpopular or not but I felt like sharing this.

In all honesty I think that 95% of music that comes out nowadays just either sounds bad or has no real imagination or effort put into it. I know I grew up with a lot of it, but once I kept listening to stuff from the 60s, 70s, and 80s, where there just seemed to be more effort put into music, especially in the case of concept albums. Now it just all feel fabricated, with a lot of songs just sounding the same and always being some shit about love or breaking up. It just really bothers me, like lyrically and conceptually we went backward in terms of music.

In all honesty I think that 95% of music that comes out nowadays just either sounds bad or has no real imagination or effort put into it. I know I grew up with a lot of it, but once I kept listening to stuff from the 60s, 70s, and 80s, where there just seemed to be more effort put into music, especially in the case of concept albums. Now it just all feel fabricated, with a lot of songs just sounding the same and always being some shit about love or breaking up. It just really bothers me, like lyrically and conceptually we went backward in terms of music.
Making music has become easy. It has lost it's crowd control.

I can't disagree with any of that. It's not me getting older as my son and DIL listen to and their friends listen to 70s and 80s tunes as a big % of current musick is shite... Ancient tune i found on a holodisk

I agree every mainstream things come out sound exactly the same, and the avante garde bs of their epic soundcloud bands. hell even underground band sound the same chord progression, same gimick, jests and with the same claps and 'HEY' in every beat here lemme link the perfect example. . but at the same time your description also matches this highly informative material . Please consult this educational film for any remaining questions And also after a while you just grow out of music and listen to it rarely. some insane people listen every single fucking day, they listen to music more then they talk to others.

At this point asking a Fallout fan site not to talk about the shitty new games in the franchise is pointless. NMA isn't vitriolic about it. It's apathetic.
Do you know the difference between Kinks and Perversion?

Throwing the slip on a wall is kinky.
When it sticks, it's a perversion.

Back