Unpopular Opinion and Discussion thread

Is this poll pointless?

• Total voters
Not sure how true it is that Eisenhower was against using the bomb, but it seems to be accepted as historical fact. Iirc, there were other high ranking officers that also saw it as unnecessary.

I wouldn't say anyone ever deserves it. Strategically unavoidable maybe? I'm not going to pretend to understand the stratagies, but based on what we know now and that even the allied commander was against it I'm going to say it was not needed.

The worst thing in the world is when you go to the doctor for help and they start talking about Jesus.

Also, yeah it might not have been necessary but it sure got the point across. Next time fucking surrender when we (or anyone else) say it is in your best interest. To take those islands would have been hell so we let them take the losses instead. Not sorry.

Japan had already offered to surrender as long as they were allowed to keep their emperor. Russia was encroaching on the territory as they famously had warred with Japan in the past. The US then nuked two civilian cities and accepted their surrender and allowed them to keep their emperor but the Russians were scared off whcih was the real reason behind bombing the two cities. Even soldiers back then said it was completely unnecessary.

@Walpkunt The bombing of Japan was revenge for Pearl Harbour. The bombing of Dresden was revenge for the May blitz in Britain. Sino Russia wars ! Japan attack Manchuria, The Russians fighting the battle of Stalingrad where 20 million died. Are you a history major your brief synopsis was comedy kidda. No offense. Japan before WW2 was a feudal system medieval in nature like something out of Total war but history has buried the fact Japan was on the verge of revolution ! Einstein urged the West to get the bomb sorted as soon as. I think BIG BOY was a great name for a bomb.

Joel Haver is the best person on youtube. Wait this is not unpopular. Ok all of you people suck and are the reason for things sucking. There I said it.

:smug:

I do wanna visit Germany one day. But the real shocker here was learning that prostitution is legal there and drinking beer warm is a thing. Im sorry but beer is excellent cold. Sorry Germans.

Yeah Gizmo fat fucks need to do that but when I go more than 12 hours without eating I feel like I am going to die. I don't weigh much these days. Just doing fasting labs makes it hard to drive to the doctor and even draw the blood without freaking out.

I mean if you just one food type you will have health issues. They are acting like eating just one type of food all the time is not bad period.

*boils ramen*

What I'm about to say is something I know you guys wouldn't consider it to be an unpopular opinion, but I do know if I were to say this anywhere else on The Internet, or heck anywhere on social media. I'd probably get a variety of reactions ranging from mixed to potentially heated ones which is this:

No Mutants Allowed & Duck and Cover are important to the legacy of both, the history of the Fallout series and it's fandom!
With the dedication of both websites shown through such things as:
Reporting news of whenever a new game was coming out, insight into the development process and what to expect for upcoming games through developer interviews, and by giving constructive criticism to developers(for certain Fallout games, it was during the time when they were still IN development) in which that it both helped the games to an extent, while other times it sadly fell on deaf ears.
One thing that I think is what's most important of all, is the fan reception of each Fallout game during their initial releases. Because whenever I look at the fanbase now and look back at what their perception was for each game, I usually use this website as point of reference. Like how people perceived Fallout Tactics back then compared to now, how certain people back when Fallout 3 first came out said that FO1 and 2 are games with crappy graphics and slow gameplay, now consider them(with New Vegas included) to be a lot better than 3, and of course how the many flaws that NMA pointed out about Bethesda have been finally realized by many a decade later with the release of 76. I've seen some people say that the OG fans from here were prophets! I was thinking the same thing too, that is until I started lurking through the archives of this website and of course, reading the masterpiece of The Glittering Gems of Hatred!
People may perceive these fansites(especially this one) as elitist echo chambers for bitter OG Fallout Fans, but for me. I'd say they're very important to the series legacy more than they realize it. :cool:

Last edited:
WHY IS IT TAKING XENONAUTS 2, 7 FUCKING YEARS TO COMPLETE? THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE. UNPOPULAR OPINION TIME.

THE DEVS SHOULD BE LOCKED IN A CELL UNTIL THEY FINISH THE GAME. FUCK THEIR FAMILIES THIS IS SERIOUS SHIT HERE.

All Caps Productions.

In an alternate universe Fallout 3 Van Buren was released. People said it was pure yawnography © and had left players confused.

Fallout atheists came into being detesting the false profits of the fallout bible. Mocking fallout purists became a pastime. " How many mutants did the master make" they would ask". Were the vats of FEV just Campbells soup gone off. "

Mods and rockers fought on Brighton's shingle beach. The rockers won and teamed up with Russian and Polish rockers to 'rock up '
the chemical residue of Fallout 2.

the rocked up rockers pooled ideas declaring Fallout New Vegan would have a one legged, black lesbian as the protagonist.
A kind doctor who had given her a prosthetic ' multi leg ' © had only asked 1 favour in return.{spoiler} .... To be continued

Back